CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The playlist isn't meant to replicate Halo 1.. It's just a fun combo of Halo 5 and Halo 1 on Halo 1 maps. I'm enjoying it for what it is.

Same, tbh. It's super fun for what it is. Nullifies almost every single issue I had with Halo 5's abilities, because of how quickly you can kill, even if it is easy. It's just so much less frustrating.

Same, tbh. It's super fun for what it is. Nullifies almost every single issue I had with Halo 5's abilities, because of how quickly you can kill, even if it is easy. It's just so much less frustrating.

I actually find CE maps much less enjoyable because of them, Dammy is dumb with the ability to drop and ground pound from any height

I actually find CE maps much less enjoyable because of them, Dammy is dumb with the ability to drop and ground pound from any height

Halo: its evolved!

tumblr_lpqoy3dlHW1qlr140o1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

Same could be said for every single other precision weapon in the game.

The CE Pistol is far more powerful than any others.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pretty much, but people have their monthly quota of complaining to fulfill.

Maybe if 343 stopped making it soo easy to complain with their stupid ass decision making, my quota wouldn't be overflowing on a daily basis.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I wasn't talking about power. Just ease of use, which was the main driver of his original post. 

CE Pistol is still easier than all of Halo 5's weapons combined :P

• Upvote (+1) 4

Grenade launcher coming in the next update. Of course... it will be "soon". I know we've expected it, but there's the confirmation.

Holding it off just to add, "longevity" to the game's lifespan.

I'm glad it's called the Halo "One" Pistol because it is nothing like the actual CE magnum.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I reinstalled Halo 5 just to play the Anniversary Throwback playlist. I haven't played Halo in probably in month or something I don't even know. All that stuck out to me was that the aim is still shit, that this game had massive potential, and that we finally have post game medals. Honestly the Anni playlist isn't what everyone hoped for most likely but its still better than normal arena shit. 

Meh, realistically Halo 6 isn't going to do good but at least I feel like I got the Halo game I payed for now.

The playlist isn't meant to replicate Halo 1.. It's just a fun combo of Halo 5 and Halo 1 on Halo 1 maps. I'm enjoying it for what it is.

exactly, wtf guys ... it's a silly social playlist meant to celebrate the 15th anniversary of H1, not provide an exact replication of H1 gameplay (which I can just play on MCC, so ...?).  having a proper classic playlist is an entirely separate request/project, ideally it would be a mix of classic H1/H2/H3 gametypes in a permanent playlist

plus I love how much easier it is to get to the sniper on HEH ... man.  just sprint, thrust, clamber from the corner of top blue / top red and you can get that thing in like 4 seconds

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 10

exactly, wtf guys ... it's a silly social playlist meant to celebrate the 15th anniversary of H1, not provide an exact replication of H1 gameplay (which I can just play on MCC, so ...?). having a proper classic playlist is an entirely separate request/project, ideally it would be a mix of classic H1/H2/H3 gametypes in a permanent playlist

plus I love how much easier it is to get to the sniper on HEH ... man. just sprint, thrust, clamber from the corner of top blue / top red and you can get that thing in like 4 seconds

No
  • Upvote (+1) 2

H5's movement mechanics ruin H:CE's maps but I keep playing the Anni playlist because these are the first maps in H5 that look and feel like Halo maps. Even Viking has that dumb H5 Forerunner style, but these, even with the subtle redesign of Battle Creek and Chill Out, still seem untainted by 343's art direction.

So basically, plays like shit, feels like Halo. REAL Halo. I really can't stand to play on another 343 dev made map, so I'll keep coming back to this playlist, grin and bear the movement mechanics.

exactly, wtf guys ... it's a silly social playlist meant to celebrate the 15th anniversary of H1, not provide an exact replication of H1 gameplay (which I can just play on MCC, so ...?).  having a proper classic playlist is an entirely separate request/project, ideally it would be a mix of classic H1/H2/H3 gametypes in a permanent playlist

plus I love how much easier it is to get to the sniper on HEH ... man.  just sprint, thrust, clamber from the corner of top blue / top red and you can get that thing in like 4 seconds

Please point out anyone who was expecting an exact replication of H1 gameplay (which you cannot just play on MCC because it is fucking broken). The problem is that it's shit, not its similarity (or, rather, lack thereof) to real Halo. It took them no effort at all to switch the starting weapon to their bastardization of the M6D and grab a handful of community remakes for the "Anniversary."

​"I love how Halo 5's gimmicks break these maps. It completely fucks any sense of coherent map flow they had in the original game."

• Upvote (+1) 2

No.

Thanks for giving us Halo Rangers: Spartan Force. Good job.

• Upvote (+1) 5

After playing anniversary playlist I wish that CE pistol was the starting weapon. You actually have the tools to out play mulitple ppl with that gun and thrust. Its crazy to think that by adding that pistol it would create a skill gap.

After playing anniversary playlist I wish that CE pistol was the starting weapon. You actually have the tools to out play mulitple ppl with that gun and thrust. Its crazy to think that by adding that pistol it would create a skill gap.

Uhhhh.

With its ease of use? No thanks.

Funny that I still have not touched the Halo one pistol in h5, I uninstalled it before that update was out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was really hoping that the Halo One playlist wouldn't have radar.

Once again, 343 disappointed me.

Everything in halo 5 is easy to use

The CE Pistol is on its own level of easy to use.

• Upvote (+1) 2