CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Soon.

That cut deep bro.

Alls I know, is I really hope I can find an evolved custom going on Halo 5 Forge.   :prayers:

And that bookmark bug is fixed  :prayers:

And that aiming with mouse fell better  :prayers:

And that there is a feild of view slider  :prayers:

And that they unlocked FPS  :prayers:

And that they added a in lobby chat  :prayers:

Amen

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is not me trying to be a pessimist or anything but I can definitely see why people are curious as to why there isn't that much excitement over the server browser. To be honest.. I have lost almost all drive to even turn Halo 5 on. Maybe it's just the act of loading the game, seeing the menu, hearing the theme, and instantly associating those senses with having a terrible, frustrating experience.

It's sad because having a server browser is something that we should be looking forward to. I really hope this stimulates a massive surge of players to enjoy the game how they think it's meant to be played. Instead of just a frustrating matchmaking experience.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know people always get up in arms about delaying anything, but honestly I feel releasing the H5:Forge so far ahead of the server browser did more harm than good.  Sure, forging might be easier so we see some better content created leading up to the server browser release, but I really believe that the hype for that would have been through the roof if the two would have launched at the same time.  Anecdotal, but I know of basically zero people who've been playing H5:Forge on any consistent basis since it dropped.  I'm just hoping the buzz isn't totally dead and the PC crowd jumps back on it post Thursday.

EDIT: Removed double negative

• Upvote (+1) 3

Inb4 you can only pick slayer-strogholds-ctf as gametypes, can't modify number of players (restricted to 4v4), maps are random and can't ban anyone from the server.

Inb4 you can only pick slayer-strogholds-ctf as gametypes, can't modify number of players (restricted to 4v4), maps are random and can't ban anyone from the server.

sUWvC8V.png

We'll see. The file browser blew me away and was much more than I was expecting.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have to admit that I'm finding all of these comments on r/halo about the possible changes coming in the update to be pretty hilarious. "But what do I do if *I* like splinter grenades???"

If not being able to use as many splinter grenades on maps is your biggest worry as a Halo fan, I truly envy you.

But even though it is amusing to see them squirm, I don't want the casual player base to suffer. There's no need for it. They don't give a single fuck about competitive Halo, so ~don't~ shove it down their throats. Give them what they want and what we want. Separate the settings. Please.

• Upvote (+1) 8

sUWvC8V.png

We'll see. The file browser blew me away and was much more than I was expecting.

I hope so, I say this mostly because of how bf1 ones work. With the fixed aiming thing I may install it in my little brother's xbox.

@@ske7ch, if you want to do something that will immediately get you miles on the good side of this forum, find out what they did to the aiming system (the way the reticule moves/behaves when you use the right analog) between the beta and the final release. 

This is the #1 reason I can't play Halo 5. 

You will be treated like a golden god. 

Same.

The fact that the PC version has such terrible mouse control can't be a coincidence either. Not to mention that the aiming "fix" on console is happening at the same time as the "fixed" mouse controls. Makes you wonder just what the fuck they did to it to mess it up so badly. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

sUWvC8V.png

Even I'll admit, that's a pretty promising statement. Makes me wonder how map filtering would work. For instance, if there's an option for default maps and/or forge maps (or do we have to select a map by map basis... And if that's the case would we have to select the forge map templates? :thinking:). Also makes me wonder if there is an identifier for default maps that have forge changes to it.

i.e. Slayer - Coliseum* or something along those lines.

This is just me brainstorming on something I would personally implement, but that's just me. Hopefully it comes out great.

Even I'll admit, that's a pretty promising statement. Makes me wonder how map filtering would work. For instance, if there's an option for default maps and/or forge maps (or do we have to select a map by map basis... And if that's the case would we have to select the forge map templates? :thinking:). Also makes me wonder if there is an identifier for default maps that have forge changes to it.

i.e. Slayer - Coliseum* or something along those lines.

This is just me brainstorming on something I would personally implement, but that's just me. Hopefully it comes out great.

Hopefully we see the customs browser today in the reveal. 

Hopefully we see the customs browser today in the reveal. 

Is it going to be stream or just a bulletin on waypoint? I'll be honest I have not been paying attention to Halo 5 lately.

Is it going to be stream or just a bulletin on waypoint? I'll be honest I have not been paying attention to Halo 5 lately.

No stream. Just a blog post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://m.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5gtv0y/comment/dauzc91

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. He doesn't even know that you can already tell if someone is above or below you via radar lmfao

"That wouldn't make much sense unless the gametype is swat. Radar has always been a necessary tool in Halo and to take it out of the MLG tourneys would not work. Would be fun to see of course."

yeah this is why I never go to reddit

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't seem to be a major issue, you'd have to be jumping around like a frog on crack in a normal match for that to happen.

Lol, you'd really be surprised then, one of the best parts about this game for me is going mad with movement variations.

>argue with someone about a game mechanic being removed on Waypoint or r/halo

>"Halo needs this because you finally feel like a Spartan"

Every fucking time.

They didn't feel like a Spartan, if though they could jump 8 feet high, while shooting, and had power armour on?

Marines don't sprint in the games, they should be able to sprint as well. Why don't they sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On today's episode on "Shit Reddit Says"

2v2 is not "real" Halo CE

In regards to MCC

"Yeah I just want them to fix the damn MP network in the game and add a real fucking H1 playlist.. not some bullshit 2v2 garbage. I got pissed when I picked up Halo MCC that I couldn't even play it.. then got super pissed since I was pumped to fire up some old halo 1 MP (on live, not xbox connect like we had to back in the day) and boom 2v2 is the only PList.. are you serious!"

• Upvote (+1) 2