CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

While this idea for placement matches seems to make sense, you can't expect to just be as high of a rank as you want to be instantly. 60 games isn't that many for ranking up in comparison to past titles. How many games did it take to get a 50 in H3? What about a 30 in H2? The ranking system being a grind is a good thing IMO as it should promote longevity.

It's not even intentionally designed to be a grind. Expecting to get close games and teammates that are similar to your skill level this early is unrealistic bbecause it is impossible to accurately place players after 10 games.

LoL players ran into this same problem when Riot introduced its division based ranking system. No one complains anymore because enough time has passed to allow the system to accurately place players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I'm assuming placement matches and stuff work in league because they have way more data then H5 does atm. You shouldn't be able to place into semi pro or pro leagues at all tbh.

I won all 10 placements, and carried anywhere from a 1.4-1.8 k/d through all 10 games, and got placed into Gold 2. I actually thought that was fair, I expected high silver or low gold. I definitely don't think anyone should be placed higher than Onyx.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So far from what I have played the game is fun, however it does not feel like a real "halo". It's a fun game, but at the end of the day it is not halo. One thing that has to be adjusted is the DMR. The DMR seems way to powerful compared to the battle rifle at similar ranges. I feel that the DMR should get nerfed by reducing the number of shots taken in a given time or by reducing the damage, a very slight change. Also the sniper scope feels very weird, almost like it is delayed when zooming in; I do not know if this is a glitch or not but would like to see it executed more smoothly when zooming in. Clamber is also another issue I have. When playing on truth in side the red and blue flag bases when you jump up on the windows that move out (I don't know how else to describe them) clamber seems to not work that well. On other jumps as well it seems that clamber when it should work doesn't. I have no idea if this is due to 343i wanting a skill within clamber and I am just bad at it, I am fine with that, but to me it feels like it could use a little more tweaking so that it works more reliably. 

I look forward to playing the other maps, game modes, and weapons throughout the beta from what I have seen. These are just some of the little issues I have seen that I think could use some adjusting. By the way I see a lot of people wanting sprint out, but I think it is here to stay since the maps seem to be made entirely based on it. If sprint can be removed then do it, it would make for a much more competitive game but I would not get my hopes up.

I won all 10 placements, and carried anywhere from a 1.4-1.8 k/d through all 10 games, and got placed into Gold 2. I actually thought that was fair, I expected high silver or low gold. I definitely don't think anyone should be placed higher than Onyx.

Yeah that's how I feel about it aswell. For the more casual player it will be better to not get rekt on the early levels like it used to be with H2/3 but then again I don't know how the placement is determined.

I lost like 3 games and ended up in Onyx 1.

I personally don't feel like the weapons need to be nerfed. They all feel powerful and useful...they have a reason to be picked up, even the autos for a change...we just need BR starts is all. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I personally don't feel like the weapons need to be nerfed. They all feel powerful and useful...they have a reason to be picked up, even the autos for a change...we just need BR starts is all. 

Yeah I want to see how BR starts work with current damage of the AR. A lot of people are probably expecting to be able to win against an AR once they turn that corner and for now it just doesn't work that way.

I honestly can't take any prominent figure in the halo community seriously with their opinions. It just seems like they want jobs at 343.

And that ghandi video just proves my point when he D rides Quinn at the end.

I completely agree. Ghandi's video "it's 2014 going on 2015, no fps can be released without sprint"...What is this magic new rule..? CS doesn't have sprint and imo it's the most competitive fps out right now. CE/H2/H3 were far more competitive then vanilla Reach/H4/any Cod, not saying this is purely because of sprint but it was a huge factor.

It's a real shame that pros/personalities are agree with sprint now when they didn't use to.

Yeah I want to see how BR starts work with current damage of the AR. A lot of people are probably expecting to be able to win against an AR once they turn that corner and for now it just doesn't work that way.

Like it's easier to get away with sprint against AR, it's easier to sprint period with AR starts, AR starts means more ARs on the map which makes it look super powerful compared to 1/2 AR/SMGs on the map at a time. It's just making the game look worse than it is I think. 

Is anyone else having the issue of when in a party chat, you keep getting kicked out of the party chat and put into regular game chat? Or am I the only one with this issue?

Skype, everyone has it on Xbone, so I cannot think of any reason why xbl party chat is still being used. Is there a reason you don't use Skype? I'm curious.

I completely agree. Ghandi's video "it's 2014 going on 2015, no fps can be released without sprint"...What is this magic new rule..? CS doesn't have sprint and imo it's the most competitive fps out right now. CE/H2/H3 were far more competitive then vanilla Reach/H4/any Cod, not saying this is purely because of sprint but it was a huge factor.

It's a real shame that pros/personalities are agree with sprint now when they didn't use to.

Altho i've used the "CSGO has no sprint" numerous times, I did realize this week that CSGO is a 1 death round based game with pretty fast kill times. No one wants to sprint in that situation anyways. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's so ********, everyone's first thought is "How can I escape as fast as possible" instead of fighting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is anyone else having the issue of when in a party chat, you keep getting kicked out of the party chat and put into regular game chat? Or am I the only one with this issue?

Constantly.  I think this is a MS/dashboard issue however, it happens to me in MCC as well.

Altho i've used the "CSGO has no sprint" numerous times, I did realize this week that CSGO is a 1 death round based game with pretty fast kill times. No one wants to sprint in that situation anyways. 

What about the cod version of that? They're sprinting around constantly.

Does anyone feel that they need to make weapons harder to use? Some of them just simply kill too fast and are easy to use on top of that.

About the ranking system, i know there is only 200 pro ranks given out at any time. I was wondering if semi pro also had a limited number of ranks to be given out? or if it is basically unlimited semi pros. If so does anyone know the number? 

are you hold back and pressing X? cause that changes your chat to game chat instead of party chat.

I think sprint is here to stay, regardless of the evidence that the broad community could live without it.  That being said, I think the delayed shield recharge is insufficient at "balancing" sprint.  Perhaps an alternate way of balancing sprint would be to only allow sprinting when your shields are above 75% and/or having your shield deplete as you're sprinting and if you sprint with no shields you take HP damage and can die (like your suit using power to allow sprint and taking that power away from your shielding).  This would allow sprinting for movement and not for escape. 

Also, the sniper rifle needs a rate of fire increase, a scoping improvement, and reduced magnetism/auto aim.

AR needs a range nerf.  I've seen kill cams of people killing opponents all the way across Truth with it.  I think it should have its role in mid-range fights, but not long range.  Same with the SMG, it needs a range nerf and should only be killing people in close range fights. 

Pistol needs to have the kill time slightly reduced since it's the most skillful weapon to use at this point. 

i need weapon icons to come back instead of just text when i walk over a weapon. find myself looking down to read what weapon it is. i would say move it to the upper right corner like past halos too.

• Upvote (+1) 3

My thoughts about halo 5 beta.

I think that halo 5 is a fun game, BUT IT DOESNT FEEL LIKE A HALO GAME!!

Look at the clasic halo games (1,2 and 3) and build on that. Dont try to make a cod game!!

The good things in h5 is: the assult rifle is a useable weapon, greanades are mote powerful

The bad thongs are: the glow from the sword is to bright so you cant see anything, the burst on the BR is to fast there is no difference between the BR and the DMR. ADS and the function which makes you go out of aim when being hit cant be used together for two big reasons 1 its really annoying to get zoomed in and out ten times during a fight 2 the sensitivity is different when you are aiming and when you are not, so you will almost turn 90 degrees to the sides. The function to be able to float when aiming is terrible it doesnt require any skills and is just weird. The shield regenerate to slow, every weapon deals to much damage the assult rifle in previous games was terrible, you had to shoot abot ten seconds to kill anyone, now you can kill someone in two seconds.

LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY, WE BUY THE GAME, MAKE A GAME THAT WE WANT TO PLAY NOT A GAME YOU WANT TO PLAY!!!!!

What about the cod version of that? They're sprinting around constantly.

And thrusting now too, and yeah you can play S&D 2 ways very aggressive or very sneaky, or split the team up and do both. CoD will play with almost anything tho and be happy, thats why their scene is growing more and more lol. Halo will have an S&Dish game type soon, but with no shields. Take the risk if you want but I know I won't be sprinting much with no shields and 1 life. Either way I feel like this sprint has worked better in Halo than past iterations. If we can't have no sprint coupled with much faster movement speed, I won't cry while playing Halo this time at least, thats all I'm saying. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's just your point of view, which is extremely understandable. Having close games is important and it makes games more fun. However, there are a lot of competitive players will want to only for their rank, not for close games. If they got put into semi pro or pro off of the placement matches, they would have no reason to continue playing.

The whole point of using this type of system is to put you as close to your actual rank as possible. No one should be placed in the top 2 ranks at the start, but there definitely needs to be some adjustments made to the ranking system at the start as I can't figure out how the hell it places people. I think there should be 15 games for calibrating. I also think that the initial calibration games should be more like Halo: Reach's ranked system (maybe make it have a stronger bias for wins then Reach's had) and then once you are placed it is purely wins or loses.