CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Once a team gets up top it's just an auto and nades fest. You either have to clamber or go up ramps to fight. There aren't many pistol fights outside of when rockets come up.

I just hate the layout.

Using autos in evolved settings is your own demise.  When we played White Cell, it was all pistols, and it was glorious.   And I beg to differ about it being boring when playing objective game types.  Like I said, Flag and Assault play way better than all the other maps I've played.  Lots of intense countercaps, flag returns, etc.  Far from boring imo.  

On another note, in the small amount that I have played H5 customs on PC, I have had way more fun moments in general.   I'm not sure why it is.  I definitely have gotten way more multikills, running riots, snipaltaneous, and rare medals while playing H5 customs than I ever got playing Arena on Xbox, and I've played like 5x the amount on xbox.   It's just more enjoyable in PC customs.   

I am curious why that is.

Maybe because the lobbies are bigger on average?  More people means more opportunities for multikills?

Maybe because we aren't playing the stock crap maps?   343 stock maps are majority asymmetrical maps build around garbo movement abilities and designed to create, on the most part, 1v1 encounters.  There's not big open areas to support multikill opportunities. Just lots of Call of Duty'esque ring around the rosie.  

Maybe and most probably, its because I have been playing in big discord lobbies and the social aspect has been way better than playing with three random people I got matched up with who are either going to rage quit, don't communicate, or just talk shit to their own team when they are negative 5. 

Just some random thoughts about H5 PC Vs H5 Xb.  

Custom browser, you can't get here soon enough. 

Hopefully the delivery of the custom browser is not too little too late.  Last night was the first time I went into the official Halo reddit discord to only find one PC game voice chat populated.  1 out of 15 was active with people.  5 days ago all 15 were totally full, and you had to wait to get into games. Hope it's not dying off that fast. 

On another note, in the small amount that I have played H5 customs on PC, I have had way more fun moments in general.   I'm not sure why it is.  I definitely have gotten way more multikills, running riots, snipaltaneous, and rare medals while playing H5 customs than I ever got playing Arena on Xbox, and I've played like 5x the amount on xbox.   It's just more enjoyable in PC customs.   

I am curious why that is.

Maybe because the lobbies are bigger on average?  More people means more opportunities for multikills?

Maybe because we aren't playing the stock crap maps?   343 stock maps are majority asymmetrical maps build around garbo movement abilities and designed to create, on the most part, 1v1 encounters.  There's not big open areas to support multikill opportunities. Just lots of Call of Duty'esque ring around the rosie.  

Maybe and most probably, its because I have been playing in big discord lobbies and the social aspect has been way better than playing with three random people I got matched up with who are either going to rage quit, don't communicate, or just talk shit to their own team when they are negative 5. 

Just some random thoughts about H5 PC Vs H5 Xb.  

Custom browser, you can't get here soon enough. 

Hopefully the delivery of the custom browser is not too little too late.  Last night was the first time I went into the official Halo reddit discord to only find one PC game voice chat populated.  1 out of 15 was active with people.  5 days ago all 15 were totally full, and you had to wait to get into games. Hope it's not dying off that fast. 

1) Custom lobbies tend to be more fun in general, more relaxed even when in sweaty situations.

2) Obviously more people can lead to more multikills, the opposite can hold true as well if that same larger group of people puts teamshot on you and kills you before you can even react.

3) You're probably not playing people of your skill level. This is even more apparent on PC where the H5 community is super behind the console community in terms of the meta. 

We definitely have more sym than Asym btw. Curious about the 1v1 bit however, that's generally not the case for most of the maps, especially the symm ones. I could see it more on asym maps though for sure.

1) Custom lobbies tend to be more fun in general, more relaxed even when in sweaty situations.

2) Obviously more people can lead to more multikills, the opposite can hold true as well if that same larger group of people puts teamshot on you and kills you before you can even react.

3) You're probably not playing people of your skill level. This is even more apparent on PC where the H5 community is super behind the console community in terms of the meta.

We definitely have more sym than Asym btw. Curious about the 1v1 bit however, that's generally not the case for most of the maps, especially the symm ones. I could see it more on asym maps though for sure.

You're probably right, I just enjoy pub stomping I guess.

I have recently found out that the only fun I can have in H5 is smurfing

Just played a game for the first time in a few weeks and the shot registration is worse than I remember it, doesn't help that I'm living on the west coast as well.  These connections are really demotivating me from playing the game.

Just played a game for the first time in a few weeks and the shot registration is worse than I remember it, doesn't help that I'm living on the west coast as well.  These connections are really demotivating me from playing the game.

West coast is not the best coast?

If any Beyond company brothers or sisters want to join me, I'm gonna play some Big Team tonight, and I'd love to get a lobby going. Send me something on XBL if you're down.  I'll be jammin' those ground vehicle kills.

GT: Hard VVay

If I'm feelin' froggy I might even stream it.

The randoms in Big Team are consistently SO FUCKING AWFUL that they remove all the fun from the game. Theres bad, and then there's Big Team bad. These kids are gonna give me a bleeding ulcer. And the other team always has a statter that isn't even trying to win, and our teammates just feed him kills and never resist him.

Can't attack.

Can't defend.

Can't hold map control.

Can't get power weapons.

Can't use vehicles.

Can't win any fight.

This happens consistently, and it's not just one guy on the team. It's like 4 fucking people every time. How are there so many God awful players? Jesus Christ man...I like the game, I like the playlist, but these bullshit circumstances I face so God damn often...it's just so difficult to have fun in this game...

• Upvote (+1) 7

The randoms in Big Team are consistently SO FUCKING AWFUL that they remove all the fun from the game. Theres bad, and then there's Big Team bad. These kids are gonna give me a bleeding ulcer. And the other team always has a statter that isn't even trying to win, and our teammates just feed him kills and never resist him.

Can't attack.

Can't defend.

Can't hold map control.

Can't get power weapons.

Can't use vehicles.

Can't win any fight.

This happens consistently, and it's not just one guy on the team. It's like 4 fucking people every time. How are there so many God awful players? Jesus Christ man...I like the game, I like the playlist, but these bullshit circumstances I face so God damn often...it's just so difficult to have fun in this game...

GGs man. Had to get off because my shot was getting worse and I was becoming one of those kids  :mj:

Can't attack.

Can't defend.

Can't hold map control.

Can't get power weapons.

Can't use vehicles.

Can't win any fight.

A huge problem that TF2 has been facing for years (and only recently has Valve experimented with ways to fix it) is the fact that a large portion of the playerbase is so too fucking inept to figure out how to play the game at even the most basic capacity, and yet they continue to play the game with no plans on improving. Many pubs end up with such a huge skill difference that high level players typically just treat absurdly low scoring players as empty playerslots (or attempt to make them literally empty by calling a kick) or creeps in some kind of warped MOBA game.

At least they're good for the occasional laugh.

Can't attack.

Can't defend.

Can't hold map control.

Can't get power weapons.

Can't use vehicles.

Can't win any fight.

This happens consistently, and it's not just one guy on the team. It's like 4 fucking people every time. How are there so many God awful players? Jesus Christ man...I like the game, I like the playlist, but these bullshit circumstances I face so God damn often...it's just so difficult to have fun in this game...

It wasn't always like this in Halo. In BTB and Warzone there are so many players who can't even handle a controller properly, players who in a 10-20 minute game get 1-4 kills. It wasn't like that in BTB in the other Halo games. I wonder why that is.

Can't attack.

Can't defend.

Can't hold map control.

Can't get power weapons.

Can't use vehicles.

Can't win any fight.

This happens consistently, and it's not just one guy on the team. It's like 4 fucking people every time. How are there so many God awful players? Jesus Christ man...I like the game, I like the playlist, but these bullshit circumstances I face so God damn often...it's just so difficult to have fun in this game...

Arena is even worse. Add guaranteed quitting on top of all that.

It wasn't always like this in Halo. In BTB and Warzone there are so many players who can't even handle a controller properly, players who in a 10-20 minute game get 1-4 kills. It wasn't like that in BTB in the other Halo games. I wonder why that is.

It's because most people with at least half a brain have stopped playing this game long ago. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's because most people with at least half a brain have stopped playing this game long ago. 

My thoughts exactly.  I guess I only have half a brain, but I only play customs so maybe three quarters. 

Can't attack.

Can't defend.

Can't hold map control.

Can't get power weapons.

Can't use vehicles.

Can't win any fight.

Agree, I lost a couple games last night for this very reason ... it's simple, (1) BTB is the main playlist for casuals, historically, and (2) BTB is ranked in H5, so you're getting matched up against good opponents, despite the prevalence of casuals (and then playlist population is probably not so great, so you're getting a couple idiots on your team every game)

A huge problem that TF2 has been facing for years (and only recently has Valve experimented with ways to fix it) is the fact that a large portion of the playerbase is so too fucking inept to figure out how to play the game at even the most basic capacity, and yet they continue to play the game with no plans on improving. Many pubs end up with such a huge skill difference that high level players typically just treat absurdly low scoring players as empty playerslots (or attempt to make them literally empty by calling a kick) or creeps in some kind of warped MOBA game.

At least they're good for the occasional laugh.

All the good players moved on to Overwatch.  Since it's actually designed to be competitive in comparison.

Pubs have always been a complete joke unless you're referring exclusively to 6v6 and Highlander servers.  No one takes 16v16 2fort seriously.