CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Aggressive Expansion's the one with three strongholds on the icon. Might need to get a BTB fam-fest rolling.  No way in hell I'm doing them in normal Arena, given that just pushes me to the idea of jumping off of a bridge.

I've found that the Expansion one is easier to get in Arena over BTB as well as getting multiple ones in a single game. It might be different with a full party though.

Speaking of BTB, I starting to really get sick of these fucking stat padding douchebags. Half my team is gone, but let's not score the flag to end the game until a minute or less is left on the clock. It happens at least once a day and it's usually the same group of people.

Speaking of BTB, I starting to really get sick of these fucking stat padding douchebags. Half my team is gone, but let's not score the flag to end the game until a minute or less is left on the clock. It happens at least once a day and it's usually the same group of people.

Yeah, I've encountered them as well. Quite the group of dinks. 

This was just posted by a pretty big youtuber. We can expect it to blow up and get a few hundred thousand views in a few days. 

Personally I'm pretty split on whatever message this video is trying to send -- I agree that 343i deserves a lot of criticism for the way they've approached Halo but I'm not sure if this video conveys it effectively at all. And more importantly, it seems as though it's just ragging on random shit that 343i does differently than Bungie (that E3 showcase thing...who gives a fuck?) and mixing it in with legitimate criticisms (the big ones being MCC and lack of H5 splitscreen). 

Also seems like it's trying to paint Bungie as these angelic developers who can't make a mistake because they were so "passionate" or whatever. It's weird revisionist history when the H2 cliffhanger is being portrayed as this amazing thing when it got SO much hate back then, idk. 

Thoughts?

Bungie gave us something special, even in reach you can't say it wasn't fun, custom games was a blast, you would invite a friend, and that friend would invite more friends, and their friends would invite more, and it was a MASSIVE party. Every game felt special, but the mistakes they made were........ weird, but we still loved, and played the crap out of their brilliant games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Seeing all these people with the Mythos book is really disheartening when you live in Australia.

It's like getting kicked in the teeth. 

New Covenant pieces for the update.

Crrv4XSVYAElVoC.jpg

Crrv5UkVMAA6wQa.jpg

Anyway, does anyone else dislike the way that everything Covenant now looks like it's made out of clay and that it's melting? Really could have changed the Covenant Remnant aesthetic without doing this. It's just ugly... and not in a good way.

343 Art team... please. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Crrv4XSVYAElVoC.jpg

Crrv5UkVMAA6wQa.jpg

Anyway, does anyone else dislike the way that everything Covenant now looks like it's made out of clay and that it's melting? Really could have changed the Covenant Remnant aesthetic without doing this. It's just ugly... and not in a good way.

343 Art team... please. 

343's covenant's art style is inspired by aquatic life... 

Which sucks because the covenant aren't really unique as much as they used to. 

Remember when you picked up the plasma rifle for the first time, and you looked at it, it was weird, it looked different it, you admired it's uniqueness.

Now we have the storm rifle, it has lost it's uniqueness, you hold it the same way as the assault rifle and so do the covenant. 

They have lost their originality, maybe the vehicles are alright. 

snip

snip

343 Art team... please. 

in all truthfullness... yes it looks like shit. 

really.  That phantom looks like giant turd weighing 343,000.0912 Katie Courics. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is Damage dealt, what you give or take?

Because im confused

Damage you give but I think it has been iffy for a little while.

Damage you give but I think it has been iffy for a little while.

That's what I thought. Because I just went 25-0 in swat and my DD was 0.

Playing on my second account. Got gold 5. I'm a high onxy player on swat. My best mode. Just checked my lda for the mode and it's 17.3. Yet I'm only a gold 5. I know its only because of the standard I'm playing against but make me play better players.

I don't get this game, I clearly need to play against better players, yet the amoumt of poor skilled players that get put in diamond and plat is silly.

Would anyone be interested in an "official communication from 343" summary post?

Basically gathering up replies from Waypoint / Twitter each week and summarizing them here or in its own thread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's what I thought. Because I just went 25-0 in swat and my DD was 0.

I believe it doesn't calculate damage dealt until you die (presumably it's done on a life by life basis then totalled at the end), so finishing a game without dying will result in no damage stat being calculated.

yet the amoumt of poor skilled players that get put in diamond and plat is silly.

Very true. I got put in Diamond 3 and climbed up into Diamond 5, and it's getting unbearable getting the worst teammates. I'm occasionally getting matched with Onyx 1500's but they aren't that good, and everyone just uses autos. I don't even want to play anymore because of it.

Would anyone be interested in an "official communication from 343" summary post?

Basically gathering up replies from Waypoint / Twitter each week and summarizing them here or in its own thread.

Yeah I would be down for that!

I believe it doesn't calculate damage dealt until you die (presumably it's done on a life by life basis then totalled at the end), so finishing a game without dying will result in no damage stat being calculated.

That's impossible, I've gotten a few perfections in doubles recently and damage dealt was reasonable. I've noticed that the stat tends to break when some player quits during the game instead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's impossible, I've gotten a few perfections in doubles recently and damage dealt was reasonable. I've noticed that the stat tends to break when some player quits during the game instead.

And so the plot thickens. This is good to know!