CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

yeah man if halo 5 was no sprint no radar views would increase tenfold

*tin foil*

sprint is still in competitive gameplay so congrats

So you ignore the changes 343 made to sprint due to negative feedback and say our feedback didn't change anything. Solid logic.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

all that effort for the huge change of a custom game setting no one uses for competitive play and a slight nerf

#winning 

• Downvote (-1) 1

all that effort for the huge change of a custom game setting no one uses for competitive play and a slight nerf

#winning

I wouldn't say no shield recharge, closed gap in base vs sprint speed and shots ending sprint are slight nerfs. Sprint still sucks but isn't completely terrible in every way anymore.

And continuing to voice our displeasure is better than accepting it especially with several of the largest esport shooters sticking with high base movement speed. Halo 6 will not be accepted by the PC community with the current garbage settings so I have hope. I'll stick to Halo 1 as long as 343 chooses this path though.

• Upvote (+1) 6

yeah man if halo 5 was no sprint no radar views would increase tenfold

*tin foil*

sprint is still in competitive gameplay so congrats

Progress is progress.

Baby steps.

If we were all like you we'd still have custom loudouts, perks and all that shit.

You're welcome.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

#winning

I consider finally enjoying a form of classic halo whilst meeting new people with the same feelings about Halo, quite a significant thing.

So "all that effort" = worth

• Upvote (+1) 8

@@Sal1ent sal1ent donated $200 to the beach LAN.

Faith slightly restoring in 343. Bungie wouldn't even acknowledge our existence. Maybe they do care a little about us older fans.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've never seen anyone argue so fervently in favor of a suboptimal status quo as this Moses guy.  Yeah, booo improvement. Boooo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

#winning 

Competitive play? I think you meant to say ELECTRONIC SPORTS.

I've never seen anyone argue so fervently in favor of a suboptimal status quo as this Moses guy.  Yeah, booo improvement. Boooo.

He helps maintain the Fantasy HCS website Hard Way.  Think about it. He's in a position where he can't afford to bash the official settings. What if he's just trying to feed his family? Ever think about that? Any sort of threat to the status quo is a threat to his very livelihood, his way of life, and here on TB a butch of nerds are trying to ruin it. What if you make him have to sell his children Hard Way? Do you know where black market children of Halo players end up nowadays Hard Way? That's right, right in Frank O' Connor's mailbox. Do you know what Frank does to the children Hard Way?

He devours them dude. He eats them. Whole. Bones and everything. All while sprinting in place to keep himself immersed in the experience. Its horrifying, and ultimately necessary for Frank to maintain his human form. Now put yourself in his shoes Hard Way. WOULD YOU go against the status quo knowing whats on the line? I certainly wouldn't.

• Upvote (+1) 8

GGs

First time since probably H3 where i've lost track of time playing Halo. Like I just had a few games where I couldn't aim or think and thought wtf is happening then checked the time and saw it was 1:30 in the morning when I thought it was like midnight.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Competitive play? I think you meant to say ELECTRONIC SPORTS.

He helps maintain the Fantasy HCS website Hard Way. Think about it. He's in a position where he can't afford to bash the official settings. What if he's just trying to feed his family? Ever think about that? Any sort of threat to the status quo is a threat to his very livelihood, his way of life, and here on TB a butch of nerds are trying to ruin it. What if you make him have to sell his children Hard Way? Do you know where black market children of Halo players end up nowadays Hard Way? That's right, right in Frank O' Connor's mailbox. Do you know what Frank does to the children Hard Way?

He devours them dude. He eats them. Whole. Bones and everything. All while sprinting in place to keep himself immersed in the experience. Its horrifying, and ultimately necessary for Frank to maintain his human form. Now put yourself in his shoes Hard Way. WOULD YOU go against the status quo knowing whats on the line? I certainly wouldn't.

Just lol so much.

Its almost as if it is true...

Fun night. Though I'm gonna be tilted until next month.

especially after missing that jump 6 times

Stumbled across this on YT.  Holy freaking aim assist.  I feel like this deserves to be made fun of a lot more than it is:

https://youtu.be/LzE-l3thYhw?t=3m55s

It's que'd up to what I'm talking about.  Someone should freeze frame the entire crosshair being off of the player model and still being red, and caption it with "skillgap".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stumbled across this on YT.  Holy freaking aim assist.  I feel like this deserves to be made fun of a lot more than it is:

https://youtu.be/LzE-l3thYhw?t=3m55s

It's que'd up to what I'm talking about.  Someone should freeze frame the entire crosshair being off of the player model and still being red, and caption it with "skillgap".

That is ridiculous looooool I hope that is never in Arena 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You jinxed it

I just want to see everyone on H5G to get even more tilted from H5. 

My dream is no rifles, a 50m radar and plasma pistol starts.

i'm not in favor of shit settings i'm just telling you guys are literally wasting your time

i agree sprint and radar sucks, anyone with half a brain should 

but no sprint no radar is never going to be vanilla halo 5

as long as you guys keep the lunacy contained to the appropriate threads i have no qualms with your efforts 

the only reason why i'm here is because i got tagged, i'll return to the hcs thread at once 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

i'm not in favor of shit settings i'm just telling you guys are literally wasting your time

i agree sprint and radar sucks, anyone with half a brain should

but no sprint no radar is never going to be vanilla halo 5

as long as you guys keep the lunacy contained to the appropriate threads i have no qualms with your efforts

the only reason why i'm here is because i got tagged, i'll return to the hcs thread at once

We're probably all having more fun doing this than we ever did or ever would playing default h5. How is that a waste of time?

Occasionally the enthusiasm may spill into threads where people are still stuck playing slow, dated, old default h5. Sorry dude.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Everyone who cares about competitive Esports Halo and Halo games with a true skill gap should be fully supporting the Halo 1 beach LAN stream and tournaments coming next week. Spread the word. Donate some money. Silos is matching donations made by others up to $500 right now. We can realistically hit a $4000 prize pool, hell 5000 isn't impossible. Patch says he's got 500 more coming.

Put the pessimists like Moses in their place and prove we don't need 343's shit settings for a competitive Halo scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1