CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well the game plays on dedicated servers and they are probably all in the US. I played against some foreign guys so yeah. 

I lost a 49-49 game because out of everyone in the game 1 guy was lagging horribly and he teleported away before I could kill him.

I think if you win all 10 games without an issue, with a lot of kills, you'll get semi-pro at least.

Lost one game, and ended up in Onyx III, so... I believe every time you win, you get 5-15exp for the next tier. While if you lose, you lose 20-80exp.

Went back and forward between Onyx 2 and 3.

I won every game and got Onyx I. After 40 wins I'm almost in Onyx III (I somehow lost 130 points from one game after winding up with a deranker). Your initial placement is determined by the ranks of those you win and lose against, in addition to how many wins. Since I won against gold and onyx (only one semi-pro) I got Onyx I. If I had won 10 games against all Onyx and Semi-Pro, I would have been high Onyx III or Semi-Pro.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I lost a 49-49 game because out of everyone in the game 1 guy was lagging horribly and he teleported away before I could kill him.

You sure it was lag and not just a mixture of sprint, thrust, slide, charge?

After a Day of playing, My opinion.

Cons:

• Sprint - Allows for Escapes, Increases map sizes(These two are supposed to be small, but are like Medium-large sizes...) and generally slows things down. Needs to be removed, Increase Base movement speed instead.
  • Flinch - Supposedly a bug, Happy they are saying they will remove, Lets hope they don't "Forget"
  • ADS- Increases the ranges of the AR and SMG way to far,  Cuts off a significant portion of your Field of View.  Please return the old Zoom in, you can give it to all weapons, but it is way to annoying and beneficial right now, ADS should not give you an advantage in halo.
  • Clamber- While it does open alot of New possibilities, This ability is something the maps needed to be built around, and as such most jumps are required to use this,  this basically Eliminates crouch jumping,  I wish it would be removed, but i do not think it will be with the maps in the current state.
  • Assault Rifle/SMG - These need to be nerfed in effective range.  If the ADS is removed might be enough to do it, but watch closely since it might need further tweaking. The Aim Assistance on these weapons are a bit too strong as well.
  • Pistol - At the current moment it seems like this weapon is a pull the trigger as fast and possible and pray, rather then rewarding precision shots like a Precision weapon should, I suggest a slight nerf to the Rate of Fire.
  • Bullet Magnesium - It needs to be toned down across the board, Have seen several shots that should have missed hit because of this, Even at times when the target is fully behind cover.
  • Medal Saturation - I am never agisnt stats, But at the current moment there are far too many medals showing and being called out in game. Please tone it down to things that feel like achievements, Not everything you do. allow the rest of the things the medals are showing to be seen in the end game screen. 
  • Grenades - I think that with their current range, they need to have a better damage falloff, So they need to be more pinpoint to deal full damage.
  • Lobby/menu UI- I am going to assume this is just not much time put into this at the moment, My suggestion is to Make it simple and plain like Halo 3.
  • Sounds - Please add in sliders so people can adjust the sound levels to their liking, Some times you might want to hear the epic music in campaign, but other times you want to hear what your teammates have to say and the footsteps in matchmaking.
  • Death Screen- Seems Clunky switching in and out from the game stats,  Make optional, Also add a End of Game Death Screen instead of the Spartan's victory.
  • Maps Visuals - Empire seems to bright, it seems a good portion of the map you have light shining in your eyes, the constant fast place movement in the background distracts from the actual gameplay.      Midship- The center of the map is too "Foggy" should be clear aired for best gameplay
  • PBane - This weapons is currently too powerful with all the additional movement speed options on the map, add in a increased 5% and you are almost never stopping. please rethink.
  • Ranks- Going to need an overhual, Too much emphasis placed on the placement round, Should be a hardcapp to how high you can place out of them Look to League of Legends for ideas.
  • Shoulder charge/slide - Almost completely useless, not much point in them being in the game but as noob bait, as more often then not they see this and want to use it, and it only baits them into dying over and over.
  • Auto-Stablize - Not much use for it, but some, It would most likely be best if it was set to off by default, and allows people to add if they wanted.
  • Ground-pound - Overall a Generally Useless ability that doesnt add much to the sandbox, if it has to stay please remap to a different key to allow for easier crouch jumping/ghandi-hopping.

Pros.

• Precision Weapons - Low Aim assist is good, Keep as is, Maybe reduce slightly on the BR to bring in line with the DMR
  • Thruster - a Wonderful Movement Addition to the game, Add the ability to shoot while using and increase the cooldown to 8-10seconds.
  • Spartan Chatter - A good edition to casual Playing, please make optional and also remove alot of the Useless chatter like "Nice headshot" or "Thanks of the assist".

There should probably be more in the Pros section, but I'm having a hard time thinking of things that where not added already in the Cons section.

who the fuck would charge away from a gunbattle??? smh

Yo, you never stop firing shots, don't you. At least reload

• Upvote (+1) 1

im actually having some fun with h5 beta right now but im still waiting. After that MCC mess I'll be waiting until I'm hearing MM is stable and the game has no issues

Just played for like 10 straight hours... it's been so long since I've done that!

Day-1 breakdown... The game is great but a few minor tweaks are needed: the removal of the Flinch "animation" is a big one and it's confirmed that it's happening... so that's awesome. Plus, maybe the removal of a new ability here-or-there... not a fan of Stabilizers, or Slide really, or the Spartan Charge, even though they rarely come into play... but I surprisingly have really enjoyed Ground-Pound! The Smart-Scope display doesn't bother me at all either, except on Truth I've had some glare with the DMR scope that really affected visibility, and the slow scope-in animation... should be near-instant like in the past. Then something should be done with the Magnum recoil and aiming down while shooting. Sprint is a lot more balanced now IMO...

Best Halo game in years though, I'd say... already better than Reach, H4 (EDIT: and H2A... :P) by a long-shot! I can't say I ever died feeling like it was for a complete BS reason either. The game feels fair and that's just it, Halo was just missing that "equal playing-field" Arena spirit. The combat feels more dynamic than ever before too.

On paper, I wasn't too sure about a lot of these new additions, even with seeing them on video, but with the controller in your hands, they play really well for the most part. I'll admit, I definitely jumped to some premature conclusions. Overall, I'm loving Halo 5!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just played for like 10 straight hours... it's been so long since I've done that!

Day-1 breakdown... The game is great but a few minor tweaks are needed: the removal of the Flinch "animation" is a big one and it's confirmed that it's happening... so that's awesome. Plus, maybe the removal of a new ability here-or-there... not a fan of Stabilizers, or Slide really, or the Spartan Charge, even though they rarely come into play... but I surprisingly have really enjoyed Ground-Pound! The Smart-Scope display doesn't bother me at all either, except on Truth I've had some glare with the DMR scope that really affected visibility, and the slow scope-in animation... should be near-instant like in the past. Then something should be done with the Magnum recoil and aiming down while shooting. Sprint is a lot more balanced now IMO...

Best Halo game in years though, I'd say... already better than Reach, H4 (EDIT: and H2A... :P) by a long-shot! I can't say I ever died feeling like it was for a complete BS reason either. The game feels fair and that's just it, Halo was just missing that "equal playing-field" Arena spirit. The combat feels more dynamic than ever before too.

On paper, I wasn't too sure about a lot of these new additions, even with seeing them on video, but with the controller in your hands, they play really well for the most part. I'll admit, I definitely jumped to some premature conclusions. Overall, I'm loving Halo 5!

H2A is 100x better than H5 in its current state. There is an H5 thats better than H2A, but it's buried very very deep.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

except ARs and SMGs are usually bs kills lol 

I found a 'BXB' like button combo.  I'm not saying it should be removed but I haven't used it on someone yet.

I took a clip of it, I perform the 'BXB' 3 times throughout this clip. Here is the clip: xboxdvr.com/JB+Neckzilla/83d2a34c-7be6-453f-b3a5-8ec44d9dcd33

I love button combos so I don't really mind it. I want to use it on someone. I don't know if it works with any other weapon combo but this specific combo, Pistol melee> Y>Primary melee.

Here is a mp4: http://i.gyazo.com/433eab0852e83e05bec0af037603772c.mp4

Another: a0c8b29323a4e5e22aef3e6dcc8e03bb.gif

and the mp4 version: http://i.gyazo.com/a0c8b29323a4e5e22aef3e6dcc8e03bb.mp4

:walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 7

HalowayPoint Forums.....You give me migraines...

Couldn't make it more than 10mins before I had to close out the browser and realize "Halo", as we know/knew it, is never coming back.

(I do not know this person.  I am not trying to roast this, or any other, specific individual. Just trying to prove a point that the days of H:CE, H2 and H3, along with the community that we once knew, is a distant memory.  This is what we are left with.) 

Amen.Myheadhurts-1.png

yeah, this community was 100% perfect back in the day wasn't it? Oh wait......

Also, why did you choose a comment about a classic halo feature, to illustrate the point that the halo you knew was never coming back?

yeah, this community was 100% perfect back in the day wasn't it? Oh wait......

Also, why did you choose a comment about a classic halo feature, to illustrate the point that the halo you knew was never coming back?

The point I was making was, we have individuals such as the one I posted above, asking why he is being "descopped" when trying to kill someone.  The reason for "descope" is to make the game more competitive/challenging.  The "younger/newer" community members, who I persume this individual is a part of, does not understand why "descope" would be integrated into the game, because he feels such a feature takes away from him getting a kill.  As we saw with H4, non-descope or "flinch" makes getting kills an easier task.  Thus making my point, that the "newer" community (Post H3) does not understand what Halo 1, 2 and 3 was like, and why the majority members of this site continue to push for more "traditional" gameplay.  Which illustrates why, in my opinion, we will most likely never get back to what we knew and loved about Halo multiplayer gameplay. 

Moreover, in no way did I say that the community was "100% perfect" back in the day, but I do feel confident saying that the commmunity "back in the day" was more intuned to what made Halo Multiplayer gameplay legendary, and unique, compared to other FPS. 

Just feels that we have a split community in present time.  A group of "H1-H3" members and a group of "Reach-present" members, in which the "Reach-present" members do not fully understand why a large number of "H1-H3" members are constantly disappointed and strongly voice our opinions of disproval. 

That is all that my post was try to indicate. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I had more fun with the Halo 3 Snowbound/High Ground BETA. At least people weren't flying across the map and escaping every battle they know they couldn't win or don't get the first shot in. Used to be that if you got shot in the back you would turn and fight, now it's just thrust away and sprint to safety. 

I just don't know what 343 could do at this point to fix it. If they won't remove anything, I think they should make it so that you can't do any sprinting or thrusting while getting shot. You could try and thrust mid battle in the hopes that they miss but right now there are way too many get out of jail free cards.

• Upvote (+1) 3

alt account - 0.2kd literally try to lose the game - I get silver

Friend who tries and get's probably around 1.0 kd - Get's Silver..

...wut?

Why the hell can't things like sprint and all this other garbage have a toggle on/off option? I played one game, nearly wept, and shut down the xbone.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3