CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Why honor someone who was such pro sprint? He didn't even take the forum polls seriously when people voted here. Very dismissive when he replied on twitter about the results.

He convinced me to buy Halo 5, so that's one. Secondly, I don't care what you think of his design decisions, he was willing to come here and talk about why they made decisions they did, he was open about expressing design decisions. Third, on his own volition he helped support Beach LAN. He wasn't a community manager, it's not his job to help out with community driven tournaments, but he helped out financially out of his own pocket and also helped out by getting Astro headsets to give away.

Of course he's not going to take the forum polls seriously. That's like going to Reddit and asking if they like Warzone, you can already guess the answer. But there's a userbase outside of this site that he also needs to make a game for, and a lot of them don't care about sprint.

If nothing else, respect the fact that he talked with us and supported the competitive scene of older games even though he's not paid to do either.

• Upvote (+1) 8

*looks at sig*

Yup @@Sal1ent was such a gem to the community lol...

All it ever was, was something something immersion something it's expected etc etc.

And Halo 6 was already a lost cause, this changes nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Josh was a cool guy. Its disappointing that his views of a great game didnt intertwine with good halo. Maybe this will help push halo in a better direction or maybe it wont. I dont think halo was getting anywhere with josh.

That one immersion line will haunt me forever

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What bugs me with all the people leaving 343 is that they are all people that had control over the competitive Multiplayer and it's sandbox. Halo 5 Arena was by no means very close to a classic game, but it was much more classic than Halo 4. I am scared that all those people being thrown out of 343 are being thrown out because (I think) Warzone is doing much better than Arena, and because of that there won't be a push for Arena in Halo 6 at all. 

If there is one person I am pretty sure does not belong up in the ranks at 343 is Quinn Delhoyo. After seeing what he did to Gears of war Judgment, Halo 6 has to do a 180 turn from Halo 5 if he wants to get my respect back. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

is there any input lag between using a wireless controller over a wired one?

Wired will always be as fast or faster than wireless, so save yourself the batteries.

Quinn needs to go ASAP I'd be willing to bet that he's one of the main reasons why Halo 5 is the way it is right now and he's probably the reason we have this unified settings garbage.

Also the way he acts on twitter is ridiculously unprofessional when people come to him feedback/criticism he will respond with sarcasm or some snarky remark that shit shouldn't be tolerated by a game developer interacting with the community.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Josh Holmes leaves and is replaced by the guy that headed up H4 and H5......

Just another article where I got slightly excited followed by just being let down. 

Wait, so who replaced Josh Holmes? 

It is always the little things that make a big difference in games like halo. Playing the "anniversary" playlist is a constant reminder of all the little things that have changed for the worse over the years. You can't back back reload when you pickup the rockets. The hit-scan pistol. No Quick Camo or nade tricks etc. 

I'd argue Frankie is more active, but maybe thats because I like to read GAF more. 

In terms of actually having meaningful discussion about Halo. Frankie does that very little.

• Upvote (+1) 9

It is always the little things that make a big difference in games like halo. Playing the "anniversary" playlist is a constant reminder of all the little things that have changed for the worse over the years. You can't back back reload when you pickup the rockets. The hit-scan pistol. No Quick Camo or nade tricks etc.

None of those things were intended to be in the original game
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

is there any input lag between using a wireless controller over a wired one?

No, there is no difference. All data transfers over wireless on Xbox One. The speed is adequate too. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

No, there is no difference. All data transfers over wireless on Xbox One. The speed is adequate too.

What?

If you use a wire to make your controller connect to your console, it functions exactly like a wired controller from the 360.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They should've been is the point.

He convinced me to buy Halo 5, so that's one. Secondly, I don't care what you think of his design decisions, he was willing to come here and talk about why they made decisions they did, he was open about expressing design decisions. Third, on his own volition he helped support Beach LAN. He wasn't a community manager, it's not his job to help out with community driven tournaments, but he helped out financially out of his own pocket and also helped out by getting Astro headsets to give away.

Of course he's not going to take the forum polls seriously. That's like going to Reddit and asking if they like Warzone, you can already guess the answer. But there's a userbase outside of this site that he also needs to make a game for, and a lot of them don't care about sprint.

If nothing else, respect the fact that he talked with us and supported the competitive scene of older games even though he's not paid to do either.

He seemed like a good guy. Ultimately though what's most important to me is his design decisions and I personally believe that they were incredibly detrimental to Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Missed this, but Quick Camo was meant to be in H1. It was removed in H2.

• Upvote (+1) 4

wow i didn't know that, great to hear kevin franklin left, lead designer of infinity settings, warzone and breakout? good riddance. 

According to Holmes, he had very little input on Breakout except for the original idea.

But yeah, I'm sure he's a stellar dude but he didn't know what made Halo good.

• Upvote (+1) 1