CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If you're playing on PC do yourself a favor and don't even bother with using a mouse, the controller is 100x better for some reason

I can attest to this statement pre-patch.  Haven't played the new update though. 

I figured out how to do Halo 1-style spawns in Forge. Now to work out Health Packs and thruster refills.

Did you use the new spawn values with scripting? If so I'll actually come back and forge a map tonight

• Upvote (+1) 2

No dont praise them for this, they are the ones that made the problem

Why would someone neg rep this?  

Oh yea that's right.  Someone who will always new rep anything bad about 343 and then not say anything about why, besides what I assume to be just sheer blind love for a dev that has a really bad track record.  

• Downvote (-1) 4

Custom Browser notes:

• Can't see Host of Lobby, this would be a very convenient feature to find "regulars" who host awesome game nights/lobbies
  • The tag system has always been a bit messy, so they aren't really effective at finding the type of game you want
  • You cannot join a game with a fireteam, and I think this is pretty detrimental

Holy balls that last one hurts.  

For the first one, name your gametype "Infinities Evolved Lobby Starter" and then just don't share it with the community.  People will know it's legit until some copy cat comes along.  

They really need to add party leader, custom lobby names, and while theyre at it fix the on JIP and no fireteam join issues. 

If you're playing on PC do yourself a favor and don't even bother with using a mouse, the controller is 100x better for some reason

so exactly the same as the first version...

Why would someone neg rep this?  

Oh yea that's right.  Someone who will always new rep anything bad about 343 and then not say anything about why, besides what I assume to be just sheer blind love for a dev that has a really bad track record.  

Didn't neg rep, but are people not allowed to be happy about this update?  Sure, it shouldn't have been an issue in the first place, but they finally acknowledged it and fixed it.  This is what everyone wanted right?  Just don't get the point of still holding a grudge and pouting. Now we can finally move on to other problems.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Did you use the new spawn values with scripting? If so I'll actually come back and forge a map tonight

No, I'll just have an invisible block set to despawn over every spawn point. Should work perfectly if invisible blockers don't stop bullets.

• Upvote (+1) 1

what are the controller settings u guys have so far?

I set it back to default to see if there really is a difference, and not sure where to go from there

:mj:  :mj:  :mj:

mfw @ grabs sniper on The Rig and blains me everytime resulting in 1-16 stat line

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really? in H5 its opposite

Pretty sure that’s not true. I tested it and default seemed like vertical and horizontal were roughly equal.

Nah.  Vertical is much quicker.  Its easier to tell if you put it on like default 6 sense, then look up and down or left and right.  Up and down is definitely faster.

At the same time, if you put the vert and hor sense as equal, vertical is slightly slower than horizontal.  I wish they were exactly the same.  Its not a linear relationship so you can't just say "ok to get them to be exactly the same, i have to put vertical sense up .5 higher than horizontal" which is a pain in the ass.  

Its also possible that none of this is true anymore and their "input latency" explanation is totally dumbed down.

I think i'm basically just going to start over.  Start at default sense and go from there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the question is, have we finally left the beta and onto full release now? :)

Also, is social real social now?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah.  Vertical is much quicker.  Its easier to tell if you put it on like default 6 sense, then look up and down or left and right.  Up and down is definitely faster.

At the same time, if you put the vert and hor sense as equal, vertical is slightly slower than horizontal.  I wish they were exactly the same.  Its not a linear relationship so you can't just say "ok to get them to be exactly the same, i have to put vertical sense up .5 higher than horizontal" which is a pain in the ass.  

Its also possible that none of this is true anymore and their "input latency" explanation is totally dumbed down.

I think i'm basically just going to start over.  Start at default sense and go from there.

Nope. I've tested this, at default 5 sens (2.5 horizontal, 5 vertical) the vertical and horizontal aim speeds are roughly equal. At 5 horizontal and 5 vertical, horizontal aiming is clearly much faster. Here's a comparison:

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2015-12-11&sr

The left is default settings, the right is 5 and 5. To do this I just held fire whilst circling the stick at a steady rate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like how you can switch between Ranked, Social, and Warzone with the bumpers but as soon as you select Warzone they stop working, 343 truly has top men designing this UI  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3