CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Fracture and Dispelled are really fun IMO, but some of the maps in the playlist really suck and should be removed.

I'd go as far to say as Dispelled is probably one of the best BTB maps I've played since Halo2.

Maybe if the playlist wasn't so bare-boned to start with it would have retained a good audience, but the lack of care it's had since it was clearly launched as an afterthought has hurt it irreparably. 

Some of the refreshes are pretty good visual wise but the textures on entombed make it look like an N64 game.  

The randoms in Big Team are consistently SO FUCKING AWFUL that they remove all the fun from the game.

What's worse is when you're matched against a full party and you have those people. Might as well just give them the win on a silver platter.

It wasn't always like this in Halo. In BTB and Warzone there are so many players who can't even handle a controller properly, players who in a 10-20 minute game get 1-4 kills. It wasn't like that in BTB in the other Halo games. I wonder why that is.

Say what you will about the overall aim skill gap in H5 (huge IMO), H5 definitely has less forgiving or harder to learn aim mechanics overall, and someone with even the tiniest bit of competency is going to just pound the shit out of kids who might have managed to lay down a few BR shots and gather some kills in previous Halo games.

• Downvote (-1) 8

Say what you will about the overall aim skill gap in H5 (huge IMO), H5 definitely has less forgiving or harder to learn aim mechanics overall, and someone with even the tiniest bit of competency is going to just pound the shit out of kids who might have managed to lay down a few BR shots and gather some kills in previous Halo games.

Halo 5 has a huge shooting skill gap? In BTB? Lolllllllllllllllll
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Are you sure you don't mean a huge movement ability skill gap? If it wasn't for the thruster, there would hardly be any kind of aiming skill gap besides the pistol, but a lot of that is due to the garbo aiming mechanics like Basu mentioned.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want H3 2.0 man

The whole world wants H3 2.0, but even with disastrous sales and population numbers, 343 will continue the downward spiral of NuHalo until Halo is in the grave.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The whole world wants H3 2.0, but even with disastrous sales and population numbers, 343 will continue the downward spiral of NuHalo until Halo is in the grave.

Where'd you pull that bull... Wait... I just read who I'm responding to.

Just... Keep doing whatever it is that you do.

OT but here is a code for a warthog in forza horizon 3 for anyone that wants to put it to use!

WH3Y9-7F69C-QXVW2-RT2Y4-JHGRZ

So I started playing some H5 again after not playing for like 6 months and I forgot how weird the aiming feels. Played some MCC first and the aiming in 1/2/3 feel great. Then when I played 5 my accuracy went to shit. I see they've put in a bunch of new sensitivity options in since I left, are there any changes I can make to make it feel better?

Not trolling, real talk, if you really think H5 is easier to aim then the rest of the series, on top of complaining about the aim in this game being shit, than I apparently have a far higher tolerance for continuing to play despite those issues, or I'm bearing the full brunt of latency aim, shitty servers, etc. and it feels far worse for me than it does for you guys.

H1 - H4 on MCC feels like nearly LAN crispiness for me 90% of the time, and I had enormous expectations for H5 running on dedicated servers following it.  According to HTR I've got just over 12 days worth of play time in H5 Arena, and not a week goes by where I don't consider just going back to MCC permanently because of how much H5 feels like I'm fighting the aim rather than focusing on strat and out-maneuvering the enemies.

I honestly feel like I'm the one getting trolled.  Granted, that 12 days in H5 is only around 2k games, and if I had to throw a number out that's probably 20% of what I've played of CE, by far my most played, so I wouldn't expect it to feel as good as that does, but I'm obviously still doing something very wrong if that many people disagree with me regarding the aim gap.

tl;dr IMO if you took a straight up noob and plopped him against someone competent in H1 - Reach, he'd get more kills than the same scenario in H5, predominantly because he'd have a harder time controlling the aim.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Not trolling, real talk, if you really think H5 is easier to aim then the rest of the series, on top of complaining about the aim in this game being shit, than I apparently have a far higher tolerance for continuing to play despite those issues, or I'm bearing the full brunt of latency aim, shitty servers, etc. and it feels far worse for me than it does for you guys.

H1 - H4 on MCC feels like nearly LAN crispiness for me 90% of the time, and I had enormous expectations for H5 running on dedicated servers following it. According to HTR I've got just over 12 days worth of play time in H5 Arena, and not a week goes by where I don't consider just going back to MCC permanently because of how much H5 feels like I'm fighting the aim rather than focusing on strat and out-maneuvering the enemies.

I honestly feel like I'm the one getting trolled. Granted, that 12 days in H5 is only around 2k games, and if I had to throw a number out that's probably 20% of what I've played of CE, by far my most played, so I wouldn't expect it to feel as good as that does, but I'm obviously still doing something very wrong if that many people disagree with me regarding the aim gap.

tl;dr IMO if you took a straight up noob and plopped him against someone competent in H1 - Reach, he'd get more kills than the same scenario in H5, predominantly because he'd have a harder time controlling the aim.

I disagree in your last point solely because the automatics in H5 are super strong
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The randoms in BTB make me want to drag them out into the street and shoot myself.

The randoms in Big Team are consistently SO FUCKING AWFUL that they remove all the fun from the game. Theres bad, and then there's Big Team bad. These kids are gonna give me a bleeding ulcer. And the other team always has a statter that isn't even trying to win, and our teammates just feed him kills and never resist him.

Can't attack.

Can't defend.

Can't hold map control.

Can't get power weapons.

Can't use vehicles.

Can't win any fight.

This happens consistently, and it's not just one guy on the team. It's like 4 fucking people every time. How are there so many God awful players? Jesus Christ man...I like the game, I like the playlist, but these bullshit circumstances I face so God damn often...it's just so difficult to have fun in this game...

It's so weird playing against an 8-man squad by yourself. I almost want my teammates to leave so I can have a fun hide & seek game but I also value them as meatshields.

But they essentially aren't there. They watch you get hijacked, they don't aggro weak vehicles, they let you get isolated and killed by a Wasp even if we're together (tell me why he gets to fly towards 4 Spartans and hover away alive) they don't watch their radar, they don't push, they don't switch to their BR's, (but they steal MY kills with the AR) and they will even betray you for power weapons...

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is absolutely no way in hell someone will get more kills in CE than H5. No possible way.

In a real 2v2 on Chilly/Pris/Dammy, no, I 100% agree with you.

In some BTB clusterfuck, or in some octagon style straight-up match?  As far as the game feels for me, I'd be more concerned with a rookie managing to get kills on me with the CE Pistol or H2/H4 BR than any of the precisions in H5.

I will give it to you guys, thruster probably plays a bigger part in this than I give it credit for.  I haven't played the Evolved settings yet, and perhaps I'd feel differently about the aim in a scenario where the overall pace of the game is evened out like that.