CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Had to copy this from the HCS thread. Not sure what @@Moses_FPS or @@The Engage said in response.

I'm going to comment in regards to this back and forth going on about the classic settings and the people trying to advocate, create, and test these settings so that we can enjoy them. What I'm not understanding is this undeserved bashing going on.

Why are we, for one, bashing the shit out of others in the same community because there are those who do not like the current settings as they are? Me personally I'm a big fan of these new classic settings we're trying to create. It has nothing to do with "Halo 2 2.0", and that was a very ignorant and uninspired insult that's being thrown out. Especially coming from someone who I don't even believe tested the settings yet. If you had, you'd notice that these settings don't play anything like Halo 2 at all. I'm pretty sure you saw "BR start" and threw everything else out the window. Which is odd considering a few post later, there was an argument about making "unbiased opinions"... But, I digress.

With the exception of a possibly a few people in this thread and the Pros, I've probably been to more events than anyone in here and I've worked at MLG from 2011-2014.. I've been competing since 2006. I competed either casually or at events in every game including Halo 5; so yes, me personally I do have a deep understanding of all the different movement options, glitches, etc. I've been a champion in Arena and beaten lots of top players as well, It's not like we're just out of tune with competitive in this game, and yes, I've been watching the HCS as much as I can, following up with results in here in the event that I missed a weekend.

I honestly think Cooper came in with an approach that could've been handled better tbh, but aside from that, I'm not understanding why you guys are allowed to sit here and bash the settings that we're trying to create for people who aren't a fans of the current settings, but no one else is allowed to critique any of the current settings; and in turn, bash the critiquers.

The point of the CS settings is to create an experience we feel are ideal to the way this game is developed. If you had actually been in some of the parties, you would know that it's not just.. What did you guys call them? The settings warriors? lol.. That have been wanting to play. I've even been inviting friends on my friends list who don't come on Team Beyond to spectate and play with us and they've been having a great time on these settings as well; overwhelming positive reviews.

Halo 5's default settings are definitely okay. You guys have seen me post, I never come in here and completely trash the current settings. The only thing I truly don't agree with is the radar. And yes, we are also fully understanding of the fact that there are people who enjoy sprint and all the other abilities in Halo 5, there's nothing wrong with that; never was. But what is a problem is the fact that a few of you can openly insult everyone else in the community and blame everything in the sense of "nostalgia" because people enjoy other things than you. Me, I enjoy everything Halo; competitive Halo at that. So I can see both sides to an argument. So I ask, if I can see why you like H5's default settings, why can't you see why we like classic settings? It has nothing to do with staying in the past. There are ways to innovate a game's design without adding a bunch of unnecessary mechanics.

That's all I wanted to say. It's fine if you guys truly enjoy the HCS settings, but don't be a hypocrite when it comes to your opinion. It's fine to just simply disagree. This, however, also goes for the people in this thread as well. We can advocate Classic Settings without having to insult everyone in the thread, that's the reason these forums are so "cliquey" in the first place. It's not and shouldn't be an us against them battle, it's a little easier to promote if we're not labeled as "Bitter H2 kids."

• Upvote (+1) 2

i said that the hcs thread was the wrong thread for this discussion, and that people were tired of seeing it and that's why they *(myself included) responded the way they did

i said that the hcs thread was the wrong thread for this discussion, and that people were tired of seeing it and that's why they *(myself included) responded the way they did

And I get that, definitely was the wrong place for that discussion, however, that thread is also not the thread for bashing other members in the same community as well. It's one thing to disagree, it's another to sit there and dog pile on someone. Especially since I'm sure no one in that thread would like it done to them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think settings warriors invade that topic because we see ourselves in the casuals that populate it. Many of us used to not care too much about competitive design until someone pointed out the flaws to us. For me personally the people who heavily criticized default Halo 2 really opened my eyes to how trashy it was and put into words some of the frustrations I felt from time to time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ill just stick my ass against a wall and never let you get behind me.

I'll find a way don't you worry. You'll thinks it's safe for one little second and then BAM.

Literally every topic you say this to though. "This isn't the threats for..." And then you shit talk people like Cooper. It's really not that serious that people posted in that thread, you act like it offended you. As if posting in that thread with this stuff is like shitting on the cross at church.

I think we all owe @@SMARTAN 427 a huge thank you for the work he's put in, and the good ideas he's implemented. Can't wait to test tonight!

Edit for mobile. That mystery user is Smartan 427.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'll find a way don't you worry. You'll thinks it's safe for one little second and then BAM.

Honestly it wasn't even that bad. Every time I freaking spawned I would turn around to find @@arglactable staring at me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Literally every topic you say this to though. "This isn't the threats for..." And then you shit talk people like Cooper. It's really not that serious that people posted in that thread, you act like it offended you. As if posting in that thread with this stuff is like shitting on the cross at church.

uhhhhhh

if people wanted to read settings discussions in the hcs thread you'd still be allowed to post about it

think about it man

Honestly it wasn't even that bad. Every time I freaking spawned I would turn around to find @@arglactable staring at me.

Yea spawns are definitely something. On the prisoner map I would stay on this ramp that was right above spawners and shoot people before they got their bearings. On Truth you just sit in the bubbles. It could definitely use some work.

uhhhhhh

if people wanted to read settings discussions in the hcs thread you'd still be allowed to post about it

think about it man

No, it's because the select few people that actually use the report button bitch and moan about it. But again, just post memes it's what people enjoy for some reason. Mentioning settings is just too much discussion for a discussion board.

Hey anyone online? I need a test dummy. I would like to know exactly how many AR bullets it takes to kill on these settings.

That and I suspect that the Light Rifle may still be ok.

Its not like I can just splitscreen with a dummy controller.

I'm a nerd like that.

No, it's because the select few people that actually use the report button bitch and moan about it. But again, just post memes it's what people enjoy for some reason. Mentioning settings is just too much discussion for a discussion board.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

yeah man, fight the powa

Hey anyone online? I need a test dummy. I would like to know exactly how many AR bullets it takes to kill on these settings.

That and I suspect that the Light Rifle may still be ok.

Its not like I can just splitscreen with a dummy controller.

I'm a nerd like that.

Yeah, I'm on. GT's Exuberant Umbra if you need another. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yeah man, fight the powa

Yea it's not like you couldn't just ignore or scroll past it. You just have to reply and shit on people trying to better the game we all love. You could hit try the settings and see, you might even like it. Or you could shit on people in typical fashion.

HCS thread is for memes and gossiping about scrim results. Mostly the first thing. No discussion of HCS settings, though, God forbid.

Yea spawns are definitely something. On the prisoner map I would stay on this ramp that was right above spawners and shoot people before they got their bearings. On Truth you just sit in the bubbles. It could definitely use some work.

The spawns are so bad, at one point I was going in circles around the map and the same person literally spawned directly in front of me three times in a row. I think it was @@S0UL FLAME. lol. #H5SpawnLife

HCS thread is for memes and gossiping about scrim results. Mostly the first thing. No discussion of HCS settings, though, God forbid.

The spawns are so bad, at one point I was going in circles around the map and the same person literally spawned directly in front of me three times in a row. I think it was @@S0UL FLAME. lol. #H5SpawnLife

Was also me.

Yea it's not like you couldn't just ignore or scroll past it. You just have to reply and shit on people trying to better the game we all love. You could hit try the settings and see, you might even like it. Or you could shit on people in typical fashion.

why is it so hard for you to believe that generally people don't want to read settings discussions in the hcs thread?

you just immediately dismiss the very idea 

perhaps you are mistaken

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2