CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So two forge canvases. Barren and Depths. Barren is the desert one we've seen. Depths was sneakily shown in this picture below, and looks to be UNDERWATER. Tom French is love, Tom french is life.

custombrowser-8202a31822a44b22838e0ec5c2

• Upvote (+1) 6

Now I'm hype for tomorrows update. I want to know more about Forge.

I want to know about the Warzone tweaks and major Arena changes.

I want it all nooooowwwww.

haha look guys /r/halo is doing that super funny meme where they misspell the community manager's name on purpose! such hooligans! 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Depths has to have Timmy the Space Whale in it. Just has to.

EDIT: or better yet, maybe have him as an actual Forge piece.

Timmy the Space Whale has been in the game for a long time.

51fYdeH.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea, I knew that. I meant like the actual whale that swims around the outskirts of Fathom rather than the toy Timmy Whale. Probably not very likely, but it would be cool.to have 

This is Frankie being a snarky asshole and dismissing us though, right? Or am I reading it wrong?

HX3I7qs.png

context

• Upvote (+1) 1

So two forge canvases. Barren and Depths. Barren is the desert one we've seen. Depths was sneakily shown in this picture below, and looks to be UNDERWATER. Tom French is love, Tom french is life.

custombrowser-8202a31822a44b22838e0ec5c2

Looks like no custom server name. Would be cool if you could name your custom lobby.

Something like

'1th and Only Team Beyond Halo 5 Evolved Customs'

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looks like no custom server name. Would be cool if you could name your custom lobby.

Something like

Maybe it will show the gametype name so you can just make a map/gametype set with whatever name you want to be on the lobby.

Why can't i gift other REQ packs or gold packs purchased with RP?

We know players who have amassed massive stockpiles of RP would love nothing more than to help spread that love amongst their friends but after reviews with the Xbox Live Enforcement Team, studying examples of similar systems in the wild and consulting a variety of experts, concerns over a multitude of potential scams and exploits led to the decision to limit this new feature to real-money transactions only. Further, Gold Pack Gifting is only available to players once they’ve reached Spartan Rank 5 or greater in Halo 5: Guardians.

I don't get it. They suspect there will be tons of abuse and scamming with these REQ gifts, so they deciced to only allow them to be bought with real money and not in-game REQ points. Wut?

I don't get it. They suspect there will be tons of abuse and scamming with these REQ gifts, so they deciced to only allow them to be bought with real money and not in-game REQ points. Wut?

I think the main issue on their end is someone who has millions of REQ points saved up just gifting a shit ton of packs to others and skipping the grind essentially.

I think the main issue on their end is someone who has millions of REQ points saved up just gifting a shit ton of packs to others and skipping the grind essentially.

Close, but the actual issue is people using said system to profit. If you could gift people REQ packs with Req Points, people who already have everything would start selling REQ packs at a discounted price

• Upvote (+1) 3

Something like

Yes, I was just thinking that. That's actually pretty disappointing.

Close, but the actual issue is people using said system to profit. If you could gift people REQ packs with Req Points, people who already have everything would start selling REQ packs at a discounted price

Ya, this is what i took away from it. Req point farming for cash.

2 small things I found interesting from the GAF thread. 1) Frankie, whether serious or sarcastic acknowledged the aiming issues. 2) Both Frankie and Tashi were responding to Zeus the Dino on GAF. I'm not sure 100% why Zeus was banned here, but wasn't it because he had a lot of either sarcastic or negative posts directed towards 343?

I'm sure they aren't aware but I thought that was funny.

• Upvote (+1) 1