CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Developers deny that shit that is actually happening all the time.

Master Chief Collection Release date

• November 11, 2014
17af59ea8f0594037369bec0593b37f2.png

So it's 110% happening. Now we just need all the stars in the universe to align so they do a good enough job...

This classic playlist is hilarious. Idk why I'm even surprised, it seems like they half-ass everything they do since MCC. If you're not going to do it right just don't bother.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Umm, when did Frankie become a credible source of information again? That dude has been lying straight for six years, see Xboxdigger's post for evidence.

No way in hell H3A isn't happening, there is too much easy money in it for microsoft. The only relevant questions are:

- Will it be an expansion for H5 like CEA was for Reach (unlikely since the game is pretty dead already and will surely be in a year)

- Will it be bundled with H6?

- Is there any truth to the rumors of an MCC re-launch with H3A? (again unlikely because 343 already sucessfully swept the MCC under the rug)

- Will it suck?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly. People can spend dozens, even hundreds of hours LITERALLY DOING THEIR JOB FOR THEM, and somehow they think slapping the H5 CE Pistol on vanilla H5 and playing on Forge remakes is even remotely a good idea. It's astounding. Honestly, I wish I could get a glimpse into whatever meeting or something spawned this monstrocity. Maybe a documentary.

The best rationale I've seen is that they're afraid that a playlist that actually resembles real Halo would make their vanilla game look bad. Beyond that, it's just completely nonsensical.

I honestly don't even know Arg, I seriously cannot wrap my mind around a single thing. Question man, in what shape or form, does slapping a "Halo One Pistol" on reimagined CE maps using sprint + thrust + slide + clamber + ground pound along with one of the easiest 3sk weapons in the entire sandbox resemble anything classic

Now this isn't an Evolved Settings plug or anything, but I fail to believe there is not one person who at least knows about the Evolved settings at 343 (actually if I'm not mistaken, when I was playing with Vetoed during his stream of the Evolved settings, I'm almost positive Unyshek was in there). This would have literally been a perfect opportunity to put everything @SMARTAN 427 worked so hard to create into fruition. The amount of positive feedback we've gotten over the span of creating those settings were astonishing, and I loved seeing comments on threads/videos with something along the lines of "Man.. If this were a playlist I'd play this ALL day." Yet, you walk into that halowaypoint thread, and even they are calling it stupid lol. 

Why 343 would miss this opportunity to bring back the fanbase they've neglected for this outrageous amount of time, is absolutely beyond me.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

I just can't imagine no H3A, the biggest Halo title ever and no real treatment like the first 2 titles?

They'll probaly do something like a free H3 map pack with fan favorites on Halo 5 multiplayer like they did with CEA with Reach. Problem is, no one wants that...at all. Game would be 2 years old by then and not a lot of people playing.

If Halo brand is relying on Halo Wars 2 to carry the Halo mantle until 2018 then we're screwed.

But again, we've heard no remakes for Halo in the past.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm skeptical of Frankie's claims about no H3A, but then on the other hand I buy them on the basis that it seems like a golden opportunity that they'll botch by passing it up. Most of you in here usually jump my case about being a H5 supporter, but even I'm growing disgruntled with the way things are going lately. I got so excited by the 15th anniversary events next week only for that to turn into disappointment with the classic playlist settings and seemingly end to H3A rumors.

For all of my love of H5, I don't think even the most fervent supporters of it will be able to carry through 2016 and 2017 with it. 

Edit: Also, what the heck does he mean by diminishing returns? Is he saying there wouldn't be a profit in making a H3A? Surely recent trends of remasters selling well disproves that.

I feel like a lot of it is familiarity and the community. 

And the fact that those 3 examples he gave don't really match Halo anyways

And the fact that those 3 examples he gave don't really match Halo anyways

I could spend 1000 words and an hour of my life telling you you're wrong, but at this point it's just not worth it.

I heard remakes have diminishing returns though

Yeah, when they are broken pieces of shit.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I heard remakes have diminishing returns though

UHa2ULZp4cUD-oCuKnbR3q_yndu_t1wTmzMHch20

No halo 5 anywhere on that list. But yeah that'll be your halo fps for the next two years...

Is Call of duty 4 more played than the newer COD game Infinitive warfare? 

For a time, in one region, at a certain time of day.

Unless we get raw numbers, that list doesn't mean anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, believe it's like that on all systems too.

For a time, in one region, at a certain time of day.

Unless we get raw numbers, that list doesn't mean anything.

Those lists are different for different regions?

Probably not anymore. You have to remember that it was sold with a $110 version of the game, probably less than 20% of the people that bought the game had this edition. It's still on #7 in Canada though.

yeah if you look it up in UK or USA is different.

You're right. IW is #1 and Battlefield is #2 with MWR being further down for me. I never placed much stock in those lists anyway, but it changing by region is interesting nevertheless.

Joining the uninstallation Team. I'm keeping forge and custom games on my pc but I am surgically removing That disaster from my Xbox. There is nothing to Look forward too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, yeah, I understand: 343 are out of touch, this is not what we wanted, adding SAs to a classic playlist is idiotic, and so on.

But why are people hating on the Halo One Pistol for its name? I agree, it's sounds ridiculous and even a bit rushed, but it's such a trivial detail. Besides, literally all of my friends who play Halo call it "the Halo 1 pistol". Maybe 343 were trying to base the name off the spoken word, not the written?

I'm guessing the name proves they don't care/respect the original game, or something of that sort.

That is the least of everyone's concerns. People poke fun at the name because in my 11 years of Halo forum use, I've never seen H1 referred to in print as Halo One. It just looks weird.

People are mad about the pistol because its a garbage weapon in this game, it's nothing like the original, and having it for a starting weapon will be dumb as shit.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Developers deny stuff that is actually happening all the time. 

Master Chief Collection Release date

•  November 11, 2014

17af59ea8f0594037369bec0593b37f2.png

At this point, I basically just assume Frankie is lying until I encounter any real evidence to the contrary.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The 3 shooters that came out in October, plus my recent completion of my REQ collection, has my interest in this game at an all time low.  I need goals to play for, and currently I don't have any.

Ranks aren't worth playing for because they're erased after each season, and the little detail of my ranked experience being miserable every time I trick myself into trying it again.

Level-capping isn't gonna happen. It's too much XP and it doesn't even look cool at all. Compare Inheritor to 152. Case closed.

You know what I really miss?  Playlist XP from H3.  That would keep me playing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That is the least of everyone's concerns. People poke fun at the name because in my 11 years of Halo forum use, I've never seen H1 referred to in print as Halo One. It just looks weird.

People are mad about the pistol because its a garbage weapon in this game, it's nothing like the original, and having it for a starting weapon will be dumb as shit.

You're definitely right about that: Halo 5's CE pistol is considerably more noob-friendly than the old version. Way too easy to aim with that thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1