CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Played around 7 games, and I dont feel I have any desire to play more, cant tell if thats because its just a beta or because the game is so un-Halo its depressing me.

I'm going back to GTA on PS4 for a while.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Within that larger audience, most people expect to be able to sprint

Who cares what people "expect"? That doesn't mean it needs to go in the game. He might as well say "we're putting dumb shit in the game to make as much money as possible".

Your version is really blunt but essentially it is correct (in my opinion). I think Halo will make money regardless, but the past few games have seriously been trying to market to an outside audience.

This may have been a success sales wise during the initial launch of a game like Halo 4, but in turn the retention and population numbers have been abysmal. Which is exactly what happens when you alienate your loyal fan base by making too many changes, to chase a demographic that will shelf your game less than a week after buying it.

Game development seems like a really interesting and delicate process.

> Change enough to sell a new game

> Keep enough the same to not piss everyone off. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow, I can't even imagine how great h5 would be without sprint, clamber and the cheese pound on a different button at least.

Your version is really blunt but essentially it is correct (in my opinion). I think Halo will make money regardless, but the past few games have seriously been trying to market to an outside audience.

This may have been a success sales wise during the initial launch of a game like Halo 4, but in turn the retention and population numbers have been abysmal. Which is exactly what happens when you alienate your loyal fan base by making too many changes, to chase a demographic that will shelf your game less than a week after buying it.

Ding ding ding. Winner winner chicken dinner. A perfectly written statement explaining why I've been so aggravated with Halo the past 4 years. 

Gonna type this like I'm talking to 343.

Sprint needs to be gone. Flinch needs to be gone. Floating needs to be gone. Sliding needs to be gone. Ground pound or what ever should take 30 seconds before you can use it again or just get rid of it. Climbing is pretty lame, if I can't jump on it then I shouldn't have to climb on it, that's what positioning ahead is for and what makes hight advantage one of the biggest skill gaps in any shooter period.

Too many pointless sounds that are really distracting like extra loud footsteps, Spartans calling out, and why the fuck do some things (guns,shields...etc) sound like I'm playing with a squeeky toy that I would give to my dog, it's really obnoxious. The sounds should be something I wanna hear for hours and make me want to shoot my gun just to hear the sound. Like duel smg' going off at the same time in halo 2 or double shotting someone. It's the perfect balance between awesome sound and not so obnoxious that it only sounds cool for the first few times then gets annoying. I wanna be able to hear the game for hours and hours and hours! Without getting a headache, something halo 2 and 3 did an amazing job at.

Ugly toaster looking sniper needs to go, it's too rough on the eyed during fast gameplay, the visuals need to be appealing and easy on the eyes, once again so I can play for hours. 343 it seems like you guys find something you really like and put it into the game without realizing it's only gonna be cool for the first time seeing it, almost like the complete opposite of a timeless feature. Whether it be sounds or visuals you guys just seem to throw things in the game and not realizing how fucking obnoxious it's going to be having to deal with something like that in a game that people play for hours! The scope on the BR looks like those G.U.M toothpicks, you know the ones with the fucking hook and string at the end, that needs to go back to the timeless looking design and shape.

That's it so far. I will definitely have more feedback, its 4 am and Im going to bed lol

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thats most likely due to your ping on the American server, all of my games have been played on them.

Oh absolutely, I woke up this morning planning to play all day but I just can't justify it on connections like that. I'll just get way too frustrated. I've had some decent games connection wise though which were somewhat fun.

From what I've gathered (and it honestly wouldn't surprise me) 343 may have increased the levels of aim assist from the early access beta to the public beta.

Can anyone who has played both versions attest to this?

Can't confirm it but it wouldn't surprise me. I've been saying they will do that from the moment I heard it had low aim assist. I guarantee they're doing a bait n switch with it by getting everyone to say "OMG so competitive", and then noobifying it up again and hoping people don't notice.

Call me a conspiracy theorist bit this is 343 we're talking about.

I find it funny how so many of you guys love Clamber even though it only decreases the jumping skill-gap and works as yet another tool to make getting out of bad situations easier.

Can someone give me some insight as to what you're all seeing in it?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pretty sure the ranks don't work well. Too many great players in gold, too many terrible players in pro/semi pro. Just 50-5 a team with onyx and semi pros. Then had an extremely close game against golds. Something isn't working.

Realize that with the system implemented by Menke there will be a "stabilization" period where you might find good people with lower ranks and vice versa(mostly because they had early access and there werent too many people and got pro status), after some time( I think 3 weeks MIGHT be enough), things will stabilize and you will find a lot of matches that are "close". The more the people play the game, the better it will be. I believe this is the ONE THING Halo 5 has 100% correct.

Midship, feels way too big. It feels like half of the maps is just a waste of space, this is one of the many problems with sprint. I actually like the other map more   :unsure:

Also, I'm pro: 

xboxdvr.com/Nades+x/2f184e84-d8c4-4bae-89f8-a9318c975ee1

ya the empire map plays a little better because it isn't gargantuan. i'm not fond of either one though. 

regret has potential so hopefully it delivers. 

Sprint ruined Halo. The mechanics of this game are okay at the core, but sprint breaks them all at once, I played 4 games last night and there were at least 10 times where sprint saved someone and sprint alone. Not only does it slow kill times, but it breaks maps. Midship is HORRIBLE, the clutter and sight lines on that map are such a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You guys are delusional if you think polls and all this crap are going to effect change of any significance.  You're fooling yourself if you think this game will change all that much over the next year.  This thing is 90% done.

Sprint especially isn't going anywhere.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You guys are delusional if you think polls and all this crap are going to effect change of any significance.  You're fooling yourself if you think this game will change all that much over the next year.  This thing is 90% done.

No one really believes sprint will go. Is that a reason not to try at least? What do we have to lose?

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys are delusional if you think polls and all this crap are going to effect change of any significance. You're fooling yourself if you think this game will change all that much over the next year. This thing is 90% done.

I know but it's just nice venting out our frustration at the shit 343 puts out and calls Halo. Halo stopped being halo at the end of halo 3 and the beginning of reach. I'm in love with mcc despite it being broken as fuck but I do think it will eventually be fixed and we'll be able to play things like ranked halo 2 hardcore... Etc

If 343 really wants my feedback fix mcc and add a forge mode and world to halo 2 classic and it will be the greatest game of all time and existence.