CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Good question

Meh, don't agree with the shooters generalization. There are quite a few titles, like Splatoon for example, that were great but wouldn't benefit much if at all from being on PC. Though I would agree with that sentiment for an overwhelming majority of shooters. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Magnetism is bananas with it. You can't miss.

I figured as much. Almost went on a frenzy the minute I picked it up. Thought the sound of the weapon was having some kind of placebo effect on my shooting skill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hated the beta too. Disliked it enough to where it convinced me not to buy the game, despite the fact that I really enjoyed Titanfall 1.

What changed from the beta to the final product?

I wss the same way. Titanfall 1 literally perfected the balance of everything first try. Played the beta and there were a lot of things I hated about it.

Kill times were insanely quick which contrasted the longer kill times in tf1. Made every gun feel the same. Movement speed was a lot slower. Titans not having recharging shields is really, REALLY stupid.

The final game they almost doubled the kill times so it's on par with Titanfall 1. Movement speed buffed 10% I believe and the grappling hook might be one of the best things I've ever used in a video game. Titans health wss balanced a bit better.

There's definitely some balance issues still, the Tone titan class is OP. "Kill steaks" in amped weapons and ticks and other stupid shit. Battery system is better than I thought it would be but I still prefer tf1's shields. Maps are all really average. Sonar knives are fucking ********.

I talked mad shit on the game since launch to my buddy who plays in, told him it was a worse Titanfall 1 in every way and deserved to fail. Bought it two days ago for $30 since I refunded cod and I'd be lying if I didn't admit my opinion 180'd. The game is just flat out fun. It has it's problems but if they support it half as well as they did tf1 it'll be in an awesome place.

Also all the DLC is free and there's tons of camos, even for the titans. I think everyone should go support it, it didn't sell well

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm not surprised Josh left - he's passionate about games and was probably ready for something new. I can respect that. I wouldn't be surprised if he joined up with Brian Lemon, Kevin Franklin, and Walshy at Firststrike Games.

I can't really tell you much about Chris Lee. I knew him pretty well, but never really worked with him in a professional capacity. All I can say is that he's hilarious, incredibly approachable, and undoubtedly passionate. How that will translate to the Halo community... I have no idea. 

do you have anything bad to say about anyone? Or was it all pixies and butterflies?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

do you have anything bad to say about anyone? Or was it all pixies and butterflies?

I'm gonna guess all pixies and butterflies with absolutely no NDA influence on his opinion whatsoever.

343 rly duz care guize!!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I don't get the sens issue in this game. One day it feels great, the next is slow as a snail. I had to go up to 5-2 with 3% inner to feel smooth again.

I don't get the sens issue in this game. One day it feels great, the next is slow as a snail. I had to go up to 5-2 with 3% inner to feel smooth again.

The aiming/sensitivity issue in this game sucks. I am forced to change my sens almost every other game on days where the servers are particularly bad. Feelsbadman

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's called exponential ramp, and you are completely out of your mind if you prefer that to dual-zone.

lol, i must be out of my mind then.  thanks for pointing that out. :kappa:

I don't need any aiming system that suddenly changes my sensitivity for me.  I chose what i want for a reason.  Their "Ramp" is a little jacked and should be smoother, but it's better than a sudden flip-flop of my sens and acceleration near the end of stick deflection, and still better than H5 (for me).

• Upvote (+1) 2

But why would you play Overwatch on any platform other than PC? 

Either because they don't have a PC that could run it, because they want to play with friends and those friends aren't on PC, because they find playing on console more comfortable or because they prefer controller over mouse and keyboard. Quite a myriad of reasons really.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Of course. I can't stand Che and my boss after bsangel left was the biggest dick on earth, but none of that is relevant to any discussions I've had on here so there's been no reason for me to bring it up. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Of course. I can't stand Che and my boss after bsangel left was the biggest dick on earth, but none of that is relevant to any discussions I've had on here so there's been no reason for me to bring it up.

Is Frankie a douche IRL?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Is Frankie a douche IRL?

He's like any person, especially a 'famous' one. He was always nice and welcoming to me, but I've seen him frustrated. I wouldn't call him a douche though. 

He's like any person, especially a 'famous' one. He was always nice and welcoming to me, but I've seen him frustrated. I wouldn't call him a douche though. 

I had read some past employee reviews of 343i on this website that I can't remember, and a lot of them mentioned that there were a lot of "cliques" and inner circles at 343i... any truth to that?

I had read some past employee reviews of 343i on this website that I can't remember, and a lot of them mentioned that there were a lot of "cliques" and inner circles at 343i... any truth to that?

Not saying it's incorrect in general, but I didn't experience anything like that personally.

this can be a thing at any job. I work at a grocery store and as far as I'm concerned the grocery night crew is the enemy.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Here's a little tip for anyone who uses The Accessories App to modify their controller layout, or who users Bumper Jumper over Helljumper simply because they want to be able to jump comfortably while aiming in:

There are two different behaviors of the zoom function, [RS-click] this makes your zoom slightly more sluggish, but it toggles. Meaning you can stay zoomed in while not having to hold down the stick. Then there's [LT], it's much more swift than it's counterpart, but you must hold down the button if you want to remain zoomed in.

So here's the tip, the zoom function that you experience is based upon your button layout in Halo 5, not the accessories app. Meaning, you could set your controller layout to Bumper Jumper to have your zoom behave as if you're using the [RS-click], then you can modify it in the accessories app to make yourself zoom with [LT].

This makes your zoom feel more natural as your using the left trigger, but it also toggles as it does with the Right Stick click because that's what Halo 5 reads as your controller layout.

I hope that makes sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Using LT to aim just feels so wrong in Halo, idk what it is. It feels fine for CoD etc, but for Halo? It makes me sad even thinking about it. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Using LT to aim just feels so wrong in Halo, idk what it is. It feels fine for CoD etc, but for Halo? It makes me sad even thinking about it. 

I'd say that in the very least it's very appropriate for Halo 5.

I'd say that in the very least it's very appropriate for Halo 5.

Yes I agree, it helps me with sniping as when I click the right stick it kinda throws off my aim, but using the left trigger is more fluid..

But this is just for halo 5

LT in Halo is for grenades. Period.

There's just something about knowing that you can make a tiny adjustment to your throw during the pull of the trigger, before it actuates, that makes Halo grenades feel really good for me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Borrowed Halo from a mate as I really felt like playing it recently. Played 2 games and took it back.

Going for COD MWR to this, felt horrible!!

Just down to the aiming and nothing else.

• Upvote (+1) 3