CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Whoa whoa, that's way too much sarcasm toward legitimate posts, you might want to qualify that with how people keep posting because the series they loved for so long is being run into the ground. 

posting in the Halo 5 thread is definitely going to turn that around, yeah ... maybe post in the "I regularly masturbate to H1 LAN VoD" thread?  It would really be great if we could quarantine all the whiners somewhere else but I guess every sane person has abandoned this thread a long time ago, which is why there's just the same 20 people posting about how terrible everything is  :thinking: 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 18

posting in the Halo 5 thread is definitely going to turn that around, yeah ... maybe post in the "I regularly masturbate to H1 LAN VoD" thread?  It would really be great if we could quarantine all the whiners somewhere else but I guess every sane person has abandoned this thread a long time ago, which is why there's just the same 20 people posting about how terrible everything is  :thinking: 

Maybe we should start a "I regularly masturbate to trash games" thread? Sorry not sorry that I call games out on bullshit because I have standards. Hell, H5 is an okay game, but it's not Halo. Nothing will change anything if no one says anything. I guess you just love playing Halo: CoD 15 so much you can't understand.

• Upvote (+1) 9

As opposed to the 20 people still playing this game as if it's still relevant and hasn't gotten worse every single month since launch? Truly, how sane that is. Maybe if you pretend everything is fine, they'll actually fix their products and stop putting out shit content that they cut from the game so they could "sustain" with it later.

​Probably not, though.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Maybe we should start a "I regularly masturbate to trash games" thread? Sorry not sorry that I call games out on bullshit because I have standards. Hell, H5 is an okay game, but it's not Halo. Nothing will change anything if no one says anything. I guess you just love playing Halo: CoD 15 so much you can't understand.

look, of course H5 has problems, but literally 12 months of shitposting and complaining in this thread has completely destroyed any meaningful discussion ... every other post is "I'm quitting this game" or "fuck 343" etc. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

look, of course H5 has problems, but literally 12 months of shitposting and complaining in this thread has completely destroyed any meaningful discussion ... every other post is "I'm quitting this game" or "fuck 343" etc. 

In the last month you're the only one to put those words together. The people left are either in for the long haul, or really really want a good game to come out of this. If you enjoy generic spacey shooter 37, good for you. But if something says Halo on the box, and doesn't play like Halo, then I reserve the right to say it's bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

We have you here to balance the scales.  it's all good bro.  No need for self pleasuring. 

Yesterday in the throwback playlist i went something like 22-5, 3ing people across the fucking map.  That pistol is so easy, its really not fun to play.

On Hang em' High, it's so easy that it's laughable. You can just sit up top and pick everyone off across the map.

I can somewhat enjoy the playlist since it's different than the standard H5 Arena, but the point still stands that it's supposed to be a throwback playlist and 343 screwed it up as usual.

I don't.

Holding the trigger was fine in the campaign anyways. It only made it random in the campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On Hang em' High, it's so easy that it's laughable. You can just sit up top and pick everyone off across the map.

To be fair, you can do the same in C.E. too. Especially when playing people that suck. Not as easily, but you can 3sk across map all day in C.E hang'em too.

Which is all I encountered yesterday while playing the throwback playlist:  People who suck. Like really bad.

I'm not even all that good, but I have nearly a 2.5 kd ratio.

It felt like I was playing MCC team slayer and I got matched up against a bunch of people voting for Halo 4 or Halo 3, but instead got Halo C.E.  

I'm sure if people were matching up against worthy opponents, people might not be complaining about ease of use of the pistol, AS MUCH. 

I'm not saying the "Halo 1 Pistol" in H5 doesn't need work, because oh boy it does. I'm saying the feeling that it's too easy to use is just compounded when you are playing people who don't know the maps and weapon they are dealing with. 

Still way better than default H5 IMO.

Just because you scroll past all the long post doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Did you just assume his post length preference?

DISGUSTING PERSON! How dare you. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be fair, you can do the same in C.E. too. Especially when playing people that suck. Not as easily, but you can 3sk across map all day in C.E hang'em too.

Which is all I encountered yesterday while playing the throwback playlist:  People who suck. Like really bad.

I'm not even all that good, but I have nearly a 2.5 kd ratio.. 

Yeah, I know people can do that in the original, but for this it's felt like I didn't even have to try. You're right that facing easy opponents does make that feeling worse. If it's using the current social system, then it will probably take some games before you start seeing decent people every now and then. I only had one game so far against pretty decent people.

FUCK H5, storm rifle makes you one shot in under a second.

61vRuYg.jpg

LsAqv3X.jpg

NOTICE THE TIME IS STILL 0:16 IN BOTH PICS

How do kids not think this is COD now? It's got COD killtimes

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 9

FUCK H5, storm rifle makes you one shot in under a second.

NOTICE THE TIME IS STILL 0:16 IN BOTH PICS

How do kids not think this is COD now? It's got COD killtimes

Almost every weapon since Halo CE can one-shot you in less than a second.

Almost every weapon since Halo CE can one-shot you in less than a second.

lol bullshit

https://youtu.be/VkQ5sPQZUbw?t=35s

I know its H3 but still, definitely not anywhere as fast as storm rifle or any H5 kill time. Every H5 weapons TTK is unreal

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

posting in the Halo 5 thread is definitely going to turn that around, yeah ... maybe post in the "I regularly masturbate to H1 LAN VoD" thread? It would really be great if we could quarantine all the whiners somewhere else but I guess every sane person has abandoned this thread a long time ago, which is why there's just the same 20 people posting about how terrible everything is :thinking:

Whining about 'whiners' and then pretending you're not a part of any problem.

Instant classic.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I love the faster kill times in H5 compared to H2/3. The autos kill way too fast, the magnum could use a faster kill time however to compensate. I'm fine with having stronger autos, but the utility actually has to BE a utility.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Okay so after playing a ton of anniversary playlist and then going back to arena I'm almost 100% positive that the CE pistol is harder to use compared to the normal magnum. I could just be delusional tho. It feels like the redicule sticks more to the opponent with the normal magnum idk

Probably the only good thing about the "throw back" playlist is that the Pistol is actually capable of putting the overpowered automatic guns in this game in there place unlike the default magnum.

You know like a utility weapon is supposed to do now if only the gun was...projectile instead of hitscan.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Probably the only good thing about the "throw back" playlist is that the Pistol is actually capable of putting the overpowered automatic guns in this game in there place unlike the default magnum.

You know like a utility weapon is supposed to do now if only the gun was...projectile instead of hitscan.

This is true. I've only ever used my AR to cleanup. While I don't think that is the only thing the Assualt Rifle should do, I perfer it this way instead of just spraying and hoping things work out.