CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

omg i can actually fucking aim and not want to smash my face into the monitor, i can win ar vs pistols, i can outshoot people. 343=GODS

• Upvote (+1) 2

Holy shit. Using the Weapon pad glitch I combined the Pro Pipe and the Sentinel Beam. UNLIMITED POWWWAAA, BEAM OF GRENADES< ITS BEAUTFIUL.

• Upvote (+1) 4

omg i can actually fucking aim and not want to smash my face into the monitor, i can win ar vs pistols, i can outshoot people. 343=GODS

No dont praise them for this, they are the ones that made the problem

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Custom Browser notes:

• Can't see Host of Lobby, this would be a very convenient feature to find "regulars" who host awesome game nights/lobbies
  • The tag system has always been a bit messy, so they aren't really effective at finding the type of game you want
  • You cannot join a game with a fireteam, and I think this is pretty detrimental

Really? in H5 its opposite

That’s just the numerical values in the menu. The idea behind that was that if you make them equal it more closely matches the older Halo’s ratio. I did some tests and in 5 the ratio between vertical and horizontal sensitivity is actually much closer than previous games.

From what I could tell with default settings the vertical and horizontal sensitivities are pretty much equal in 5.

343 employees celebrating launch day material. Most of the fan base has already dropped the game and it's frustrating to know that we had to wait over a year for 343 to release a complete game.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Why aren't the new items in the game yet?

New Reqs have always trickled out a few hours after each update. Usually Bravo would announce a time when they were guaranteed to be available.

2pm PST looks like when it will be safe to start opening packs. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really? in H5 its opposite

No, it isn't.  Default sensitivity is 1.5 Horizontal and 3 Vertical yet your movement up and down (vertically) is far slower than your movement left and right (horizontally).  The values aren't linear tied to each other.  You'd need a vertical sensitivity of about 5 to feels like 1.5 feels horizontally.

I just played my first match since the update, it was first to 5000 kills FFA on Truth on a US server (me being from the UK the aiming always felt the worst on US servers due to latency and whatever) but my aim didn't feel off for a single second the entire time I was in the match even though the match itself was a bit laggy, I'm pretty confident when I say that they've fixed the aiming, I always had massive problems with it but it's definitely changed. As a bonus Bravo was also in that match, storm rifling everyone lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4

No, it isn't. Default sensitivity is 1.5 Horizontal and 3 Vertical yet your movement up and down (vertically) is far slower than your movement left and right (horizontally). The values aren't linear tied to each other. You'd need a vertical sensitivity of about 5 to feels like 1.5 feels horizontally.

Pretty sure that’s not true. I tested it and default seemed like vertical and horizontal were roughly equal.

Has the AoE on the grenade launcher always been so huge? Also, getting directly hit with it hurts

They had to make it easier to use, cause reasons. Sprint

• Upvote (+1) 4

Aiming feels perfect now. I can win Pistol vs AR fights in close range with higher success. Just feels much more responsive (even in close quarters) as of this update. 

Seems like the Social playlists are true social now. Had some close games, some huge blowouts, some bad players, and some pros.

• Upvote (+1) 1