CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This is honestly ridiculous. It takes an extra 10 seconds to invite your friends, and if the resources it would have taken to allow joining as a fireteam instead went to fixing ghost melees or input lag, then that was probably the easiest decision of someone's career.

When 100 people are trying to get into one lobby it doesn't take a "extra 10 seconds" it would have took 2 minutes of dev time to implement it

When 100 people are trying to get into one lobby it doesn't take a "extra 10 seconds" it would have took 2 minutes of dev time to implement it

If I'm not mistaken, you can set it to invite only until your friends are in, and then open it up to all players afterwards. You may need to end the current game and restart it once they're in, but that's honestly like 10 extra seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was really hoping this update would actually make the game fun, but no. Servers are still shit, settings suck, aiming still feels like ass (more responsive, but the same ******** response curves), "join in progress" browser sucks, ghost melees still happen, lobbies and bookmarks still break, ORION II. Oh, and quit bans in social to seal the deal. I am so tired of this fucking garbage.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Nothing that involves network programming ever takes just 2 minutes to do. I swear this update could have given every halo player a literal blowjob and you guys would be complaining about them using their hands too much.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I'm not mistaken, you can set it to invite only until your friends are in, and then open it up to all players afterwards. You may need to end the current game and restart it once they're in, but that's honestly like 10 extra seconds.

I'm talking about random customs not hosting my own?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nothing that involves network programming ever takes just 2 minutes to do. I swear this update could have given every halo player a literal blowjob and you guys would be complaining about them using their hands too much.

Joining custom games with your friends is a big reason I came back. I've wanted a custom game browser since Halo 3 for that reason. Not being able to do that is a big hit to the casual community and your average player. Seriously get out of your competitive bubble.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Joining custom games with your friends is a big reason I came back. I've wanted a custom game browser since Halo 3 for that reason. Not being able to do that is a big hit to the casual community and your average player. Seriously get out of your competitive bubble.

Host lobbies, join lobbies with plenty of space, etc for the time being, and give 343 feedback through a venue they are likely to see it (Twitter seems to do well) about your concern in a constructive manner. I imagine this is something that they wanted for the browser and didn't have time to implement it, and if they see demand for it, they will give it a higher priority for the next update.

If you lead with "Just uninstalled Halo 5 again" you aren't going to get anywhere.

• Upvote (+1) 5

There are those that said this day would never come, what are they to say now?

I was in 10th grade when Halo 2 came out, and on release day I took a white tshirt, put this quote into google translate to get it in French, and wrote the (surely atrocious) French translation on the shirt and wore it to school, because the day prior we had attempted to download a leaked French pirated version of the game.

So, thanks for the cringiest fucking halo memory ever, definitely needed that one right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Host lobbies, join lobbies with plenty of space, etc for the time being, and give 343 feedback through a venue they are likely to see it (Twitter seems to do well) about your concern in a constructive manner. I imagine this is something that they wanted for the browser and didn't have time to implement it, and if they see demand for it, they will give it a higher priority for the next update.

If you lead with "Just uninstalled Halo 5 again" you aren't going to get anywhere.

Lets give constructive criticism to company with the worst rip off and fuck you to customers ever in the history of the games industry (Master Chief Collection) which to this day is broke. How about no?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Glad to see this thread is still a shithole lol, literally nothing will make you guys happy ... you can join custom games with friends, just have them start (or join someone else's) lobby and search with the "friends" filter, very simple.  If it becomes a serious problem, I'm sure they'll patch it.  I've been playing customs all afternoon, it's ridiculously fun

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The controller aim on the PC got the "fix" right? Just tried it, still beyond garbage tier. @@Killmachine said it above, but the aiming is 100% not "fixed". 

PC already had the fix. This update just pushed it out to console players. Heavy aim was input lag and had nothing to do with the acceleration curves that many people on here have a problem with when switching from other games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cant find the game :(

Should be up I had a few people join. I it on evolved midship now. 

Where did this come from? No one even mentioned competitive/casual. In fact, this feature benefits both sides. Yes it would be nice to join lobbies with your fireteam, but as a workaround until that is in, why not host your own games? The game now has an in-game file browser. If you browse Youtube, r/Halo, and Forgehub you'll find some pretty nice stuff. And people will probably join you.

But go ahead, continue to be you if that's how you feel things should be dealt with.

Glad to see this thread is still a shithole lol, literally nothing will make you guys happy ... you can join custom games with friends, just start a lobby and have them search with the "friends" filter, very simple.  If it becomes a serious problem, I'm sure they'll patch it.  I've been playing customs all afternoon, it's ridiculously fun

That's literally how normal custom games worked, genius. Way to not understand the complaint at all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just played Orion II on PC, didn't notice any lag. Then again Halo 5 at 1440p is only using ~50% of my GPU. 

But yea, the aiming is still bad. No where near H5 Beta good. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

PC already had the fix. This update just pushed it out to console players. Heavy aim was input lag and had nothing to do with the acceleration curves that many people on here have a problem with when switching from other games.

Thanks. But I don't like how you say "when switching from other games", implying that it's just different. No, it's flat out bad and they should feel bad. 

Edit: Mouse aim doesn't feel any different now, like they said it would. I'm seeing a trend here. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The controller aim on the PC got the "fix" right? Just tried it, still beyond garbage tier. @@Killmachine said it above, but the aiming is 100% not "fixed".

Frame lock cap or fov issues fixed?