CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

They're usually right on time with their streams.

If finally starts after being 15 minutes late. Got to wait 6 more minutes.  :kappa:

343's covenant's art style is inspired by aquatic life... 

Which sucks because the covenant aren't really unique as much as they used to. 

Remember when you picked up the plasma rifle for the first time, and you looked at it, it was weird, it looked different it, you admired it's uniqueness.

Now we have the storm rifle, it has lost it's uniqueness, you hold it the same way as the assault rifle and so do the covenant. 

They have lost their originality, maybe the vehicles are alright. 

Wat. Wat. Wat. 

When I picked up the Plasma Rifle in CE, all I could think of was "Alien Assault Rifle". It wasn't weird in any way. It was a counterpart with unique traits, sure, but far from weird, visually. Bar that, how does how someone else wields the weapon make it "less unique" or "more unique". Prometheans pseudo-weld their weapons to their bodies until they die, and wield them with one hand, unlike the player. But appearance isn't what makes the weapon unique. It's the specific traits hardlight weapons have that give it that unique edge; the Lightrifle with its amped damage when zoomed, the Scattershot with its ricocheting, homing projectiles, or the Suppressor with its wind up, and tracking projectiles. 

The only thing I can complain about for the Covenant is how much of a matte purple tone they have, now, vehicle wise. Halo 4 nailed it with the bluish purple tint and shiny, vibrant, hexagonal design. Now, they're just... "Bland". The Temple vehicles, and to a point, Ultra Vehicles remedy this with the shine they have, and such. Beautiful coloration.

Be honest, can you tell me you've seen a map like Truth, with its pseudo organic, but also metallic appearance anywhere else in previous Covenant palettes? The only place I can name like that is the Harvester from Halo 4. It's a super unique and cool style. The art style's good, bar certain changes from Halo 4, to Halo 5.

When 343 can't even have a stream without technical difficulties, it's no longer a surprise why their games are broken.

Every single time there is audio crackling, hissing or echoes. Lol, just lol @343

• Upvote (+1) 6

So yeah, they still didn't disable notification or fixed audio problems after how many streams now?

Notifications is an issue with the Xbox dev kits, as Bravo said.

Since they mentioned the Warthog, I now have a reason to complain about it. Ever since 343 took over, many things have been changed for the sake of change, and the art style/design took a turn for the worst, in the sense that it is no longer as unique.

343's Warthog, features a chassis that resembles that of a modern day vehicle. What I mean is that it has shock absorbers and a drivetrain that is found on basically every truck out there. Bungies chassis was more futuristic, with each wheel having independent mount arms, with what i can assume to be independent drives. I see no reason why this had to be changed; 343 could have added more detail to the model, similarly to how the the Warthog looks like in H2A, but while keeping the old chassis.

warthog-forza-3.jpg

N4ca99D.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

Since they mentioned the Warthog, I now have a reason to complain about it.

I can get some complaints pertaining to 343i's art style, but if it took them mentioning the Warthog, 4 years after it was changed to get that type of complaint, then to me, that's just a nitpick to the highest degree.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Notifications is an issue with the Xbox dev kits, as Bravo said.

Oh ok, didn't catch that. Well, I guess I can change it to "They still didn't fix the notification issue in how many months?" lol

(directed at the xbox team and not 343i this time)

I can get some complaints pertaining to 343i's art style, but if it took them mentioning the Warthog, 4 years after it was changed to get that type of complaint, then to me, that's just a nitpick to the highest degree.

I don't get the nitpicking about the art style. 343's art for Halo is different from Bungie's to be certain, but a lot of it comes from the basis of it being disliked simply because it isn't Bungie's.

Thoughts on Mercy? It looks to play well from a layout and movement perspective, but the power weapons that are currently on it don't seem to fit. The beam rifle on open ramp is fine (like snipe there on H4), but SAW being on map is odd. The hammer in the fountain underneat closed ramp is a nice aesthetic touch. I was hoping for an all Covenant themed power weapon setup.

Heh, even they acknowledge that autos are OP. Will anything change? Probably not.

I noticed it back in H4, but never really mentioned it. I mean it's not that major of a complaint, but changing the design just for artistic liberty is pretty stupid imo. Besides, electrical drives powered by a hydrogen engine make much more sense 500 years in the future.

Imagine, for one glorious moment, a Tom French and Hardy LeBel team up.

Teapot's brain nearly fried trying to comprehend that.

• Upvote (+1) 4