CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

No. It's still really bad. Night and day even when watching beta clips to now. 

Yeah the lag is gone, but the curves still feel really weird

• Upvote (+1) 3

Savage.

I'm only talking post-patch, there was definitely massive input lag before the patch which is completely gone now as far as I can tell, and I'm all for criticism where it is due but saying things like "aiming feels even worse" is just straight up false. As for the acceleration curve I feel now that the aiming is more responsive your acceleration doesn't really kick in before you can get your aim onto the target causing over aiming like it used to, especially if you have appropriate sensitivity, accel and deadzones. I feel that when people complain just for the sake of it we get further away from what we want, it's like that friend who just makes shit up all the time so you stop believing anything they say.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm only talking post-patch, there was definitely massive input lag before the patch which is completely gone now as far as I can tell, and I'm all for criticism where it is due but saying things like "aiming feels even worse" is just straight up false. As for the acceleration curve I feel now that the aiming is more responsive your acceleration doesn't really kick in before you can get your aim onto the target causing over aiming like it used to, especially if you have appropriate sensitivity, accel and deadzones. I feel that when people complain just for the sake of it we get further away from what we want, it's like that friend who just makes shit up all the time so you stop believing anything they say.

The input lag is thankfully gone but the wacky sens curve is still a large pain in the ass.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Aiming feels great now but playing on American servers from the EU feels worse than ever. Maybe it's cos I can actually hit people now but my head shots still won't register?

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@wow For reference I use 3/3/3 and 0 for both deadzones, I don't find the accel kicking in when I'm aiming after the update as I'm not over compensating for the heavy aim and then causing the turning accel to happen, especially so because I often use my strafe to aim, except when someone jumps or thrusts out of the way, which was ALWAYS when the accel would happen and throw my aim off pre patch. But I don't at all doubt that the accel curve is still there as it was never actually addressed by 343 I just think the nature of the aiming has changed enough that it's not so much of an issue as it used to be for me, I can't really speak for everyone on the accel but claims that the aiming is worse are just false.

The aiming is moderately better as a UK player

But I still find myself in the situation of playing one game of Halo 5 and switching to CE on MCC. As long as AR charging is a rewarded strategy, I can't enjoy this game. I may actually hate the weapon sandbox of Halo 5 more than any of the unneccesary movement abilities 343 added or even sprint, and I didnt think it was possible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Starting to think people are mistaking "broken aiming" with their own shitty aim...

This is the equivalent of "well, the MCC works for me MAYBE YOU JUST HAVE SHITTY INTERNET"

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Anyways, are the social playlists actually social? Or at they still sweaty saunas with tighter skill matchmaking than the ranked lists?

Anyways, are the social playlists actually social? Or at they still sweaty saunas with tighter skill matchmaking than the ranked lists?

Honestly I can't tell yet. I've played a few games against some pretty bad players and a few games against some good ones. So it seems random to me.

Honestly I can't tell yet. I've played a few games against some pretty bad players and a few games against some good ones. So it seems random to me.

Were those mixed up, or sequential?

Like did it go bad kids, bad kids, good kids, good kids

or

bad kids, good kids, bad kids, good kids

?

Here's a leaked upcoming helmet REQ:

For some reason that helmet made me think about this guy.

mac-1.jpg

or

?

Mixed up. Bad kids, bad kids, extremely sweaty arena kids, bad kids.

This is the equivalent of "well, the MCC works for me MAYBE YOU JUST HAVE SHITTY INTERNET"

Nice hyperbole, I don't see how that's anything like what I said considering there's an objective difference in the aiming since the patch. Besides, I was only referring to people saying the aiming is worse since the patch, not the people who still have problems with the acceleration curve which is a totally valid criticism considering that hasn't been changed as far as we know.

Plus repped for making me lol though.

I was only referring to people saying the aiming is worse since the patch, not the people who still have problems with the acceleration curve which is a totally valid criticism considering that hasn't been changed as far as we know.

"Starting to think people are mistaking "broken aiming" with their own shitty aim..."

Yes, you made that oh so very clear.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

To add to the peanut gallery here, even though this could all be subjective, having played H5: Forge quite a bit so recognizing what good H5 controller feel can be, the latency definitely feels better post yesterdays patch.  I say that based solely on the fact that I find myself losing battles because I'm over aiming, which would make sense given a year's worth of muscle memory trained by the heavy reticle.  Also, playing the snipers playlist I'm finding snapshots to be far more difficult, and since I doubt any changes have been made to the hit detection (although the snipe could use an unscoped nerf), I just attribute that to my no scope sweep timing being off because of reduced input latency.

I'll be the first to admit I 100% agree with the accel curves being off, and not feeling like classic Halo, but I'm confident that a month from now with a few hundred games in with the reduced input latency, my aim will be the best it has been in H5, and at least that's something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

or

?

Most of the games i played, and i played about 5-6 hours of skirmish last night, seemed mixed well. Me and my cousin would usually go positive, our teammates would go negative, and the mixture was usually the same on the other team. A few games we had a good squad that crushed the other side, and a few others we got crushed by what felt like a team of 4. it felt pretty random and "social" to me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Omahhhha

"I'm only talking post-patch, there was definitely massive input lag before the patch which is completely gone now as far as I can tell, and I'm all for criticism where it is due but saying things like "aiming feels even worse" is just straight up false. As for the acceleration curve I feel now that the aiming is more responsive your acceleration doesn't really kick in before you can get your aim onto the target causing over aiming like it used to, especially if you have appropriate sensitivity, accel and deadzones. I feel that when people complain just for the sake of it we get further away from what we want, it's like that friend who just makes shit up all the time so you stop believing anything they say. "

Yes, actually, I did make that VERY clear.

It's probably best to admit you were wrong instead of continuing this any further, that being said, sorry if what I said came across as hostile.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Omahhhha

"I'm only talking post-patch, there was definitely massive input lag before the patch which is completely gone now as far as I can tell, and I'm all for criticism where it is due but saying things like "aiming feels even worse" is just straight up false. As for the acceleration curve I feel now that the aiming is more responsive your acceleration doesn't really kick in before you can get your aim onto the target causing over aiming like it used to, especially if you have appropriate sensitivity, accel and deadzones. I feel that when people complain just for the sake of it we get further away from what we want, it's like that friend who just makes shit up all the time so you stop believing anything they say. "

Yes, actually, I did make that VERY clear.

I disagree

But, it's really not worth arguing about any further.

• Downvote (-1) 1