CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The update will take me a couple of days.

Is it worth it?

For me, yes. Just for the aim "fix" alone. For others here, not so much.

The update will take me a couple of days.

Is it worth it?

Absolutely. Big problems of aiming weirdness fixed, along with more content in social playlists and custom browser. Arena settings looking to be changing soon as well.

Just posted this in the HCS thread but gonna paste it here too

I've played 3 games and gotten more ghost melees than the 3 months prior. One guy Ninjad me and I heard him punch me in the back and nothing happened. What the fuck 343 it's literally worse

Yes, absolutely. I'm not into Discord so forgive my ignorance, but @OG Nick, @@Killmachine, @@SMARTAN 427, @@arglactable, @@Mythik Nick and I'm sure many others could point you in the right direction. I'd mention Beast but it never tags him anyways...

i myself used axon before this discord craze, when everyone moved over i basically had to break in to use it because it simply wouldnt let me use the damn service. couldnt hear other voices and i couldnt open the app to change the settings, couldnt verify the account i had JUST made. it was insanity. never had to go through that with axon, although discord is a good service in and of itself. its just that getting to use it fucking infuriated me lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea, definitely works. It seems that the light beams from the sun flicker a tiny bit though. 

are either of these mods persistent or do you have to do them every time you play?

What controller settings are you guys playing with now that the update is out?

I had been playing on 0% deadzones 4 sens / 3 accel for the past couple months (after switching from 3 sens / 5 accel).  I tried a bunch of different new combos but actually 4 / 3 still feels best to me, it's just a more responsive "version" of 4 / 3 now.  It took me about 20 games after the update to relearn 4 / 3 without the old input lag.  

I have gotten to play a few hours of evolved settings for the first time today and it has pretty much ruined vanilla H5 for me. It is hard for me to even finish a game with the regular settings without being super frustrated. 

I am glad other people feel the same way about the aiming because it does still feel a little weird to me. (just with now input lag)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have gotten to play a few hours of evolved settings for the first time today and it has pretty much ruined vanilla H5 for me. It is hard for me to even finish a game with the regular settings without being super frustrated. 

I am glad other people feel the same way about the aiming because it does still feel weird to me. (just with now input lag)

Yeah, with the fixed aiming I realized I just dont enjoy H5s gameplay, all that thrust sprint shit is too much

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am glad other people feel the same way about the aiming because it does still feel a little weird to me. (just with now input lag)

You running FFA Evolved?

Reading posts all day praising the fixed aiming, get home and it feel just as bad. Am I the only one?

No. It's still really bad. Night and day even when watching beta clips to now.