CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Game sucks... the more I play it the more I hate it.  This isn't Halo.  I doubt I'll play it again this week.  Praying MCC gets working as intended.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Pretty sure the ranks don't work well. Too many great players in gold, too many terrible players in pro/semi pro. Just 50-5 a team with onyx and semi pros. Then had an extremely close game against golds. Something isn't working.

The ranking placement after the first 10 matches is not working properly. I've seen a lot of odd placements after someone's 10 matches.

Game sucks... the more I play it the more I hate it.  This isn't Halo.  I doubt I'll play it again this week.  Praying MCC gets working as intended.

I don't enjoy it either, it just doesn't have that halo feel.... 343 has tried to cater for both comp/casual players and it's a mess, although this is only just beta things can change.

Anyway, Bravo has confirmed updates will be coming out during this beta period for MCC.

I'm liking the changes and I've been around since H1. Came to this forum because I ran across a link on twitter QQing about sprint. I like sprint. Halo just feels too slow without it nowadays. I like the movement in general - clambering, thrusting, hovering. Makes you feel bad ass. Ground pound is cool, shoulder charge is cool. Played with several friends tonight and they all agreed that it felt great. Seeing a lot of "THE COMMUNITY HATES SPRINT!!1!" in this forum. Please understand that the "community" is a lot larger than this website. 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/the-purist-stay-halo-community-is-the-minority/654e21a7-54e0-4e88-b20f-701e331f5324/posts

There you go. You'll feel right at home in that thread. People are a little too logical around here to take your post seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The short part of how I'm feeling: I played it, I loved it, I conquered, it feels like Halo.

Truth is running in circles around the map and looking for people. Only interrupted by running into the middle all 4 minutes to grab an overpowered lightbulb that lets you run around in circles even faster.

Yeah, sprint has positive influence on map design for sure...

• Upvote (+1) 4

I haven't really read this thread for all the feedback, I would assume it's all negative. 

I personally have had a lot of fun playing it. I know sprint and ground pound and all that crap sucks, but I have enjoyed playing it. I would rather have no sprint, etc etc but in the end I think we are stuck with it so I have just tried to have an open mindset. It is pretty fun to play in general, but it seems to me that it would only be fun to play as a casual, competitively there are so many things that should be banned/nerfed. Guess thats why its a beta! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game would be significantly better if sprint were removed and the base movement speed were equal to sprinting speed.

It's still a get out of jail free card, and halo 5 is nothing but wasted potential as long as sprint is in the game code.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The short part of how I'm feeling: I played it, I loved it, I conquered, it feels like Halo.

I like the game, some things need work/removal.

But to say it feels like halo? What Halo are we talking about?(not attacking you, I just don't feel like I am playing Halo at all).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly I like the game and think it's fun but it's better off with a different name cause outside of looks it isn't Halo. I have officially decided to refer to this game as Guardians. Nothing more. Smart scope isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I may be in love with the pistol. It's all I seem to use. Sprint has to go. I sprinted away from someone, regained my shields, turned and raped him in the face. That shouldn't have happened. I should have died for playing dumb but my douchy move saved my ass.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can confirm that CoD kids transition easily into H5 Guardians.   Played with my 15 year old brother who just absolutely sucks at HCE-H3 and grew up on CoD franchise and plays nothing but CoD.... He was rekting in H5.

Played 3 pseudo-halo 5 games last night. Went back to MCC debacle and even as broken as is I enjoyed it 100% more, at least is real halo.

Halo 5 the game for ADHD kids on Ritalin.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly I like the game and think it's fun but it's better off with a different name cause outside of looks it isn't Halo. I have officially decided to refer to this game as Guardians. Nothing more.

I'll be doing the same. "Guardians" just sounds nicer too.

I like the game, some things need work/removal.

But to say it feels like halo? What Halo are we talking about?(not attacking you, I just don't feel like I am playing Halo at all).

I've pretty much been playing the way I played H2-4 and it really feels natural. Only difference is that I just have to change up strategies with the way the game is being played now.

The H5 poll thread needs other options then just Yes or No. For example with the ground pound I don't really care if they keep it in because I never use and I don't think it's all that usefull for now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gameplay:

++ Very much enjoy general gunplay, BR/DMR/pistol scopes felt slightly awkward, but not bad

- lots of difficulty spotting enemies w/ color/texture schemes

- automatics slightly too strong at range

- would like H2A weapon indicators on map

- perhaps too much cover at bases.  I had a couple games with some hardcore camping, the lines between hot spots is long, so pushing is difficult, and w/ sprint/thruster it is too easy for opposition to fall back further

- for a game built on "speed", crouching to get off radar is awful.  would like to see an occasional "blip" like seen in Destiny.

Controls:

- Multiple times accidental ground pound (which I've tried to use once) and clamber- taking me out of firefight.  Read that it was incorrectly mapped on bumper jumper, but still very frustrating- would like to see mechanics like that moved to up/down on d-pad.

Matchmaking/ranking/etc.:

- Maddening.  I get it's just the beta, but I don't think matchmaking has worked since H3, or maybe Reach Arena- so it would not surprise me if it continued.  I understand the population will never be like it was 5-10 years ago, and that makes it more difficult.  But constantly sticking an anchor on a squad to "even things out" doesn't work.  It happens far too frequently and is the biggest fun sink in the game/series, IMO.  It gets to a point where I don't like rolling in anything other than a 4 (which is why I stick to doubles), which keeps me off the game.  I (and I'm sure others) used to add to friends lists frequently in earlier Halo's, people or similar skill that you would always come across and get along with- that just doesn't happen enough anymore- and the cycle continues.

- Spent about 10-15 minutes where 1-2 people would back out pre-game- I assume they looked at ranks/KDs.  Frustrating.  When it's followed up by me getting kicked from game servers towards the end my first "pro" game, and "the quit" bounces my score back to where it was 90 minutes ago?  I feel like I'm wasting my time and should be doing something else.  Given how flaky H2A (and honestly most of my XB1 games) plays, why would I want to invest time into a ranking system that has a good probability of kicking me back to the starting line every time some guy farts in Redmond?

I don't know why this problem and these similar exploits (H:R, H4, H2A all have them) hasn't been sorted out in the last 4 years.  You don't want to severely punish the people ruining games because of the occasional time people get accidentally locked into a game?  Fine.  Don't punish the people who should be picking up a win.  Add a progressive 5 minute quit ban, give the other team a win.

• Upvote (+1) 1