CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Quiet, you.

I saw a post on youtube ranting about proper halo mechanics with a system shock avy and I though to myself, this could be someone I know... 

Looks like it was a good guess. 

I tired to use forge for the first time. Why is it so complicated?

Also, can breakout be ranked again. Only thing I've got to champion on :(

It's not technically complicated once you get used to it, it's just what happens when something gets more and more advanced.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

was it only at the start of the August season that Breakout was no longer ranked? i honestly didn't even notice till i read that post haha

I tired to use forge for the first time. Why is it so complicated?

It becomes second nature after a while, but the complexity is down to sheer amount of awesome new stuff 343's Forge team added for H5. Things like scripting, sound FX, visual FX, making cameras that can move, reference colours, etc.

Luckily the basic coordinate editing and rotation is very simple. Spend an hour or two just getting muscle memory built up for that, then follow up by learning which objects are kept under each menu and you'll find yourself growing comfortable with it quite quickly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow, Husky Raid is bad. Not only do snipers spawn very frequently, but it's also completely broken with being able to block every spawn, lol.

Wow, Husky Raid is bad. Not only do snipers spawn very frequently, but it's also completely broken with being able to block every spawn, lol.

I ran into a squad doing this earlier today who was with someone from 343.

:sleeping:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tank world is the most boring thing I've ever played, can't believe I'm dashboarding in action sack.

Tank world is the most boring thing I've ever played, can't believe I'm dashboarding in action sack.

Tank World and Mantis Breakout are really not made for Action Sack. Your probably playing the sack for fun, not to sit around and watch your teammates get slaughtered because you got teamed

I ran into a squad doing this earlier today who was with someone from 343.

:sleeping:

That is really sad. I doubt they would be testing for a glitch in a game with randoms. Then again I haven't seen them successfully "test" a map before so you never know

I would like to put down on record my prediction of H3A:

Release: Fall 2017

Similar to CEA (Essentially DLC for H5)

Multiplayer only

No sprint, No Spartan abilities. H3 BR, assault rifle, and sniper (other weapons as well, but not all)

HCS season/HWC of 2017 use H3A settings. 

Maps: Narrows, Pit, Guardian,and 2-3 more. (H5 forge capabilities)

Reason: it makes too much sense and is easy money for them. (Fall 2017 should be a down year for a Halo release anyways)

Wish list: H3 BR stays projectile but loses random spread.  

Personally, I think there is a 75% chance something like this happens.

Release: Fall 2017

Similar to CEA (Essentially DLC for H5)

Multiplayer only

No sprint, No Spartan abilities. H3 BR, assault rifle, and sniper (other weapons as well, but not all)

HCS season/HWC of 2017 use H3A settings. 

Maps: Narrows, Pit, Guardian,and 2-3 more. (H5 forge capabilities)

Reason: it makes too much sense and is easy money for them. (Fall 2017 should be a down year for a Halo release anyways)

Wish list: H3 BR stays projectile but loses random spread.  

Personally, I think there is a 75% chance something like this happens.

Maybe. They may just remake the game and sell it for 60 bucks like skyrim.  

343 should do the right thing and outsource the project to Bungie.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Here's an interesting hypothetical for discussion. Suppose you have CLG on controllers and the best CSGO or Overwatch team on KB+M. The CSGO or Overwatch team has 24 hours with Halo 5 to learn the game. Who wins? I vote CLG. I think their positioning, teamshooting, and spawn knowledge will more than make up for the absurd precision you'd see from the CSGO / Overwatch teams. Your thoughts?

Here's an interesting hypothetical for discussion. Suppose you have CLG on controllers and the best CSGO or Overwatch team on KB+M. The CSGO or Overwatch team has 24 hours with Halo 5 to learn the game. Who wins? I vote CLG. I think their positioning, teamshooting, and spawn knowledge will more than make up for the absurd precision you'd see from the CSGO / Overwatch teams. Your thoughts?

Honestly, I don't think the shooting skill gap in this game is larger enough for keyboard/mouse to be a major factor. Though, it's funny to see Xbox One magnitudes of hilarious bullet magnetism on the PC version.

Obviously people who haven't played the game nearly as much wouldn't have a chance against the top team, it's not really fair.

Obviously people who haven't played the game nearly as much wouldn't have a chance against the top team, it's not really fair.

24 hours isn't enough, you're right. Let's say 1 month. Does that change it?

24 hours isn't enough, you're right. Let's say 1 month. Does that change it?

Depends. How determined are these players? They've got to want to win, and have good communication and knowledge of the map.

If so, they'll definitely be able to take on CLG. The aiming is much better with a kb/m.

Tank World and Mantis Breakout are really not made for Action Sack. Your probably playing the sack for fun, not to sit around and watch your teammates get slaughtered because you got teamed

Mantis Breakout is fine, the map for tank world is just too big and you often end up with 2 people left on complete opposite sides of the map driving slowly around trying to find each other.

343 really needs to fix the way the quit bans work. There is absolutely zero reason why I should get banned for 40 minutes because I quit TWO games in the span of 16 hours. It is absolutely ridiculous. I thought Reach's quit probation system worked fine, but H5's is just insane. Banning people for 20 minutes because they quit a single match doesn't incentivize people not to quit, it just makes them not want to play Arena. At the very least give us some sort of surrender option or something, good fucking god.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1