CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Reading posts all day praising the fixed aiming, get home and it feel just as bad. Am I the only one?

It feels more crisp. Its still not the best aiming I've felt, but it feels much better. I still use custom curves on my Elite to get it feeling truly nice.

Anybody that is having issues with the aiming still and uses custom settings:

Try default instead and put the accel down to 2.  It was still weird for me playing on 2/2.5/3 like usual, but putting it to default 3 with 2 accel (What they said the beta was set to) actually feels way better now.  I was flipping between 3 and 4 yesterday, and both actually felt good.  May up it to 4 for a bit and see how it goes tonight, but i definitely don't feel like i have a sensitivity crisis anymore.

I feel like the input lag wasn't effecting just the aiming, but everything. Shooting and other button presses too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know about everyone else, but this confuses me.

@@Apoll0 vs @

My money's on the one with the A in their name

My money's on the one with the 0 in their name.

• Upvote (+1) 1

just gonna point out I've updated my fov/forge/widescreen tool. I'll get the widescreen working sometime today or this weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

loud woman you gotta stop this insanity...

All they need is an armor set with a tail to compliment that ugly ass helmet. 

My money is on the one without HCS in their name.  Does this mean there is going to be an epic 1v1 dual streamed by the official Beyond twitch?  Cuz that would be dope. Sentinel beams on back wash. :kappa: 

I don't know about everyone else, but this confuses me.

@@Apoll0 vs @

Wow, I honestly thought they were the same but kept switching avatars or something.

(please tell me I'm not the only one that recognizes avatars more than names?)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wow, I honestly thought they were the same but kept switching avatars or something.

(please tell me I'm not the only one that recognizes avatars more than names?)

I have to agree, it is intensely confusing when someones avatar changes.  Sometimes it can be awhile before i realise its the same person.

Regarding the aiming, I wonder if those who consistently say "it's fixed" after every purported patch have ever noticed how unbelievably crappy Halo 3's aiming is. The problem I have with H5's aiming is precisely the same problem I had with H3, but most people think H3 feels fine, so it makes me wonder if people are even cognizant of the same thing that I am. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have to agree, it is intensely confusing when someones avatar changes.  Sometimes it can be awhile before i realise its the same person.

You should see our evolved discord chat....   People are constantly changing their avatar AND nickname.  You can only tell by their style of sarcasm sometimes.  Or just purplness, or just pissed-off-edness(ARglactable). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You should see our evolved discord chat....   People are constantly changing their avatar AND nickname.  You can only tell by their style of sarcasm sometimes.  Or just purplness, or just pissed-off-edness(ARglactable). 

Its surprising how well you can get to know people (in an Internet-y kind of way) based on their style of sarcasm lol

It's literally impossible to forge anything without there being huge frame rate drops. How does the performance for this game get worse every fucking update holy shit it was so stable when it launched.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Regarding the aiming, I wonder if those who consistently say "it's fixed" after every purported patch have ever noticed how unbelievably crappy Halo 3's aiming is. The problem I have with H5's aiming is precisely the same problem I had with H3, but most people think H3 feels fine, so it makes me wonder if people are even cognizant of the same thing that I am.

If you want the opinion of someone who arguably suffered more from the aiming input lag than the average player due to me being in the UK and often playing on US servers, I'd tell you the aiming has definitely been improved without a doubt, and I can tell how bad Halo 3's aiming is and have never claimed the aiming to be fixed prior to this patch if that means anything to you.

If you want the opinion of someone who arguably suffered more from the aiming input lag than the average player due to me being in the UK and often playing on US servers, I'd tell you the aiming has definitely been improved without a doubt, and I can tell how bad Halo 3's aiming is and have never claimed the aiming to be fixed prior to this patch if that means anything to you.

Halo 3's aiming wasn't a connection problem, though, and I'm 99.99999% sure that H5's isn't either. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really, really strongly suggest (yet again) to wait a week or 2 before passing judgement on the aiming. These knee jerk reactions don't help, both the positive and the negative.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really, really strongly suggest (yet again) to wait a week or 2 before passing judgement on the aiming. These knee jerk reactions don't help, both the positive and the negative.

Eh? If the aiming was truly fixed it would be immediately and unambiguously apparent. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

If 343 gave us the ability to adjust sensitivity curves that would be great. I thought they had aiming down back with Halo 4, it was one of the few things that game did right.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 3's aiming wasn't a connection problem, though, and I'm 99.99999% sure that H5's isn't either.

Oh,I didn't mean to word it to sound like Halo 3's was a connection problem, I understand 3's was just the weird aiming system itself, as for Halo 5, I've played pretty extensively on US servers and without a doubt it was worse BY FAR, of course I have no evidence to back this up but that just reminds me of when this whole issue started and people denied that there was even a problem with the aiming until pros started speaking up months later. There was simply no way for us to prove it was flawed and we were called liars, much like I can't prove to you through words that the input delay is fixed or was server based.

Anyways, are the social playlists actually social? Or at they still sweaty saunas with tighter skill matchmaking than the ranked lists?

after playing 10 games of social skirmish, they appear to be actually social; I'm still getting matched with bronze and/or Champion players each game, lots of blowouts, some close games, etc.  I'm guessing it'll tighten a bit (skill-wise) but it appears to be actually social.  for reference, when I played pre-update social playlists on secondary accounts, I would get 50-49 sweatfests after 3-4 games

• Upvote (+1) 1

If "input delay" was the culprit, then it would be up to a firmware update to fix that problem. 

Just a reminder for everyone involved that the only concrete, tangible explanation for the aiming problem lies here. @@ske7ch here's your pitch