CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Mantis Breakout is fine, the map for tank world is just too big and you often end up with 2 people left on complete opposite sides of the map driving slowly around trying to find each other.

Tankworld is why I don't play Action Sack.

I wish they had put fun game modes in, instead Riftball is one of the best ones.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Andrew? sweet, now I don't have to call him Arg. What the fuck kinda name is argrgrggrgrggrrrrg anyway, can never say it right.

343 really needs to fix the way the quit bans work. There is absolutely zero reason why I should get banned for 40 minutes because I quit TWO games in the span of 16 hours. It is absolutely ridiculous. I thought Reach's quit probation system worked fine, but H5's is just insane. Banning people for 20 minutes because they quit a single match doesn't incentivize people not to quit, it just makes them not want to play Arena. At the very least give us some sort of surrender option or something, good fucking god.

I disagree, quitting twice in the span of a day and receiving a ban makes sense to me. The duration could be a bit shorter, but I'm sure its severe because of previous stacked bans.

The issues with the banning system (IMO) are:

• Ban Durations
  • Ban "Cooldown" (If I haven't quit a game in a month, my first quit shouldn't be 50 minutes, etc.)
  • Disconnect Severity (Disconnects should not be treated as strongly as Quits, although they should be accounted for)

I will say this though, from what I could remember, I never remember experiencing a ban from previous Halo games (I also don't quit much, so there's that). I think Halo 5 does punish Quitters, which is good, I just think they need to slightly refine the system rather than overhauling it entirely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't bring myself to open that link. If I have to read how "Halo 5 is the most balanced Halo game to date" one more damn time I might explode. 

It's the most immersive.  Kappa

Played a few games yesterday, 3v4 one game and then had the same random team mate go 2 and 15 in two games. Thats about 10 wins in a row to get back...

I can't bring myself to open that link. If I have to read how "Halo 5 is the most balanced Halo game to date" one more damn time I might explode. 

it's actually not for once lol

I saw the same thread yesterday on Waypoint. I couldn't get past the first page. 

Halo 5 is the most balanced halo game to date  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just wanna see some explosions

343 really needs to fix the way the quit bans work. There is absolutely zero reason why I should get banned for 40 minutes because I quit TWO games in the span of 16 hours. It is absolutely ridiculous. I thought Reach's quit probation system worked fine, but H5's is just insane. Banning people for 20 minutes because they quit a single match doesn't incentivize people not to quit, it just makes them not want to play Arena. At the very least give us some sort of surrender option or something, good fucking god.

Quit bans only punish the victims of a quit. The guy losing teammates can either get destroyed and try to hide or quit and get the same penalty he didn't deserve. The guys on the other team are bored out of their minds trying to find the remaining players for 12 minutes. Its just such a shitty system.

Quit bans only punish the victims of a quit. The guy losing teammates can either get destroyed and try to hide or quit and get the same penalty he didn't deserve. The guys on the other team are bored out of their minds trying to find the remaining players for 12 minutes. Its just such a shitty system.

All our bitching is falling on deaf ears.   I can't tell you how many times I've seen this same post posted here.   Same message, different words in different order.  

Same goes for aiming, radar, sprint, autos, sniper, matchmaking party vs solo..... the list goes on and on   

What do we get?   Spartan laser balance and guns moved around on map.  No real meaningful change for the better. 

I honestly don't expect much more than maps, gun placement, and new reqs at this point.    I don't think we will ever get the Halo 5 1.1 update like Halo 2 got.  It's just not going to happen.  MAYBE, and that's a big maybe, we'll get a classic playlist. (Hopefully Evolved settings)

I would love to know what happened during the production of H5 that caused the game to come out so bare bones. I know that it has been hinted that there were pretty major changes at some point in production, but I don't think we have ever found out what. Gears essentially had the same dev time, and they aren't having to hold any features until after launch. 

This is the funniest thing I've ever read.

Okay so the thread is about Halo 5 being addicting. Alright, makes sense. A game with microtransactions designed specifically for you to shell out money or play the game nonstop to unlock what you want, would definitely be addicting initially.

But he talks about how horrible of an experience Breaking Bejamin's lead singer had with Halo 5 and how the fans bombarded him with hatemail until he deleted the Instagram post, as if it was some sort of 'victory' for Halo fans to do that.

At first it really sounded like, he was going to set a better example for Waypoint and stick up for him, or at least try to apologize. No he just tells him his music sucks and he wishes he never provided it for Halo 2... (which, okay? it's not even in the remastered game...) He genuinely believes the way he responded was some sort of valued contribution.

If anyone would like to put a Beyond company Warzone Assault lobby together tonight, I'll be on and trying to knock out some of these gold packs before the September 8th update. Got about 40 to go I think. Let me know if you're down to chip away at our company commendations and help make my WA experience actually be fun. I'll def appreciate the company.

I expect to be on around 12:00am est (dat Hawaii life)

What about when you finish the game and you get the, lost connection to server message then banned.

You need a second account just to grind this game

Guys I need urgent help!!

Playing terrible. Shot has gone, playing feels unnatural, movement is clumsy and can't win a 1v1 for the life of me.

Normally My acc is around 60% and damage delt is 2,000 now I'm 30-35% and low 1,000.

Can't get hot and just feel weird playing.

I'm really in the mood to play aswell!!

Also, why can't I dodge rockets for the life of me and I can't get a kill with the things!