CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Hey, I previous posted my detailed Sprint Survey and I just created a Smart Scope survey to leave detailed feedback about the Beta. Just want to point out that you guys are getting beat out by people on r/Halo who love sprint and smart scope so I hope more of you guys will participate.

also would be awesome if these could be pinned...

Nice. I find this rather interesting, but not surprising. When will you post the results?

If I had a dollar for every time I or someone else used thruster pack to get out of bad positioning or overextending I'd be a f*cking billionaire. An even noobier addition than sprint in my opinion.

I'm playing from Hong Kong.. Going back to Canada soon.. Going to be an interesting change of experience..

But this rank is pubstomp and montage galore.. Playing like shit to get bronze, or iron..then pubstomp and barely move up the ranks.

So I've been playing a lot and I'm starting to like it a lot.

-Take out Sprint, then speed up movement, if it's 100% speed movement rite now then move it up to like 125 maybe even 130.
-Scoping on weapons like the sniper is really slow and the scope itself is really hard to see. Needs to be easier on the eyes and a bigger field of view when scoped in. That goes for most of the weapons.

-The time from when you switch weapons and are able to shoot again is really slow, needs to be faster.
-Take out ground pound, sliding, they're kinda pointless, and just ruin the potential for what this game can be.
- I like thruster pack, it suites this game.

-Take out flinch and recoil, it doesn't make the game more skillful and it doesn't feel good even if you've mastered shooting with flinch. It just makes shooting feel really sloppy even if you hit a perfect 4 shot. 
- I'm 50/50 on scope floating, I like it but I'm just one of those Classic players that loves older halo's. Scope floating isn't too bad though, it's easier to get shot at and it doesn't really break anything, jumping and shooting is pretty easy anyway.
-Make more maps like the Midship Remake for this game, again it suites this game really well. The map with the 2 snipers kinda sucks.
-Add BXR <3 hehe There is not a lot of close range in this game and BXR would make this game lovely. (It's worth a try)
-Sword is really OP but if you take out sprint it seems a lot better.
-The BR could look and sound a lot better, goes for most of the weapons especially the toaster looking sniper, it shouldn't take up half my screen, make the sniper long and skinny and a little harder to use. You make the sniper bigger to give you less field of veiw on the screen I understand that but it would be better if it was just harder and didn't take up so much of the screen. Kinda like the Halo 2 sniper but the skill of the Halo 3 sniper.
-Take out climbing, make jumping higher and bring back jump crouching by taking out ground pound. Jump crouching to get on a high ledge is more of a skill gap and it's faster than the climbing which make for better potential playmaking.
-Nerf the AR and make the BR kill time faster, keep it a 4 shot but make it shoot faster. It's too slow for how fast paced the gameplay is.
-Take out that thrust melee thing, it's way to fucking op one hit kill melee just cus you thrust is so broken.
-Give us the option to turn off the announcer and extra medals like "last shot", "first kill", "enemy half way to victory". All of that is really unnecessary and distracting.

The perfect movement for this game would be take out Sprint, exchange it for faster movement, up to 125-130 if it's 100 rite now. Take out ground pound, climbing, sliding, thrust melee. Bring back jump crouching.

the sniper scope is like looking through the mail slot on your door to see if the mail man is bringing your newspaper.

that thing is so tiny i avoid scoping. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Which proves the point that it sucks even more. Why the hell should yours open instantly and mine not?

the next gen consoles as a whole have been pretty meh to me since they've come out. If it wasn't for Batman, Kingdom Hearts, and H5 I wouldn't have bought it.

The game is actually pretty fun, but it's not Halo.  Grenades are stupid OP.  Take out sprint and make thruster displacement shorter and its almost Halo.  Can't wait to make my feedback post and tear into this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree completely. The fact that the friends menu takes 5-20 seconds to load is a joke. Then messages take another 5-20 seconds. Then opening up a message takes another 5-20 seconds.

Even on my friends Fibre internet it's definitely quicker, but still so much slower than the 360.

Gives a whole new meaning to validation testing the game on the platform - to make sure the platform doesn't break the game.

@@Goat, I am done with Halo. I want to change that, but 343 hasn't stepped up to the plate with anything meaningful. I don't want to buy an XB1 at this point. My son told me he wanted to buy either an XB1 or PS4. I strongly advised PS4 for a number of reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we please ban all people who voted 'Yes' for the Sprint question in the Poll?
Just looked at who voted Yes, and Goldenboy and Chig did... CMON GUYS

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't understand this game. I consider myself decent at halo games. I try playing this game like halo and I fail so hard... Lol "adapt" right???

I actually found it pretty easy. People just sprint into their deaths. It's like one big cluster fuck, just take your time. I've been going like 28-5 most games and I hardley use sprint unless the other team has 3 to 4 dead then I'm sprinting into their spawn

Maybe they could implement a similar system to LoL's ranks to where no matter how well you do in placements you cant place above a certain rank, like Gold III, so people have to earn the high ranks instead of just getting placed there.

I think this would be a really good addition, because if luck is determining some of the players who happened get into onyx/semi pro and only won 5/10 this would really put an even field for those ranking all the way up to pro. I feel like it's a bit of grind going from gold to pro even if you're winning every single game by 40 kills it just gets boring :/.

"This is our vision for the future of Halo"

1docmarty.jpg

It's Halo, Marty, something has got to be done about Halo

• Upvote (+1) 2

sure there is. they would be easier to aim.

like another has said, it's easier to aim.

and they should give longer melee/melee damage. 

there. 

Wouldn't you rather someone choose to use a precise weapon with a faster kill time over an automatic with a faster kill time with less skill aim?

I'm just finding the automatics especially the assault rifles way too over powered compared to the precision weapons.

Then make them harder to aim while retaining their high damage. The last thing this game needs is nerfs. We finally get a good set of automatics, and everyone wants them to be useless so we can just have the BR-centric gameplay we've had since H2.

That's at close range, though. The problem in H5 is that automatics are almost preferable to precision weapons at mid range, which isn't where automatics should live.

This could easily be fixed by making hipfire accuracy a lot less accurate on autos, to punish those getting descoped.

If you make it actually hard to land shots with a precision weapon, it doesn't matter if that AR kills slightly slower, it's easier to use so its gonna have a lower average killtime than the theoretically faster precisions, thus making it the preferred choice for CQC without making precisions useless in CQC.

Of course, the key is making it hard to land shots with the precision weapon.  Which isn't something I can say of most Halos.

In doing that, you make weapons that just become worthless once you become proficient in aiming. That's bad, we don't need useless surplus.

Maybe we should all wait until we get BR or DMR starts before judging the autos so harshly; I know as well as you do that AR/Magnum starts will never be in the competitive settings, and I'm curious to see how the AR works as a pickup. Everyone is using it because they don't spawn with a BR, and the Magnum isn't as good as it can be. It doesn't help that Empire is a very cramped map, with a limited amount of long sight lines.

Already derankers in the game. Played an Iron 1 with a 3 for 1 K/D. Had close to a thousand kills so it wasn't the placement system. Also, you can say goodbye to your rank playing by yourself. Probably about the same as H4's matching system right now.

Then make them harder to aim while retaining their high damage. The last thing this game needs is nerfs. We finally get a good set of automatics, and everyone wants them to be useless so we can just have the BR-centric gameplay we've had since H2.

we have shitty precision weapons now tho. 

Already derankers in the game. Played an Iron 1 with a 3 for 1 K/D. Also, you can say goodbye to your rank playing by yourself. Probably about the same as H4's matching system right now.

I'd say the ranking system is perfect, just gonna take a while too iron everything out.

Playing on your own is never a good thing in any halo team game when ranked..

I'm gold 2 with a 10.0 k/d for fucks sake, not fazed tho.

we have shitty precision weapons now tho. 

Not really. On Truth, the DMR is invaluable, and the BR/DMR still have the edge at medium range. As long as you're not missing shots.

• Upvote (+1) 1