CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

As my 2nd post on beyond,this is a question I had before I signed up.What tweaks would be necessary to make thrust more offensive,and not just something you use every time you're in a bad spot?(Please don't go with the easy answer of removing it all together).

Half the distance it moves and half the time it takes the recharge. Makes it more of a strafing tool than a movement mechanic. You can already set this up using the in game options.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Day one purchase?  He's brave

They're just getting started with what?  They still haven't figured out what the hell went wrong with MCC, maybe they should finish that fight first.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Tried to play warzone but it's just terrible.

Spawn camping and zero team work.

It's everything bad with arean but worse

The mode would be so much less frustrating with a sensible hud. If I could see where ALL of my teammates are (not just the ones close to me), and the status of every objective like Battlefield, then there might actually be some friggin teamwork.

The most frustrating part of getting 3 capped is not knowing where your team is and what they're doing. So you get some shitty push on 3 different objectives (Battle of Noctus) instead of an effective and coordinated push on 1 or 2. It's a feeling of helplessness brought on by needless and uncorrectable ignorance.

@@Sal1ent @@Deez, why is this? Why does Warzone have such a limited HUD?  Is it because testers thought their screen was too cluttered?  You guys had to have known you were kneecapping any ability for a group of randoms to work together in Warzone, right? The HUD limitations only make full fireteams of farmers even stronger by not allowing the most basic form of coordination among solo searchers.  If clutter was in fact the issue, can we please get an option to turn on 'always on' friendly icons like we have in Arena? It would improve my Warzone experience immensely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As my 2nd post on beyond,this is a question I had before I signed up.What tweaks would be necessary to make thrust more offensive,and not just something you use every time you're in a bad spot?(Please don't go with the easy answer of removing it all together).

Remove sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 4

FOV and 120 FPS mods are decently working!

CsHrgLoVYAAXOCH.jpg

FOV is old news. We already reported it yesterday lol. FPS is hit and miss. Some weird physics glitches happen at like 5 fps too. I'll upload it soon. I'm not sure why you need 3 addresses though, as changing only one of them effectively changes the framerate. I found that the monitor moves faster at higher framerates too.

Aiming feels very weird at high fps too, as if the increased poll rate slows the mouse down. Playing at 120 fps effectively halves the sensitivity, and then halves it again at 240 fps.

Ugh, Halo 5 is irritating to me. It's a game that is good at getting me to play again... but I get bored so quickly playing it. Even the updates don't really do anything. I have fun for maybe a day and then it's back to the same thing again. Not sure if it's just a combination of everything or a small group of large problems that make me bored. Feel like I'm still playing at this point because it's... Halo.

However, I will give credit to the Forge team. I unfortunately have the creativity and Forge skills of a rock, so it doesn't really affect me. Oh well.

They cant keep teasing my soul like this. Are they talking about MCC or no?!

No, they're talking about Halo Wars 2, Spartan Strike Assault Palmer Edition and future Halo titles. 

They cant keep teasing my soul like this. Are they talking about MCC or no?!

HW2, Halo 6 etc. no way in hell they would rerelease that broken PoS and embarass themselves again.

FOV is old news. We already reported it yesterday lol. FPS is hit and miss. Some weird physics glitches happen at like 5 fps too. I'll upload it soon. I'm not sure why you need 3 addresses though, as changing only one of them effectively changes the framerate. I found that the monitor moves faster at higher framerates too.

Aiming feels very weird at high fps too, as if the increased poll rate slows the mouse down. Playing at 120 fps effectively halves the sensitivity, and then halves it again at 240 fps.

That's what I was looking for in another thread actually. Its because the game is dependent on a certain frame rate to function in certain instances. Generally bad practice on PC due to variable hardware

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cynicalbrit/comments/3dqwga/the_fps_lock_what_it_is_why_should_you_avoid_it/ for more information.

That's what I was looking for in another thread actually. Its because the game is dependent on a certain frame rate to function in certain instances. Generally bad practice on PC due to variable hardware

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cynicalbrit/comments/3dqwga/the_fps_lock_what_it_is_why_should_you_avoid_it/ for more information.

Yeah, I'm aware. I hate when games don't separate their logic from the render pipeline. It's some Bethesda level incompetence.

What's strange about H5 is that some things are framerate dependent, and others are not. Vehicle physics break at very low fps, but high fps has no impact.

• Upvote (+1) 3

snip

snip

I don't know what to think about this info.

Maybe this explains the weird aiming on console.  The whole time its been tied to fps.  Slow turn is really just a dip in fps.  :kappa:

On another note, mouse aiming feels so sluggish on PC that I resorted to using my elite controller.  Played for a couple hours on PC and then switched to console, and I have to say I could tell an immediate difference on console.  Felt way worse on xbox.  I wonder why controller feels better on PC, or if it's just a placebo effect of some sort.    

PC customs lobbies are pretty funny.   Saturday I played a 8v8 on fathom.  It was actually pretty fun.   So chaotic and hectic.  I got top mid and just reigned down terror on all the PC noobs.  Got a killamanjaro with the last four kills as a 1 nade multikill cluster luck.  My nvidia shadow play had just crashed the game before though so I wasn't able to record it :(

I think I will honestly play Halo 5 on PC quite a bit if they really do deliver higher frames, better mouse aiming, server browser and fov. Hopefully it won't be three or four months from now.  

edit: New marketing slogan:

343i:  Three or four, or three months from now

No, they're talking about Halo Wars 2, Spartan Strike Assault Palmer Edition and future Halo titles. 

Don't forget H3A  :salt:  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What's strange about H5 is that some things are framerate dependent, and others are not. Vehicle physics break at very low fps, but high fps has no impact.

Can we blame Halo 5's awful vehicle physics on this when the frame rate drops ever so slightly below 60?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding. 

Don't forget H3A  :salt:  :salt:

Not happening :)

I forgot one thing that needs to be added to the PC version.  In lobby chat.  Why did they add it to in game but not in lobby?  Also they could improve the chat all together.  Key to show/hide chat history.  Really need this so people can request the next map, talk shit about the last match, say gg ez, all the typical lobby banter.

Also, has anyone tried using the machinima options?   I was unable to get them to work in custom game, even though I set the mode to on in the settings.  

• Upvote (+1) 1