CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Instead of nerfing the automatics, why not leave them alone and buff the precision weapons?

Make the DMR a 4sk

Give the BR tighter spread and higher RoF

Make the pistol a 4sk and increase its range

A powerful sandbox is a good thing.

That is a solution, but we should also go about nerfing the DMR and BR in terms of ease of use. There's no reason to use the Magnum at medium range because the BR and DMR are so much easier.

So just watched Ghandi's video...

He is blaming the issues of H2A on the maps and gametypes set up by 343. First off I don't think anyone is saying H5 should be striving to be H2A and second the tweaks needed to make H2A very competitive are much less than H5. If the aim difficulty was that of Halo 5 and we had more maps to work with I would say H2A is much more competitive.

His points in the middle are pretty interesting. I wouldn't be opposed to testing out different movement speeds based on which weapon is out...

BUT his last point... Don't like that at all. I just can't get behind being able to mark enemy players even if you shot them...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I get matched with fucking morons who go 1-13 and somehow they have a semi pro rank? How?

This ranking system sucks.

It is a system designed to keep you in the tier you placed into. I think it's just very different then we are used to.

Go on...

Fucking dolts are getting high rankings. I just lost a game 50-24 where I was the only one not to get absolutely demolished. My teammates actually had a higher rank than me but had less wins, a lower KDA. HOW

It is a system designed to keep you in the tier you placed into. I think it's just very different then we are used to.

Which is funny because so many people hated rank lock in H3. This system needs work. Way too many trash cans in semi pro/pro.

The point I was making was, we have individuals such as the one I posted above, asking why he is being "descopped" when trying to kill someone.  The reason for "descope" is to make the game more competitive/challenging.  The "younger/newer" community members, who I persume this individual is a part of, does not understand why "descope" would be integrated into the game, because he feels such a feature takes away from him getting a kill.  As we saw with H4, non-descope or "flinch" makes getting kills an easier task.  Thus making my point, that the "newer" community (Post H3) does not understand what Halo 1, 2 and 3 was like, and why the majority members of this site continue to push for more "traditional" gameplay.  Which illustrates why, in my opinion, we will most likely never get back to what we knew and loved about Halo multiplayer gameplay. 

Moreover, in no way did I say that the community was "100% perfect" back in the day, but I do feel confident saying that the commmunity "back in the day" was more intuned to what made Halo Multiplayer gameplay legendary, and unique, compared to other FPS. 

Just feels that we have a split community in present time.  A group of "H1-H3" members and a group of "Reach-present" members, in which the "Reach-present" members do not fully understand why a large number of "H1-H3" members are constantly disappointed and strongly voice our opinions of disproval. 

That is all that my post was try to indicate.

I've always seen this community as fragmented. There are those who hate all subsequent halos after halo one, or those who only like one and two, or just 3. Thing is every halo except for one got hated on by people to some degree, even in the original trilogy.

It's also a bit odd that you're looking at one person who doesn't like descope, most on waypoint wanted descope back, everyone has different opinions in a gaming community, what matters is who is the majority, and I doubt any one of us actually knows who the majority is.

Fucking dolts are getting high rankings. I just lost a game 50-24 where I was the only one not to get absolutely demolished. My teammates actually had a higher rank than me but had less wins, a lower KDA. HOW

Which is funny because so many people hated rank lock in H3. This system needs work. Way too many trash cans in semi pro/pro.

Gandhi shares his thoughts on the beta, keeps it pretty real:

I usually fully agree with Gandhi on many of his videos, but I only got out of that one "try out increasing the damage of the DMR and BR" and dont make it possible to jump to top mid on midship -- with that stuff Im cool.

HOWEVER,  He is ok with sprint and wants to be able to highlight players on the map like in GOW3?

That sounds like more reasons that I will not purchase H5. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

No one is going to see a dramatic change they can't just scrap what they have. They have already worked on this game for 1 year...too much time lost, the beta we are playing will basically be the full game. I won't be buying, hate to be like everyone else but it's exactly like cod and destiny. At that point im gonna go play cod where the population is very high.

TO EVERYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE RANKING SYSTEM

I think the problem is the 10 games you have to play to get ranked. I think this needs to be upped to maybe 20 or even higher. 10 games just isn't enough to properly analyze a players skill level. That's why I'm seeing some players ranked Onyx and Semi-Pro who are atrocious. Hopefully it was set to only 10 games because its a beta.

He's been playing and watching too much COD to be giving sprint a pass like that. His views on competitive halo are all over the place to me, some things I agree with and some make no sense.

And LOL at the last quote about "I've been playing halo since", it's exactly how I felt about that one guys post I quoted.

After Pistola's broken hand donation we should start something for Gandhi's herpes.

Seriously though I really feel he feels he knows whats best for Halo, then I hear him make numerous points that are just odd to me. I really wouldn't like to see him get absorbed into 343 because I honestly cannot tell what direction he wants Halo to go into. He seems like the kinda guy who just wants to incorporate features from other games simply because they're in other games, and that's a pretty big reason why Halo is so shitty now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

TO EVERYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE RANKING SYSTEM

20 seems to much. The biggest complaint with Reach's Arena system was that it took to long to be placed. Sure we can play these games in one setting unlike Reach but making us play more for a placement is probably not the best solution

I'm wondering though if that is more a symptom of them getting placed there early on. You know what I mean? Like if they hopped in the beta right when it went live, grinded through their placement matches, won all of them (carried or not) they may have very well been in the top tier of current players who had  10 placement matches completed. Given enough time I imagine they would sink back into a more appropriate division.

20 seems to much. The biggest complaint with Reach's Arena system was that it took to long to be placed. Sure we can play these games in one setting unlike Reach but making us play more for a placement is probably not the best solution

Wasn't Reach's Arena placing system an everyday thing though? I'm talking about just your first 20 matches.

Everytime I read this game sucks, I played one game.. I just can't help but want to roll my eyes like some girl. FFS shut up. That doesn't bring any criticism. Oh this is true halo. Whatever people say. If you don't want to play the game and give them constructive criticism cool, but nobody cares about your one game brigade into "I hate this game I wanted to shove my xbox up my anus so I don't have to play it again" 

Really tired of the community posting shit like this on these forums lol. If we can get things like flinch and AR nerfed and a couple of other features fixed, tuned, removed the game could be a good game. It'd be a different Halo, but still Halo in name and can be played like so.The game still has skillgap. I'm sure if you play one game of that you can realize that. Sprint will probably not be removed no matter what we say but maybe we can work around that. The core game isn't really that bad. I'm sure some of you that post this shit are getting your neg cannons ready, don't care. Personally I can't play MCC for the next 5 to 10 years. If you can? Great. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I liked Ghandi's idea for faster movement with the pistol and slower movement with weapons like the BR and DMR. Would definitely prefer that to sprint.

Also can he really not take 7 mins out of his day to sit down and make a video? He has to do it in his car? That's such a horrible idea.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly can't take any prominent figure in the halo community seriously with their opinions. It just seems like they want jobs at 343.

And that ghandi video just proves my point when he D rides Quinn at the end.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Teammate lags out, lose 3-4 by 5 kills and lose a lot of "rank points" or whatever they are called. Why can't people join back if they lag out? Never understood why this wasn't a feature of a Halo game.

Edit: Also thruster needs to be nerfed or removed imo, you shoot someone and they just thrust away behind a wall almost everytime, they never get punished for being in a bad position. I think this game would play so much better without thruster/sprint, but it just won't happen =\.