CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

why is it so hard for you to believe that generally people don't want to read settings discussions in the hcs thread?

you just immediately dismiss the very idea

perhaps you are mistaken

I and many others also hate memes. Staff have even said they got a decent amount of complaints involving them. Yet they are still here, and actual discussion is banned. You can even talk about cereal and not get in trouble. So what's "supposed" to be talked about is literally switching every day.

Settings have been talked about in like 15 posts in a month. You guys just freak out the second someone mentions ANYTHING involving a setting.

Again, please try the settings before bashing people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea it's not like you couldn't just ignore or scroll past it. You just have to reply and shit on people trying to better the game we all love. You could hit try the settings and see, you might even like it. Or you could shit on people in typical fashion.

These settings wont be used in tournaments, therefor most of the players don't care. People also may just like H5 Vanilla and are fine with that, maybe they also read up on the settings and read a bunch of things in h5 have been removed and aren't interested in that either. People for the most part dont care for ultra competitive setings. They care if the vanilla part of the game is good or not. So when you're making essays about the settings its just annoying to have to scroll through an OT post and or block the user. 

HCS thread is basically for fun/memes/jokes, pro team footage, tournaments and whatnot, the title of the thread pretty much explains that. It's not like H5G is really that thought provoking either, no one here (HCS thead and here) really go that in depth in the game and usually here there's memes about h5 vanilla. I agree it goes OT but at this point that thread is basically HCS OT (OT as in jokes and whatnot) where its a hangout. No one there really cares for ultra competitive settings, the users there care for tournament play and top players. 

Personally I played the settings and I don't think it's for me. H5 CS removes a lot of what makes h5, H5. Whether everything that h5 brings to the table is a negative or not, is another discussion but really CS just feels like an attempt to cut down everything and go back to h2/h2a/h3 which I'm bored of and I feel the games (besides H2 button glitches) are limited/less options. Which if you guys think that's fine, is cool but personally I don't dig it. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I and many others also hate memes. Staff have even said they got a decent amount of complaints involving them. Yet they are still here, and actual discussion is banned. You can even talk about cereal and not get in trouble. So what's "supposed" to be talked about is literally switching every day.

Settings have been talked about in like 15 posts in a month. You guys just freak out the second someone mentions ANYTHING involving a setting.

yeah, people hate memes  :kappa:

the settings discussion is banned from the hcs thread because it's boring to read

you can either accept that reality or exist in fantasy land, the choice is yours and yours alone!

inb4 "moses u r so toxic omg!" truth hurts sometimes

here's the reality of the settings (sprint + radar) discussion, we as a community have 0 influence over them, accept it

that's also a main reason why people are sick of reading it

these settings will be the settings for competitive play for the entirety of halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

We do have influence but most hcs watchers are too impatient to boycott events until proper settings are put in. Instead they will say well it's still sorta competitive so I'm not willing to do that in order to make Halo great in the long term. I need my fix.

That being said, guys he has a point about the thread itself. It's titled hcs seeding and results discussion for a reason. Don't get salty when they frown upon invasion and switching the topic to settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The reality is that HCS wont pick up these settings. If these settings are that important to you guys, why don't you start up something yourselves? Yeah it takes a lot of work but the reality is these settings wont have any influence in the HCS part of H5. Start your own mini league of 2v2s or 4v4s, whatever. But expecting the 343 funded tournaments that the general public care about to go for your settings isn't really a smart move. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As much as I'd like those settings to find their ways into MM someday, I highly doubt HCS will even consider them, the biggest thing that could possibly happen is a TB tournament...

343 is just too in love with their own settings and I'm afraid the majority of new(?) comp. Halo fans like what 343 has given them and they will support it as long as there's money on the line.

The reality is that HCS wont pick up these settings. If these settings are that important to you guys, why don't you start up something yourselves? Yeah it takes a lot of work but the reality is these settings wont have any influence in the HCS part of H5. Start your own mini league of 2v2s or 4v4s, whatever. But expecting the 343 funded tournaments that the general public care about to go for your settings isn't really a smart move.

That's what they're trying to do.

And the general public would keep watching if sprint and radar were removed. They care more about teams and storyline and sick plays. And halo would be more exciting with better gunplay. Why do you think halo built MLG to what it is with pure grassroots support? Because they were exciting games that emphasized the skill of the competitors.

• Upvote (+1) 5

As much as I'd like those settings to find their ways into MM someday, I highly doubt HCS will even consider them, the biggest thing that could possibly happen is a TB tournament...

343 is just too in love with their own settings and I'm afraid the majority of new(?) comp. Halo fans like what 343 has given them and they will support it as long as there's money on the line.

You start building now and one day you can compare yourself to the Smash league. 

Halo is a laughingstock now. Hundreds of thousands of competitive players watched that footage from an H5 sprint episode where they talk about aim assist and laughed at how excessive it is. They will never take halo 5 seriously.

Played Halo 5 the other day and it felt pretty good. Props to 343 for making this decent game, its fun and competitive.

There's so much more complexity its a bit taxing in my opinion, bigger maps, more detailed maps, more versatility, more weapons, more players (game moved to 4v4, 6v6 and beyond), and, most importantly, more controls: sprint, thrust, clamber, plus all other "new innovative features". People's brains haven't changed in 10 years since Halo 1 or 2. If that's what the players nowadays want great, not sure if the numbers support it in terms of longevity. Cod is succesful because its easy after all.

Looking forward to Halo 6, will buy the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah lets be like smash where the 4th place finisher at evo gets like 500 bucks!

Rather an invested community than an artificial one.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

yeah lets be like smash where the 4th place finisher at evo gets like 500 bucks!

I'd rather watch tournaments with competitive integrity than ones with money thrown at them. Rocket league is far more interesting to me than Halo 5 despite smaller prizes. Hundreds of thousands of people watch it too.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Thanks @ and @

For all intents and purposes, both the AR and the LR in my 4sk Magnum settings are the same as default H5.

Not saying that we have to have it, but if there is any rifle that could maybe stay in my 4sk Magnum settings, it would be the LR and that is it for precision weapons.

AR off spawn, Suppressor could maybe replace the Needler, and maybe even the Brute Plasma Rifle.

However, I am certainly not upset with leaving out most autos and precision weapons.

4sk Magnum could be the only Precision utility weapon.

AR could be the only automatic.

That leaves us with power weapons.

i mean outside of big events smash viewership isn't all that great, i think you guys over estimate the size of the smash community 

i mean outside of big events smash viewership isn't all that great, i think you guys over estimate the size of the smash community 

Smash is alright viewership wise, it doesn't beat SFV, CSGO, LoL, Dota 2, etc but it does hit alright viewership ever since evo 2013. Apex, Genesis etc get like 70k+ and evo hits 200ks (though i understand its evo and thats only why it hits those numbers). Smash is only flourishing because of evo 2013 though. The game was nowhere near as big before that

Who cares? Do you play for the money or do you play because you love the game? 

Just look at the entrants: 

d3c8cff733a046f6b81b53a027280f38.png

Have you seen the Halo 5 community? We can't shit talk anyone when we are at the bottom of the barrel begging for views. If Microsoft wasn't throwing a fuckton of money at the game all y'all would be singing a different song.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

.... It's a 15 year old offline game. I think averaging over 50k viewers and peaking over 200k is pretty goddamn decent lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's what they're trying to do.

And the general public would keep watching if sprint and radar were removed. They care more about teams and storyline and sick plays. And halo would be more exciting with better gunplay. Why do you think halo built MLG to what it is with pure grassroots support? Because they were exciting games that emphasized the skill of the competitors.

You're missing my point. I'm saying that HCS wont pick up these settings, 343 is trying to promote their game that they made and want an accurate representation of that. Whether or not the public would still watch with Sprint/Radar is a completely different discussion. The reality though is that H5 is an esports game and that 343i wants their game to be shown accurately to the public. They're not going to use these community gametypes. Whether or not 343 is right on that regard is again, a different discussion. I'm just saying 343i wont pick it up 

These settings wont be used in tournaments, therefor most of the players don't care. People also may just like H5 Vanilla and are fine with that, maybe they also read up on the settings and read a bunch of things in h5 have been removed and aren't interested in that either. People for the most part dont care for ultra competitive setings. They care if the vanilla part of the game is good or not. So when you're making essays about the settings its just annoying to have to scroll through an OT post and or block the user.

HCS thread is basically for fun/memes/jokes, pro team footage, tournaments and whatnot, the title of the thread pretty much explains that. It's not like H5G is really that thought provoking either, no one here (HCS thead and here) really go that in depth in the game and usually here there's memes about h5 vanilla. I agree it goes OT but at this point that thread is basically HCS OT (OT as in jokes and whatnot) where its a hangout. No one there really cares for ultra competitive settings, the users there care for tournament play and top players.

Personally I played the settings and I don't think it's for me. H5 CS removes a lot of what makes h5, H5. Whether everything that h5 brings to the table is a negative or not, is another discussion but really CS just feels like an attempt to cut down everything and go back to h2/h2a/h3 which I'm bored of and I feel the games (besides H2 button glitches) are limited/less options. Which if you guys think that's fine, is cool but personally I don't dig it.

Do you even go to tournaments? Hell do any of you? If not why do you care so much about playing default?

Do you even go to tournaments? Hell do any of you? If not why do you care so much about playing default?

I competed in tournaments, yes. I also just don't like the settings that are being used by you guys. 

I competed in tournaments, yes. I also just don't like the settings that are being used by you guys.

I forgot that you also say that you don't like older Halos so obviously you aren't gonna like this. If you hate the settings so much why the fuck did you join the discord?