CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

New REQs are available.

Wait, the Custom Game browser is currently in the game?  How do you access it?

The content browser is but not custom game browser.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still no theater fix. RIP fast forwarding.

Also, no Husky raid spawn fix or changing the beam rifle in the ground pound arena. :/

Also, no Husky raid spawn fix or changing the beam rifle in the ground pound arena. :/

There's always bugs.

But oh well the update is out and people seem to be having a great time

Fast forwarding was working fine for me?

Fast forwarding was working fine for me?

Did it get fixed? I was only going off of the patch notes and didn't see it mentioned. My game is currently downloading the update so haven't checked it yet.

*In everything ever designed, utilizing code, ever.

Yeah, but most strive to get rid of those bugs, especially if they are a AAA studio.

i guess the rules don't apply to 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

*Comes in expecting to see lots of posts talking about how good Mercy is* Forgot which thread I was in...

It feels like it has a nice flow to it, but the Saw isn't a very good option for Slayer. Removing it and having Beam/Hammer would be a better option. Or maybe an incineration cannon? Rockets may be too powerful unless there's no spare clip. Lots of experimenting can be done there.

Content browser is awesome, though. Really well put together system of finding maps/modes/etc.

Is H5 PC lagging for anyone else?
I basically got the recommended hardware and it still lags at times when i'm by myself on the map.

well, I can't even run H5 forge on my computer. It keeps saying I don't have the recommended settings and doesn't launch the game... I have a GTX 650, which is only a little bit worse than the TI, and I can't launch the game? GG

well, I can't even run H5 forge on my computer. It keeps saying I don't have the recommended settings and doesn't launch the game... I have a GTX 650, which is only a little bit worse than the TI, and I can't launch the game? GG

That's a pretty weak GPU.

Why did 343 had to ruin the new map with such shitty weapons, SAW, Hammer, and H2 Beam rifle ?'. WTF

Very silly to put the SAW on closed ramp. The H2 beam seems to have more aim assist firing from the hip, so maybe it can be replaced by the H5 version.

The current setup is suspect. Nevertheless, the weapons will be looked at if it makes it to the HCS lineup.

Why did 343 had to ruin the new map with such shitty weapons, SAW, Hammer, and H2 Beam rifle ?'. WTF

2 BPRs, a SAW, and a Storm.

Wow, one of my first posts and I already get a negative reputation for stating an opinion. I was going to multi-quote, but many of the responses I got sort of overlap in what they mean, so I'll just try to answer everything in this one comment.

When you state a game is overrated you imply that it gets more praise and compliments than what it deserves, not that it's bad. This is all subjective. You can't objectively prove why CE is a good shooter—what if someone hates the FPS genre and only likes RPGs or racing games? The point is: this was all my opinion, please don't get all tipsy like I just insulted your personal beliefs. In terms of sheer quantity Halo 2 and Halo 3 get more positive attention, but this fails to take into account the other side of the coin: criticism. In all my years as a Halo fan CE has received the least amount of hate than any other Halo game, and I'm only referring to the folks who know what they're talking about, you know, not those PS4/PC fans who bash on Halo solely for being on Xbox. CE gets the least amount of criticism, and when it does, like I already stated (which is proven to be true) you piss a lot of people off, more so than if you criticize 2 or 3. I don't have to be a pro to critique a game. It would help, which is why I'm trying to rank up as much as possible, but still.

I've also been told that I shouldn't criticize a game on the Internet lest I elaborate as to why. Do you really think that? I'm only being told this because I'm calling people's favorite shooter overrated—if I were to say that I'm lukewarm about Modern Warfare 3, I sincerely doubt anyone would bat an eye, no one would tell me that I'm not good enough to criticize the game or I should only be allowed to dislike the game if I write an essay enforcing my arguments. And yes, CE takes way more skill, but if you need to be incredibly skilled to get any sort of enjoyment, then quite frankly that's bad game design. Before people jump the gun and stone me for saying CE has bad game design, I'm not, just saying that you're allowed to dislike a game without being great at it.

And come on, why am I a hipster for not bowing to Half-life 2? I've beaten it more than once, taken my time with it, and according to my attempted unbiased opinion (I say attempted because it's impossible to be totally unbiased), it's actually quite good, just not as good as it's made out to be. It's almost like you can only either hate a game or love it, anything in between is nonexistent and immediately rounded to the bottom by the fans or the top by the haters. I've heard the "it was amazing when it came out" rebuttal way too many times; an amazing game should be timeless, like Mario 64.

I'm sorry that the MCC version of CE is "objectively" inferior to the original port, but I don't have the original port, so again, I'm sorry. Not really my fault. I'll watch gameplay from the original and put what I see into consideration. Many of you are telling me that CE is the most skill-based shooter. Yeah, I agree, but I don't like most of the maps, the vehicles, the weapon variety (despite its unique functions, of which I'm still critical), it's just not in my tastes.

I'm fairly certain that most of this will fly over your heads and you'll still think I hate CE, so here's the deal: my favorite game of all time is Dark Souls (I believe it's the closest thing to perfection video games have ever gotten to), feel free to nit-pick it until your face turns blue, I genuinely will not mind.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So the aiming feels bad, I can't set click to zoom, the FoV is still shit, everything on max settings and it's using 50% of one of my GPUs, and it's locked at 60. Maybe Halo 6 on PC will get something right. 

• Upvote (+1) 2