CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think if you just put an on/off option in game it'd be fine. Not some custom ruleset for competitive thats separates the community from out of the box, just an option for each. If you wanna use em they're there, if you don't than turn it off. They're not overpowered all that much, if you like em or can use em well then cool, if you don't find them useful or would rather not use them and play old school, turn it off and be done with it.

Also the ground pound has been accidentally activating and getting me killed...

• Upvote (+1) 1

i need weapon icons to come back instead of just text when i walk over a weapon. find myself looking down to read what weapon it is. i would say move it to the upper right corner like past halos too.

This times 1000. I've died quite a few times trying to find a BR in a pile of weapons.

And thrusting now too, and yeah you can play S&D 2 ways very aggressive or very sneaky, or split the team up and do both. CoD will play with almost anything tho and be happy, thats why their scene is growing more and more lol. Halo will have an S&Dish game type soon, but with no shields. Take the risk if you want but I know I won't be sprinting much with no shields and 1 life. Either way I feel like this sprint has worked better in Halo than past iterations. If we can't have no sprint coupled with much faster movement speed, I won't cry while playing Halo this time at least, thats all I'm saying. 

That's not something I want to settle for, I'd play cod if that was the case. Unfortunately no matter what is said in this topic or anything on Waypoint/Reddit, sprint will remain in Halo 5 and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The more I play and tell myself I'm playing Titanfall, pilots only, the better I feel about this game in general. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

And thrusting now too, and yeah you can play S&D 2 ways very aggressive or very sneaky, or split the team up and do both. CoD will play with almost anything tho and be happy, thats why their scene is growing more and more lol. Halo will have an S&Dish game type soon, but with no shields. Take the risk if you want but I know I won't be sprinting much with no shields and 1 life. Either way I feel like this sprint has worked better in Halo than past iterations. If we can't have no sprint coupled with much faster movement speed, I won't cry while playing Halo this time at least, thats all I'm saying. 

Funny how you think you know the COD scene, it's actually the complete opposite. Pros are fighting the devs constantly to try and get the settings the way they want them. They aren't happy with "almost anything", not even close. Than again COD isn't having an identity crisis with devs who think they know what the community wants. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's not something I want to settle for, I'd play cod if that was the case. Unfortunately no matter what is said in this topic or anything on Waypoint/Reddit, sprint will remain in Halo 5 and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

CoD, SC, League, DOTA, they all have things they must settle for...Halo is definitely that spoiled kid that thinks everything should go his way for sure. We're the 4 year old demanding baby, we need to be the...well whatever age you stop doing that I guess. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Funny how you think you know the COD scene, it's actually the complete opposite. Pros are fighting the devs constantly to try and get the settings the way they want them. They aren't happy with "almost anything", not even close. Than again COD isn't having an identity crisis with devs who think they know what the community wants. 

I know they fight with them on stuff, this year it's cloak and stim, no one in CoD has ever liked or wanted flinch, the maps they use, the game types, I know the CoD scene very well actually. But Halo's is way worse because the very sensitive core gameplay has been changed...much like CoD if sprint was taken away...ud be like WTF?! Who knows tho, CoD is going into the future it seems with its time periods, and maybe they'll have shields soon enough. Then they'll have to deal with people escaping death as well:P

This is the second game 343i said has "Dedicated Servers" that laggy as hell.

lol what game are you playing. 6 hours in and I've had zero lag. It's smooth as fuck.

Don't blame 343 and maybe your shit internet aye.

• Upvote (+1) 8

This is the second game 343i said has "Dedicated Servers" that laggy as hell.

Hasn't been laggy at all for me so far 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The more I play and tell myself I'm playing Titanfall, pilots only, the better I feel about this game in general. 

the only thing these two games share are sprint and clamber.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I know they fight with them on stuff, this year it's cloak and stim, no one in CoD has ever liked or wanted flinch, the maps they use, the game types, I know the CoD scene very well actually. But Halo's is way worse because the very sensitive core gameplay has been changed...much like CoD if sprint was taken away...ud be like WTF?! Who knows tho, CoD is going into the future it seems with its time periods, and maybe they'll have shields soon enough. Then they'll have to deal with people escaping death as well:P

no sprint cod would actually be closer to classic cod, which may not be a bad thing considering that cod 2 was actually a good game.

Gandhi shares his thoughts on the beta, keeps it pretty real:

Is it just me, or does Ghandi give off a bit of a Jack Black vibe?

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game is another halo abomination made my 343. The population will die quickly just like with l halo 4.... If they really are counting on this game to carry xbox one, they are sorely mistaken... I'm really sad about what they've done to our game :/

I think it's time for all of us to move onto another series....

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We're the 4 year old demanding baby

We have the right to be. Why would we settle for anything less than h1 (or h2) now that we can play it whenever we want? 343 needs to give somewhat of an incentive to tear us away from MCC, and they're failing so far.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does anyone feel that they need to make weapons harder to use? Some of them just simply kill too fast and are easy to use on top of that.

Depends which weapons you mean. If you mean the automatics, then you're probably noticing the effect that Smartscope has had on them. They now compete (and often destroy) BRs and DMRs at mid range due to the tighter spread when scoped, and due to the fact that automatics are naturally going to have an advantage when it comes to descope.

An AR that can scope in at mid range with tight spread is going to have a much easier time descoping an enemy who is using a BR, because the BR is spending less time putting bullets into them. Add onto that the fact that once that BR user is actually descoped, they have to fight against a wider spread just to get back into scope, and you have a recipe where the weapon that requires less skill is also more effective at mid range.

They're making a big mistake doing this, in my opinion. Automatics should be treated as something you pick up and use as an effective tool in very close range situations. If they're not doing that job well, then make them stronger at close range, but don't let them scope with a tighter spread for heaven's sake!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah on the topic of lag/connection...

this game is smooth as hell. When there are issues, its usually one person glitching around so I can tell it's his internet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 needs to leave Halo alone. All these new games they plan to put out need to be apart of something else that isn't Halo. If they want to make Halo games again with the timeless title "Halo", they need to go back and build off the Halo 2 engine or Halo 3 engine. The halo's that made "Halo" were made so long ago, I don't see why they can't go back to that style as a side game with the technology they have now I'm sure they could make a great true halo game in twice the amount of time it took them 10 years ago and still be able to make they're guardians thing as they're main project.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No one is going to see a dramatic change they can't just scrap what they have. They have already worked on this game for 1 year...too much time lost, the beta we are playing will basically be the full game. I won't be buying, hate to be like everyone else but it's exactly like cod and destiny. At that point im gonna go play cod where the population is very high.

Yep, I'm just glad Treyarchs game is coming out next year. I also hope Black Tusks makes GoW right as well. Apparently they're going back to the roots as well. I'm done with this abortion they call Halo nowadays.

I can't wait to see the abysmal numbers for H5, and see them try to lure/lie us back with H6 and dig its grave even deeper. Meanwhile they have a working formula right in front of them, but ignore it completely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Take a quick glance through his post history.

Duncan Idaho is basically like if you took every "we need more immersion / 343I is evolving the game" chant, created a living entity out of them, then somehow made it so every word it says is automatically translated to be as pretentious sounding as possible.  The guy literally believes that strafing is archaic and detrimental to the game.

Please do not mention that name for the sake of my own sanity.

I'm not kidding you, that guy has been my least favourite person in the Halo community since I first started posting on Waypoint. The way you just described him is exactly how he comes across to me with every post. I went through the threads on that site today hoping to read through everyone's feedback and hear different people's opinions on the beta, but instead I just saw thread after thread and post after post about how people need to "stop whining" and to stop being "scared of change". The post you quoted there is the one that made me finally leave.

Is he talking about hipfire flinch? That's some good news if that's not going to be there in the launch version.

Not going to happen. 

I can't wait to be a Pro in Action Sack and Infection <_<

No but seriously Quinn, a few social playlists here and there won't hurt.

• Upvote (+1) 3