CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That's what BTB is for though. It's WZ without the REQs... Warzone is meant to be played with REQs. 

And some of the spartan abilities work really well with the game, such as clamber and thrust and ground pound. I'd say get rid of spartan charge for sure and MAYBE sprint, or at least reduce the amount of sprint you get. Not unlimited sprint.

Warzone is hot steaming pile of trash.  The most unbalanced gametype and needs to die along with break out. 

Fuck forge. The frame rate performance is 100x worse than launch. There's no point in even forging

Very sad news to hear.  Maybe they need to work on the actual engine that a compiled forge map runs in.  The tool itself is awesome, just the results suck.  

It be like if you have really great programming IDE with awesome intellisense to help you write efficient code, but then you compile it with a garbage compiler and all of sudden you have all kinds of unnecessary branching and looping complexities that aren't needed.   Or perhaps writing a bunch of code to be really efficient given a good tool, only for the code to turn around to be interpreted instead of compiled.  

Fuck forge. The frame rate performance is 100x worse than launch. There's no point in even forging

This is incredibly disappointing to hear. I was really hoping we could see some good forge maps in HCS at some point. I played one game of Orion II and it was just awful. I stuck to one corner of the map just to avoid looking at the middle structure.

I really hope it gets addressed at some point, I really think forge maps are a must for HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is incredibly disappointing to hear. I was really hoping we could see some good forge maps in HCS at some point. I played one game of Orion II and it was just awful. I stuck to one corner of the map just to avoid looking at the middle structure.

I really hope it gets addressed at some point, I really think forge maps are a must for HCS.

I love when you post.  I love looking at that sexy ass Crosstrek. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well, if I were to break out a list of "shit 343 says"...

Honestly, as someone who thinks the aiming still feels bad and tried to play it for quite a while yesterday, what they seem to have addressed was the drastic variation from game to game. The response curves are still fucked, but it's mostly consistent now (obnoxious frame drops on every forge map aside). Before, it was impossible to really get used to H5's weird aiming, because it never felt the same, which (in fairness to 343) was probably the bigger problem of the two with aiming. Still wish they would just add an option for the old aiming system.

:holmes: 

• Upvote (+1) 4

If "input delay" was the culprit, then it would be up to a firmware update to fix that problem.

Just a reminder for everyone involved that the only concrete, tangible explanation for the aiming problem lies here. @@ske7ch here's your pitch

That isn’t a problem so much as a subjective thing. All Halo’s have this to varying degrees.

The input lag was an objective problem. Thankfully that seems mostly fixed.

Edit: downvote me all you like, go back to previous Halo’s and you’ll be able to find a spot where slightly increasing the stick deflection greatly increases aim speed. I did it and found it in every game. The only difference is that on default settings H5’s kicked in slightly earlier (ie: less stick deflection) and the jump was slightly greater.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

The problem isn't "not being able to get used to it", it's the fact that I literally cannot aim in the same manner that I could in past Halos, and even the fucking H5 beta. It's not a tiny difference either, especially when I can notice it from just watching videos of my, or other people's, gameplay. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

That isn’t a problem so much as a subjective thing. All Halo’s have this to varying degrees.

The input lag was an objective problem. Thankfully that seems mostly fixed.

Edit: downvote me all you like, go back to previous Halo’s and you’ll be able to find a spot where slightly increasing the stick deflection greatly increases aim speed. I did it and found it in every game. The only difference is that on default settings H5’s kicked in slightly earlier (ie: less stick deflection) and the jump was slightly greater.

Not trying to be rude but I know for a fact you used to say the aiming was fine. So now you're saying you always noticed the input lag? What about the time you didn't notice your sticks were inverted? 

The aiming in Halo 5 is " why I stopped playing Halo" inducing. Either they fix it for Halo 6 or I'm not buying it, period. 

The aiming in Halo 5 is " why I stopped playing Halo" inducing. 

It became the single biggest issue I had with the game.  It feels good enough that i enjoy pulling the trigger again, so now i can go back to hating radar and spartan charge and sprint

• Upvote (+1) 3

The problem isn't "not being able to get used to it", it's the fact that I literally cannot aim in the same manner that I could in past Halos, and even the fucking H5 beta. It's not a tiny difference either, especially when I can notice it from just watching videos of my, or other people's, gameplay. 

Some people are incapable of being empathetic.  If they can't feel it, they don't understand it. For some, sympathy is the end of the line, and then there are those around here who aren't even sympathetic.  

"I don't give a shit if you can't aim, feels fine to me."

If I had a nickle for how many times I've heard that on these forums. 

Mythic WZFF is live for anyone that cares. Featured map this weekend is Prospect. Difficulty skulls: 

Round 1: Tough Luck
Round 2: Tough Luck – Blackeye
Round 3: Tough Luck – Blackeye – Thunderstorm
Round 4: Tough Luck – Blackeye – Thunderstorm – Catch
Round 5: Tough Luck –Blackeye – Thunderstorm – Catch – Mythic
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Mythic WZFF is live for anyone that cares. Featured map this weekend is Prospect. Difficulty skulls: 

Round 1: Tough Luck
Round 2: Tough Luck – Blackeye
Round 3: Tough Luck – Blackeye – Thunderstorm
Round 4: Tough Luck – Blackeye – Thunderstorm – Catch
Round 5: Tough Luck – Blackeye – Thunderstorm – Catch – Mythic

200.gif#1

Not trying to be rude but I know for a fact you used to say the aiming was fine. So now you're saying you always noticed the input lag? What about the time you didn't notice your sticks were inverted?

The aiming in Halo 5 is " why I stopped playing Halo" inducing. Either they fix it for Halo 6 or I'm not buying it, period.

I’m pretty damn sure the input lag was something introduced in a later update. Even if it wasn’t it’s a separate issue to the sensitivity curves. If the lag was always there I’ll admit it took me a bit to notice.

Also it wasn’t me who didn’t notice my sticks being inverted.

When I played it on one of the new maps during the last few rounds the framerate dropped considerably. 

I've only ever noticed considerable frame drops when all the enemies at the end of a round die and even then, it only lasts for a second.

I think we're forgetting one small detail here. 

The aiming was perfectly fine in the beta, and Ghost said that 343 deliberately changed it. 

That's what makes this that much worse. All the things they fixed from beta to release and they somehow managed to fuck up the most important part of a shooter. 

Beta: 

Release: 

xboxdvr.com/xSociety/235cf0b3-eb5f-4481-a6a0-e5e8fc2ccfc1

• Upvote (+1) 1

This just in, H5 is still bad. Even with okay aiming this game is just not good.

Slayer is the worst iteration. H4 slayer is better than this.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Just copy the fucking aiming from MCC H1(not sure if it's the same as OG Halo 1, just in 30fps, or different).

Smoothest and fastest aiming system I've ever used. Closest feeling to a mouse i've ever gotten on a console.

Halo 5 has also sincerely fucked my mind when it comes to aiming. I used to never think about aiming in video games. Now I compare everything to Halo 5's shitty aiming and I'm doing calculations in my head whether an aiming system is good or not. I can no longer find aiming I like besides Halo 1 or Halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm curious what you did with the Elite curves.  I tried making adjustments with that, but the Elite curve changes just seemed to result in super drastic jumps for me.

When you pick a curve like "Aggressive" for example there is a slider that makes it either more or less intense. I tune the aggressive curve down a bit and it actually feels pretty good now.

Holy shit the beta looks so much better than tf final product

I always think that when I see clips from the beta. For some reason the sounds that everyone else hated never really bugged me. Did the guns have much more visual recoil in the beta?