CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

the look speed looks really weird

is this no telephone?

On another note, the game seems to run ok or at least in that video...   Still not sold on the rumors that only high end PCs can run it. 

lol Moa will prolly shoot down that idea pretty quick.  I already tried it and he treated me like an idiot for some reason.  I guess its just too logical for 343 like minded folks. 

I didn't treat you like an idiot at all. You looked at the press release, even quoted it, and then mentioned that it had a customs browser, while triple posting. I said no to the customs browser and said "holy shit, don't triple post" or something along those lines.

You then asked what it was, despite already quoting what it was in your original post, so I copied and pasted it for you.

If this is basically just a test for bringing Halo 6 to PC, they need to realize that they have to tone down/remove bullet magnetism and allow for FoV adjustments. 

While they're at it, remove melee lunge from both versions. Even if they do melee combat like Overwatch, which is no lunge but a pretty forgiving melee hitbox, that would be so much better than what we have.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm just hoping for graphic quality options. My PC isn't great, I'm just hoping I will be able to tweak the game, so I can get at least 30fps.

What GPU you running? I'm looking to sell an old 970 of mine. 

I'm just hoping for graphic quality options. My PC isn't great, I'm just hoping I will be able to tweak the game, so I can get at least 30fps.

h5forge-recommended-spec-sheet--dd86eb67

I didn't treat you like an idiot at all. You looked at the press release, even quoted it, and then mentioned that it had a customs browser, while triple posting. I said no to the customs browser and said "holy shit, don't triple post" or something along those lines.

You then asked what it was, despite already quoting what it was in your original post, so I copied and pasted it for you.

You just posted, "let the speculation begin"   My original post about the halo app having a customs browser was speculation in the first place.  That's what I got from there description of it, and why I quoted there description of it, to see if anyone else got the same vibe that it would be more than just a game launcher.  And you proceeded to leave the following sarcastic response: 

Uhhh...

"Also launching on Sep 8 alongside Halo 5: Forge on Windows 10 PC will be the brand new Halo app, which lets you quickly and easily find, download, and launch Halo games available on Windows PCs, all while providing players with the latest news, videos, tutorials, featured community content, update notes, and more from across the entire Halo universe."

That?

I'm not sure how you can more blatantly sarcastically/passive aggressively call someone an idiot.  

Oh well.  I guess it took a dev comment to deem speculation appropriate instead of just common sense and simple inference. 

You just posted, "let the speculation begin"   My original post about the halo app having a customs browser was speculation in the first place.  That's what I got from there description of it, and why I quoted there description of it, to see if anyone else got the same vibe that it would be more than just a game launcher.  And you proceeded to leave the following sarcastic response: 

I'm not sure how you can more blatantly sarcastically/passive aggressively call someone an idiot.  

Oh well.  I guess it took a dev comment to deem speculation appropriate instead of just common sense and simple inference. 

I guess you can read it how you want. I didn't intend to make you look like an idiot or call you an idiot. You quoted the text, misunderstood it and I posted it again so you could re-read and hopefully understand it properly the second time around.

Apologies if you misunderstood.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The minimum settings are pretty moderate.  More people will probably be left in the dark because of the OS requirement, not hardware specs.  

After seeing this though, I am even more worried the game will be capped at 60fps.  I hope not. 

Asumming h6 is available for the pc, what would you guys think the chances are that they make pc the competitive platform, and what would happen to the current pros?

The minimum settings are pretty moderate.  More people will probably be left in the dark because of the OS requirement, not hardware specs.  

After seeing this though, I am even more worried the game will be capped at 60fps.  I hope not. 

Yeah, it's looking likely for that. Frankie said this on GAF last year after the split-screen announcement came out.

S8MKC7k.png

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167122840&postcount=531

I assume nothing has change for the PC release.

Asumming h6 is available for the pc, what would you guys think the chances are that they make pc the competitive platform, and what would happen to the current pros?

they would no longer be the current pros.  :)

Yeah, it's looking likely for that. Frankie said this on GAF last year after the split-screen announcement came out.

S8MKC7k.png

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167122840&postcount=531

I assume nothing has change for the PC release.

Oh man that is really sad news.  Oh well.   I guess on the bright side I can use my extra horse power to play at 4k instead of 1080.  Would have loved to spend it on higher frames though. 

The chances below zero...343 is slowly building up a new comp. Community on XBO with their fancy new Halo, forcing this modern Halo to compete with games like CS on their "turf" wont end well

Apparently there's a new map in the slayer playlist called Whitecell MM, did they even announce this?

Apparently there's a new map in the slayer playlist called Whitecell MM, did they even announce this?

Chronomeisters White Cell?  Awesome map if it is!

Chronomeisters White Cell?  Awesome map if it is!

I have no idea, someone I was playing with was talking about it.

Yes. They talked about it a few weeks ago in a weekly update and Quinn announced on Twitter that it was added to just the Slayer playlist the same day Action Sack came out. 

I think the "MM" part is just leftover and means Matchmaking. The map itself is just called Whitecell.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yh, I know the requirements, but you never really know what FPS you are going to get until you run the game. 

As my PC is terrible, I want to see if there is tweak able elements to the game so I can make it run better.

I have been playin regularly and haven't played on it.

I played on it twice over the weekend, actually pretty nice map.  its very small though i find, but bright and symmetrical from what i remember