CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Ok, I really am convinced that's how BTB skillmatches. If you have a high MMR, you get the worst teammates possible. Like, don't even know the buttons yet teammates, and then you play against average opponents.  I just played 9, NINE, games in a row with 6 teammates that just straight up didn't know how to play Halo at all. Just massively negative with zero chance to win.

That was my last bastion.  It's now actually impossible to have fun in this game by myself.  FFA is a dumpster fire of a playlist. Ranked 4v4 will match you exclusively against teams of people that are way better than you, always.  Doubles will match you against 2's and the gameplay is extremely campy. Warzone is a cesspool of statters and farmers partying up.

So I can play Firefight (which isn't even PvP), Fiesta, Infection, and Grifball.  Oh boy.

In the history of Halo, it has never been this difficult to have fun.

• Upvote (+1) 3

x88EMaf.png

It's funny how making fun of silly praising threads or #IMMERSION of Halo 5 is complete heresy, yet making fun of people who criticise this game is completely fine. Jeez, apparently I did something wrong. It's kind of funny how hypocritical people like this are. It's almost palpable. 

Ugh, I feel like TB is the only place I can left off steam about r/halo and its users. Even though I don't post very often and am mostly a lurker... I am so happy I found this place back at the end of 2013.

you can always rely on TB. From my experience, this place is quite chill. 

I like TB because while you tend to have more hardcore/competitive types lurking everywhere you also have a place where its okay to dislike what the developer does. Now you can't just go spouting stupid shit because someone will call you on it eventually around here but people who think of places like the subreddit or the official 343 forums as the norm will see us as unusually or unreasonably negative. The reason for that is because they're used to experiencing what amounts to a curated collection of positivity, hype, and massive amounts of casual (and I don't mean casual in the sense of gameplay) misinformation. We have a bit of that last bit around here too. The result though is a warped point of view. It's simply not okay to be honest at times in those places. Generally this place is a lot more realistic even if a tad negative but what can you expect when surrounded by people with many years of disappointment under their belt. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

you can always rely on TB. From my experience, this place is quite chill. 

Yup. It's cool here.

That MalevolentFerret is such a biased and over exaggerating weirdo. Seriously, all I did was post on a thread praising Halo 5 which was "OMG I LUV HALO 5, KARMA PLS THANKS GUIZ". I usually wouldn't have done that, but the I had seen the OP going around in other threads calling it a circlejerk and then he makes that fucking post. Made me giggle.

Then I get accused of...

* Telling everyone of the nasty Halo 5 circlejerk and how nobody criticises it. - No I didn't. Just because I make fun of a post like that, it doesn't mean I'm attacking anything.

* You can say nice things about the game, and I'm still allowed to criticise it, just like he criticises complaints.

* Circlejerking on here isn't funny? Weird. I have seen tons of posts from him doing the EXACT same thing. Oh. NOW it's not funny/

* Keep up my cringy little counterjerk on Halocirclejerk? Huh, I thought that place was for anyone and anything like that? Guess it's dumb now because I'm pointing out the opposite circlejerk.

I like TB because while you tend to have more hardcore/competitive types lurking everywhere you also have a place where its okay to dislike what the developer does. Now you can't just go spouting stupid shit because someone will call you on it eventually around here but people who think of places like the subreddit or the official 343 forums as the norm will see us as unusually or unreasonably negative. The reason for that is because they're used to experiencing what amounts to a curated collection of positivity, hype, and massive amounts of casual (and I don't mean casual in the sense of gameplay) misinformation. We have a bit of that last bit around here too. The result though is a warped point of view. It's simply not okay to be honest at times in those places. Generally this place is a lot more realistic even if a tad negative but what can you expect when surrounded by people with many years of disappointment under their belt. 

This place really is not that negative compared to waypoint.  At least here there are people who put a little more thought into their posts and plenty of quality memes to lighten to mood.

This place really is not that negative compared to waypoint.  At least here there are people who put a little more thought into their posts and plenty of quality memes to lighten to mood.

Stop, think, and listen, before you post a tweet.   Use your brain, use your thoughts, and THEN use your keys.  

Exactly why I came to TB. I used to be on Waypoint until I got fed up with how unreasonable people are, but here people actually use there heads before they post, besides a few people.

I had someone on Waypoint the other day try to tell me the pros ruined Halo 5.

I had someone on Waypoint the other day try to tell me the pros ruined Halo 5.

Well technically they did ruin the aiming

Doubles is just straight up bad man

Rail has too much ammo

Tier 2 weapons (mainly shotty) have way too much ammo and obviously spawn quickly

So many damn grenades. Halve the grenade count please.

Too many rifles and autos especially since the pace is slower

And finally, just too many weapons. Truth plays soooooooo poorly because of all the power weapons on the map.

I really wish they would limit almost everything for doubles. This is the main reason I liked the doubles playlist on the forge maps. There was so much less garbage. Made spam is probably the worst thing about doubles. Splinters for dayssssss. AND THE MAPS. I played Molten and Ivergrowth for almost half my games.

Sorry fam but I need 4 nade spawns in doubles. Essential for probing areas and keeping people temporarily off your back since you don't have teammates all around you to cover.

Starting to do some brain storming for the first map I am going to forge on PC.   I've always wanted to do a Chillout inspired 4v4 map that is symmetrical instead of asym. 

This is the layout I am planning for:
uYxZnO4.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't see a problem with tb being negative at all. The series is a shell of its former glory and 343 has repeatedly fucked the community. Being positive just let's bad developers off the hook.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't see a problem with tb being negative at all. The series is a shell of its former glory and 343 has repeatedly fucked the community. Being positive just let's bad developers off the hook.

Try saying that on r/halo. Response:

"OMG YOU DUMB FUCK, YOU'RE SO FUCKING DUMB HALOCIRCLEJERK HALOCIRCLEJERK"

Well technically they did ruin the aiming

I wouldn't go as far as to say the pros didn't like the beta aiming, there's just no way. These guys played at a high level and would understand that the current aiming was bad and wouldn't have asked to change it..

I'm going to hope it was just 343i doing what they do best, innovating. :kappa:

And? Waypoint it's just a 3 word response that gets 100+ upvotes.

"I like it."

"I like it."

Probably the most posted thing on waypoint is "Dont like it, dont play it!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

"I like it."

Heh, haven't been there in a while.

I'm only really familiar with "Adapt!" and "Why are you even here if you hate Halo?"

Heh, haven't been there in a while.

I'm only really familiar with "Adapt!" and "Why are you even here if you hate Halo?"

Yeah, they are both still pretty common statements.

Dude. Halo is back and on the rise. Halo 5 is the most balanced and competitive Halo ever and 343 has been giving us TONS of sweet DLC like Molten and Torque for FREE. That's why it has the most Monthly Active™ players since Halo 3 (i.e. the biggest Halo multiplayer population ever). 343 listens to the community and gives us awesome REQs™. That's why we got equal starts (with sweet Spartan Abilities™ for everyone), a tiny motion tracker in competitive settings, decent carnage reports 6 months after launch, and a buff to Hydra spam effectiveness to fine tune the essentially perfect sandbox. If you want to play slow, dated Halo, play Halo 3. Some people will never be satisfied. smh.

:kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Starting to do some brain storming for the first map I am going to forge on PC.   I've always wanted to do a Chillout inspired 4v4 map that is symmetrical instead of asym. 

This is the layout I am planning for:

uYxZnO4.png

Your portal work is going to need to be on point, because pink room is the campiest part of Chill Out and that's the part you're duplicating.  Might also want to think about opening an inward-facing window in the pink halls.  I'm intrigued to see how it turns out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Your portal work is going to need to be on point, because pink room is the campiest part of Chill Out and that's the part you're duplicating.  Might also want to think about opening an inward-facing window in the pink halls.  I'm intrigued to see how it turns out.

I'm not sure if anyone knows how to make the portals in Halo 5 less loud.   It is so loud in some of the maps I've played that you can here it anywhere and you instantly turn when you hear it to check for sneaky flanks. 

I am actually planning on duplicating the shotgun room as each base.   

XPRW5LK.png

Thats a bit of a gross exaggeration, r/halo imo is a great community. Yes they have the tendency to be overly optimistic and positive, but it doesn't come at the harm and blind ignorance you'd see on waypoint. You'll only ever see massive negativity to posts and comments which are overly negative and rude (or borderline rude).

I've had plenty of negative comments get massive numbers of up votes. Yes also the occasional down votes, but anyone who disagrees tends to respond to me in a meaningful and reasoned way. A lot of people will not understand it if you're flat out positing continuous negative rhetoric, with zero constructive and meaningful dialogue.

Heck if I look at the "top" posts of r/halo, outside of what, amazing forge creations and cool custom games. Only actually 1 text post makes it to the top posts, a big critique of Halo 5. https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/419l2x/after_reading_about_the_january_update_ive/

So not sure where this idea that they're always happy and always down vote negative posts comes from, when the only top post in the top 25 most upvoted is a negative critique of Halo 5.

Honestly TB is great for discussion, and I love lurking and reading, and it generally has intelligent Halo players, but r/halo is an important part of the community, raising some good concerns which gets of a lot more viewership, and a place to share community creations, funny posts, memes etc...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You'll only ever see massive negativity to posts and comments which are overly negative and rude (or borderline rude).

Yeah no this is wronger than wrong, and anyone who has spent a decent amount of time over there knows better. 

They will constantly downvote simple criticisms delivered in a neutral tone. It happened to me all the time. 

• Upvote (+1) 3