CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

2 small things I found interesting from the GAF thread. 1) Frankie, whether serious or sarcastic acknowledged the aiming issues. 2) Both Frankie and Tashi were responding to Zeus the Dino on GAF. I'm not sure 100% why Zeus was banned here, but wasn't it because he had a lot of either sarcastic or negative posts directed towards 343?

I'm sure they aren't aware but I thought that was funny.

I mean, they're reducing controller latency in the next update.

I mean, they're reducing controller latency in the next update.

I'm talking besides the update and content. The aiming interests me obviously but it was just 2 things that stood out to me reading that GAF thread. Hope that clarifies what I meant.

I am very excited about this new custom game mode. Like immensely excited. I know I personally will be hosting alot of 8s, because matchmaking alone is alot of work. This is all really awesome stuff so far. I hope people really host alot of cool customs. This will also be a great way to meet other players to play with and maybe get some more teams filled for these am brackets! Pro league will be so much better now too with observer mode. Wondering if they fixed spectate mode. So far so good.

Reading over it again, the custom games browsers sounds little lackluster. 

They keep referring to it as a "Join in progress" custom games browser and this quote in particular is worrying:

Vincent: We know getting a full fireteam together to run customs isn’t always easy, and while Looking For Group is great for appointment gaming, sometimes you just want to jump in and discover something new. The new Custom Games Browser enables you to search for in-progress games from the main menu. Games you can join are based on their privacy settings when they are created in the lobby. We’ve also updated the Content Browser so that if you find a map or mode that you like, you’ll be able to browse for in-progress custom games from that file’s options.

So unless this is just poor wording, it sounds like the only way we can host 4v4 Evolved games for example, is to start it up with less than eight people and wait for more people to join in progress.

They keep referring to it as a "Join in progress" custom games browser and this quote in particular is worrying:

So unless this is just poor wording, it sounds like the only way we can host 4v4 Evolved games for example, is to start it up with less than eight people and wait for more people to join in progress.

What were you expecting? I was expecting this would just be used like H2V servers, were people would join cloud ctf servers and drop in and drop out. Are the servers hosted by 343 or Players?

Got on played 2 games lagged out of both of them.

Got back on a few hours later play 2 or 3 games then lagged out of another.

I hope the update helps this some.

What were you expecting? I was expecting this would just be used like H2V servers, were people would join cloud ctf servers and drop in and drop out. Are the servers hosted by 343 or Players?

I was expecting something like I choose a map/gametype, it shows up on the browser and people can join. Rather than having to waste the clock on game modes with timers like 4v4 and BTB matches or even Infection with short rounds.

I have no clue how normal custom game browsers function though for a console.

Moreso than anything, I'm excited for the custom game browser because it makes the PC game viable in some way. I feel like the saving grace with this game will come in part from people being able to play it on PC, and the ability to join custom games will make it functional for those people. Here's hoping the technical issues with the PC edition get fixed too

Your negativtey on this forum truly concerns me. Why would you need to host it in the custom game lobby if you have the full players? And what i mean is if I have a full 4v4 party why would I need to host it for others to join? If someone leaves then we can host it. Maybe I dont get it. But to call something lackluster that isnt even out yes makes me laugh. Lets hold off on the judgement until we use it.

• Downvote (-1) 10

Your negativtey on this forum truly concerns me. Why would you need to host it in the custom game lobby if you have the full players?

What?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Your negativtey on this forum truly concerns me. Why would you need to host it in the custom game lobby if you have the full players? And what i mean is if I have a full 4v4 party why would I need to host it for others to join? If someone leaves then we can host it. Maybe I dont get it. But to call something lackluster that isnt even out yes makes me laugh. Lets hold off on the judgement until we use it.

He's saying, if you only have like 4 players, you're going to have to start the game up and just wait on the map in order for your custom game to show up on the server list. You can't just sit in the lobby with 4 and let people join your lobby.

• Upvote (+1) 5

He's saying, if you only have like 4 players, you're going to have to start the game up and just wait on the map in order for your custom game to show up on the server list. You can't just sit in the lobby with 4 and let people join your lobby.

I see, yeah that's stupid if they don't include that. Can you talk in the pre game lobby now? If you still can't I can see why they didn't implement that.

Exactly. A specific example would be hosting a 1v1 on the custom games browser. If it's only a join-in-progress browser then that means I can host it, run around the map, waste the timer, pick up weapons, get positioning, etc until the second player joins.

I mean at least it'll work for some FFA servers. You can just join up and hopefully by the next game its full. Just takes a decent party leader to make it all work out well for stuff like 2v2 or 4v4

JiP browser is fine. Start a custom game, wait for it to fill up, end the game and bring everyone back to the lobby. Start the full game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

JiP browser is fine. Start a custom game, wait for it to fill up, end the game and bring everyone back to the lobby. Start the full game.

would making the first game really short and use it as kind of like a pre-game lobby work?