CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Mercy Slayer and Strongholds look pretty cool, not sure how I feel about SAW but it looks like the weapon set is mainly Battle Rifles (Streets), Carbines (Basements), and BPRs (Lifts/Trench)

OS on Mohawk is pretty awesome though for Strongholds

tfw infinity bans you for calling him shill 2ThzZU4.png

The only thing I did in chat today was tell people to Press 1 for Harambe, sorry to disappoint you.

I just played a slayer game with Heinz and the game basically 'stole' it. It is like I didn't play it, no register of it on Halotracker or Halo5Arena and it didn't even give me points.

wut

Watching the rebroadcast of the stream. What are the forge leaks they are talking about? They mentioned things from a polygon video. 

Edit: Also, the H5 forge team consistently out preforms the rest of the teams at 343. They are able to do more with (what feels like) less time, while always giving the community what they want. 

Watching the rebroadcast of the stream. What are the forge leaks they are talking about? They mentioned things from a polygon video. 

Edit: Also, the H5 forge team consistently embarrasses the rest of the teams at 343. They re able to do more with (what feels like) less time, while always giving the community what they want. 

Hannibal and ONI Wasp.

They also poked fun at Frankie's custom game browser 'leak' later on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wat. Wat. Wat. 

When I picked up the Plasma Rifle in CE, all I could think of was "Alien Assault Rifle". It wasn't weird in any way. It was a counterpart with unique traits, sure, but far from weird, visually. Bar that, how does how someone else wields the weapon make it "less unique" or "more unique". Prometheans pseudo-weld their weapons to their bodies until they die, and wield them with one hand, unlike the player. But appearance isn't what makes the weapon unique. It's the specific traits hardlight weapons have that give it that unique edge; the Lightrifle with its amped damage when zoomed, the Scattershot with its ricocheting, homing projectiles, or the Suppressor with its wind up, and tracking projectiles. 

Rifle_de_plasma_Hce.png

What rifle, either current or historical, looks like this? Or functions like it?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Your forge skills never cease to impress.

Do you have any new :intel: regarding how H5 runs on PC? I don't have the patience to wait until Thursday.

When I saw it 3ish months ago, it ran like dick on everything except the 4k machines in the office. Anything less and the game chugged. Haven't seen it since then but I can't imagine it's gotten tremendously better.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

When I saw it 3ish months ago, it ran like dick on everything except the 4k machines in the office. Anything less and the game chugged. Haven't seen it since then but I can't imagine it's gotten tremendously better.

Okay, interesting. To me, it seems like a lazy port. I'm not 100% sure of this, but the Gamespot footage that was shown about a week ago brought up some concerns. Foliage pop in is terrible, and seems to be the same as the Xbox setting. Distant player animations also seem to render at 30fps or lower, like it was done on Xbox due to resource constraints. Now, this is pure speculation from what I saw, as maybe the game was not running at maximum settings.

The recommended system specs seem wildly off though. A GTX 970 for [email protected]? That's crazy when comparing it to Xbox hardware. The 970 has nearly 3x the computational power of the Xbox One's GPU; however, they are not directly comparable as AMD cards typically have more teraflops at roughly equivalent graphical capabilities as Nvidia. The R9 390x is roughly equivalent with the 970 in terms of graphical performance, but has nearly 6 teraflops - almost 5 times as much as the Xbox.

Okay, interesting. To me, it seems like a lazy port. I'm not 100% sure of this, but the Gamespot footage that was shown about a week ago brought up some concerns. Foliage pop in is terrible, and seems to be the same as the Xbox setting. Distant player animations also seem to render at 30fps or lower, like it was done on Xbox due to resource constraints. Now, this is pure speculation from what I saw, as maybe the game was not running at maximum settings.

The recommended system specs seem wildly off though. A GTX 970 for [email protected]? That's crazy when comparing it to Xbox hardware. The 970 has nearly 3x the computational power of the Xbox One's GPU; however, they are not directly comparable as AMD cards typically have more teraflops at roughly equivalent graphical capabilities as Nvidia. The R9 390x is roughly equivalent with the 970 in terms of graphical performance, but has nearly 6 teraflops - almost 5 times as much as the Xbox.

We dont know the exact settings just yet. Lets not forget Halo 5 on the xbox isnt even running on true 1080p 60fps on the xbox one either. 

We dont know the exact settings just yet. Lets not forget Halo 5 on the xbox isnt even running on true 1080p 60fps on the xbox one either. 

It can reach true 1080p, but it probably only happens in Arena or campaign corridors.

Rifle_de_plasma_Hce.png

What rifle, either current or historical, looks like this? Or functions like it?

The CE sandbox probably has twice the utility of H5 while being about a 1/4 of the size.  I would guess >90% of halo fans do not realize this. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

It can reach true 1080p, but it probably only happens in Arena or campaign corridors.

I've seen IGN say it can go as low at 810p lol

Maybe requirements seem high because they think you are going to max out all the settings. Halo 5 on xbox has barely any Anti-aliasing. I assume you can crank up the settings wayy more on PC.

I've seen IGN say it can go as low at 810p lol

Maybe requirements seem high because they think you are going to max out all the settings. Halo 5 on xbox has barely any Anti-aliasing. I assume you can crank up the settings wayy more on PC.

Hopefully the settings are worthwhile. I have my doubts due to what I described above though. What bothers me the most about H5's graphics, is how they chose to almost completely abstain from using AF/texture filtering. As a result every texture looks like smeared shit at obtuse angles.

Honestly, they could have made it look better, even with the Xbones weak hardware. Hell, even Forza Horizon on 360 was 720p with 4xMSAA at a locked 30fps.

For those that saw the live stream today... what do you think of the magnum with the full screen 2x zoom? Am I the only one that wishes it could have been our default magnum?

Okay, after doing a retest, it looks like I was wrong about the Gunfighter Magnum's fire-rate.

It's actually a 0.25 second delay per shot instead of a 0.2 second delay like I thought.

The perfect kill time is 1 second, not 0.8 seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay, after doing a retest, it looks like I was wrong about the Gunfighter Magnum's fire-rate.

It's actually a 0.25 second delay per shot instead of a 0.2 second delay like I thought.

The perfect kill time is 1 second, not 0.8 seconds.

video?

Do we have a new starting weapon to beg for  :walshy:

Also, what about the tactical magnum?