CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

ranks are definately working, won 2 games by a margin of 1-2 points, all players were iron or bronze except one silver

I'm onyx and I went through about a 6 game stretch where I would get teammates that would finish with about a .2 kd ratio

Fair point actually. But, as I always say, our game has been fucked with more than most other competitive games (Dota to Dota 2, Starcraft to Starcraft 2, COD, Battlefield, Tekken...) so no wonder we're negative eh?

The negativity is completely called for. Reach was off its rocker and Halo 4 played too much damn CoD. Im very optimistic about Halo 5 cuz its the best we've had in like half a decade, and the closet to a TRUE arena shooter reimagining yet. All games have had their issues tho. Starcraft almost died once the 2nd one came out, their tournaments went from bigger than Halo's to AGL viewership, almost exactly what happened to us but 2-3 years after. Now they're back to having huge numbers and tournaments, so I think it's possible to get back to where Halo was, but this community does need to realize that we're not trying to make the most competitive game ever made, just the most competitive game that we can for a 2015 audience. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well no one likes Halo 2 Anniversary and that doesn't have sprint, and it has smaller classic maps...and people still bitch about feeling bullshitted all the time in it lol. At this point i'd like to see 343 carbon copy Halo 1 just to see people bitch about that as well. 

H2A is terrible. Everything is super sluggish. Go put on MCC and run a split screen match. I'm not sure if it is the FOV or if the game actually allows you to move that fast.  No other Halo game lets you maneuver and out shoot players like CE does.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

The ranking system is an absolute mess. I was searching solo and had multiple games were multiple of my teammates drop double digit neg bombs so I place gold with a kd of 2.

Play some games with a buddy of mine who is onyx and we win 13 games in a row with only two of the enemy team getting more than 20 kills. Until I reach even something remotely comparable to what I've had in previous halos like Onyx 2/3 Im going to have to play atleast 60 or so more games of demolishing bad players because the system didnt rank me correctly.

I think what they should have done was give you your placement rank based on INDIVIDUAL performance. If your teammates are terrible enough and the enemy team decent, often enough there is absolutely no way of you winning the game, but there usually always is a way to do atleast acceptable individually.

Obviously once you are placed in the correct division individual performance should be replaced with win/loss, but I feel its not the correct to use it in placement matches.

While this idea for placement matches seems to make sense, you can't expect to just be as high of a rank as you want to be instantly. 60 games isn't that many for ranking up in comparison to past titles. How many games did it take to get a 50 in H3? What about a 30 in H2? The ranking system being a grind is a good thing IMO as it should promote longevity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H2A is terrible. Everything is super sluggish. Go put on MCC and run a split screen match. I'm not sure if it is the FOV or if the game actually allows you to move that fast. No other Halo game lets you maneuver and out shoot players like CE does.

Halo 5.

Playing devils advocate here but it's actually true

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone tell me how i won 9/10 placement games with a 7.4KD yet i got placed in a Silver 1?

While my friend who i wasnt playing with had like a 5.0 and won only 4/10 and got placed into gold 2?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm onyx and I went through about a 6 game stretch where I would get teammates that would finish with about a .2 kd ratio

jesus christ. that was me yesterday. maybe i should play more and then comment

Halo 5.

Playing devils advocate here but it's actually true

yup, was turning on kids like tokyo drift lol. this is the first halo in recent memory where i didn't feel powerless

While this idea for placement matches seems to make sense, you can't expect to just be as high of a rank as you want to be instantly. 60 games isn't that many for ranking up in comparison to past titles. How many games did it take to get a 50 in H3? What about a 30 in H2? The ranking system being a grind is a good thing IMO as it should promote longevity.

What is the point of the ranking system being a grind? Im sure the players getting demolished by me are having even less fun than I am. I'm also pretty sure I wouldn't be having any fun if I could just grind my way into the "pro" rank by playing my ass off while getting destroyed game after game. I want to have close games where I can not only have fun but also get good competitive matches.

If I want to grind I still have my "spartan rank" or whatever the exp system is called.

What is the point of the ranking system being a grind? Im sure the players getting demolished by me are having even less fun than I am. I'm also pretty sure I wouldn't be having any fun if I could just grind my way into the "pro" rank by playing my ass off while getting destroyed game after game. I want to have close games where I can not only have fun but also get good competitive matches.

If I want to grind I still have my "spartan rank" or whatever the exp system is called.

That's just your point of view, which is extremely understandable. Having close games is important and it makes games more fun. However, there are a lot of competitive players will want to only for their rank, not for close games. If they got put into semi pro or pro off of the placement matches, they would have no reason to continue playing.

The lighting/colors need to be tweaked. The tint to scoping makes it hard to see. Midship is hard see anything. Maybe too dark still? Idk im Not liking the midship remake. I'm not really enjoying any of the beta so far.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Downloaded and ready to play a Working Halo game.

How can you tell if you unlocked the armor from watching Nightfall / it shows me pics of it but when I click it just takes me to the Halo 5 beta /and then nothing.

Maybe it will work once it's open.

Sorry negged you on accident I was in my car scrolling and accidently tapped it. :(

Has anyone had the problem with the Red triangle when trying to search?

Can't seem to fix this issue, wondering if it is the servers.

@@Deez please consider doing a no sprint high base movement speed test week. H5 actually looks good but Sprint serves no purpose in this game, high level players only use it to get behind cover very close to them because the maps, surprisingly enough look good in their design and when two teams are playing and calling out it seems you will never get away with a long sprint without being cleaned up. I feel this makes the ability pointless it's only purpose in h5 is elongating the maps.

You can control sight lines, power positions, the game flows well in my opinion but the maps are too big, again due to the nerfs to Sprint it feels nearly pointless to have it in this game. It's underpowered, the only way to give players a reason to use it is to make it broken. Since neither option will make the gameplay objectively better.

You guys at 343 are left with a tough choice. Remove it and downsize the maps and see the game play 110% better OR keep it in for the sake of the people who are only going to buy your game and tthat's it. Right now due to map size and Sprint nerf you must play very defensively. This creates standoff ish gameplay, with the kill Times and aiming difficulty in this game, it should be non stop action but with the way Sprint behaves (and as I said, the only way to make it so it's not broken) the player basically has to mitigate battles to one on one all the time.

It's boring for the viewer, it's fun to play but it could be so much more. We all know the reason to Have Sprint in the game is poor, you can't leave it in for to be Frank, dumb people whose only reason they feel it should be in the game is either:

A: It's in every other shooter. (This alone is why it shouldn't be in the game, make your game stand out)

B: "Becos herp derp, spartans are super soldiers they should be able to run durr".

These people will not support your game post release, you will make 60 bucks off them, that's it. They won't buy the special edition for 150 or whatever because 80% are not halo fans anyway. Make the game for halo fans. No sprint, we will buy all the doc (10-20 dollars pp, however many map packs you feel like making, as long as they are good). We will be the ones supporting HCS. Does microsoft have no interest in making the insane amount of dollars that comes with a strong competitive following?.

This game could soar but I promise you it will nothing but just "good" if you keep Sprint and these huge maps, if I was developing this game I'd want people to remember it, I'd want people to think it was better than the original trilogy, you have the talent. I implore you to use it and not just settle for week 1 sales or expect another embarrassing population drop off when the following COD releases.

Apologies for any typos and if this post doesn't flow too well, writing this on a touchscreen. #disclaimer

• Upvote (+1) 1

Frame rate lag in this game is pissing me off. It's already 720p and we can't get a smooth experience?

Nothing like grabbing the sniper rifle, having frame rate lag along with the flinch bug as someone is shooting you. 

Frame rate lag in this game is pissing me off. It's already 720p and we can't get a smooth experience?

Nothing like grabbing the sniper rifle, having frame rate lag along with the flinch bug as someone is shooting you. 

Yup, I don't see them getting this game to 1080p 60fps as promised. 

Overall this game is a huge disappointment. 

Haven't had any framerate issues here. Is it every time you pick up a sniper?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just got a game with 5 Onyx players(including myself, a Semi Pro, and 2 players in placement games. The one in placement games in my team went 0-17.

That's just not right.

You know, you could do the Strongside around corners to get away in Halo 2...did we remove Stronside from Halo 2? #Kappa

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is anyone else having the issue of when in a party chat, you keep getting kicked out of the party chat and put into regular game chat? Or am I the only one with this issue?

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's just your point of view, which is extremely understandable. Having close games is important and it makes games more fun. However, there are a lot of competitive players will want to only for their rank, not for close games. If they got put into semi pro or pro off of the placement matches, they would have no reason to continue playing.

Except people are already getting into Semi-pro straight out of placements, and alot of them are not that good,  Not saying his idea is better, but the ranking system needs Serious tweaking, especially within the placement matches, currently they are all over the place irregardless of the person playing skill.