CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I thoroughly disagree.

I found camo was way overused on the maps we played. I find OS to be a much better movement incentive.

Either way, camo is not important enough to change movement speed to fit it in.

Crouch walking works better than that even, I found this out last night on White Cell walking around a back smacking people lol

Well yeah....it's also slow as shit.

I found camo was way overused on the maps we played. I find OS to be a much better movement incentive.

I think on the maps we have, camo is the better of the two options for the maps its on. I'd love to add some 2 power up/OS only maps on top of our selection. (2 power ups is better)

Well yeah....it's also slow as shit.

I walked until I was near people, then just crouched and used it to cut off flag routes, stop flanks, and cheeky back smacks.

Well, OS and Camo add completely different elements to the game, which is why having BOTH on most maps would be ideal, in my opinion. I don't get why there are so few maps with multiple power-ups. And, again, I don't think the movement speed needs to be touched at all for Camo to be useful.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think on the maps we have, camo is the better of the two options for the maps its on. I'd love to add some 2 power up/OS only maps on top of our selection. (2 power ups is better)

I second this notion. Ive wanted 2 powerups on static timers since H1. This is our chance and we should use it. I'm at least willing to try 110 speed, IF strafing with Camo on 120 does in fact still light you up. If it doesn't then I think strafe-walking with Camo is a skill everyone should just learn. If it does, then I think it's worth it for a good Camo. It's not like 110 is bad.

I second this notion. Ive wanted 2 powerups on static timers since H1. This is our chance and we should use it. I'm at least willing to try 110 speed, IF strafing with Camo on 120 does in fact still light you up. If it doesn't then I think strafe-walking with Camo is a skill everyone should just learn. If it does, then I think it's worth it for a good Camo. It's not like 110 is bad.

The issue I think is that if you just normal walk with camo at 120 it looks like the pick up camo from reach and you aren't completely hidden.

It's important to keep in mind that if this were to get put into matchmaking, people would bitch SO much if just walking with Camo lit them up, especially since you don't know you've been lit until someone just sees you when you thought you were camo'd. It's incredibly unintuitive, and that's a big deal if we're considering MM potential.

It's important to keep in mind that if this were to get put into matchmaking, people would bitch SO much if just walking with Camo lit them up, especially since you don't know you've been lit until someone just sees you when you thought you were camo'd. It's incredibly unintuitive, and that's a big deal if we're considering MM potential.

You can see if your lit up from walking. Camo is more beneficial to sneaky plays, forcing a player into a 2v1 they thought was a 1v1, cutting off flag routes, etc.

If it goes into MM with 110 speed people will say it's too slow without sprint, thrust and slide.

That's a much bigger deal than anything that camo could possibly ever bring to the table.

You can see if your lit up from walking. Camo is more beneficial to sneaky plays, forcing a player into a 2v1 they thought was a 1v1, cutting off flag routes, etc.

Exactly. I really don't get why this is such a sticking point. It's extremely obvious in first person when you're transparent instead of invisible, just like when you're sprinting/thrusting in default. And, honestly, you aren't really 100% invisible in default at full base movement anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Camo's use is very nerfed when the player can't advance at the same speed as his teammates. This makes it shitty when you have to move from the power item location, which is usually a ways out of the way, to a location more centered around the objective or a strong map position.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Well anyway we can try the settings tonight.

Search my GT (SMARTAN 427)

Download the Reclaimer settings.

I have FFA, TS, and CTF variants.

My Reclaimer settings use the same Old School movement settings, which is %120 movement speed and %130 strafe/forward acceleration.

The Reclaimer settings have 4sk Magnum, with improved jumping (%120 jump height with %110 jump gravity).

For Waypoint and reddit appeal (to try and get this in MM), you also spawn with an AR (plus we can prove the point that the 4sk Magnum balances it), and 25m BTB radar when its turned on(it is on by default for the casual appeal, simply turn off for competitive like usual).

Lets do it guys!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I may not be explaining the camo well. I never felt easy to see, just that I knew crouching made the camo stronger by a couple of degrees. Nothing major, just made it that much easier to be sneaky.

Camo's use is very nerfed when the player can't advance at the same speed as his teammates. This makes it shitty when you have to move from the power item location, which is usually a ways out of the way, to a location more centered around the objective or a strong map position.

Camo's use is nerfed when developers make the asinine decision to tie it to speed.

Like did anything NOT in 4v4 get tested in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Camo's use is nerfed when developers make the asinine decision to tie it to speed.

Like did anything NOT in 4v4 get tested in this game.

Yes. Warzone.  :kappa:

Certainly, we all know it could be better without the clear design flaw, but what I'm saying is that it's still useful and worth picking up as is. Outside of a developer fix for the "lol we tied it to movement speed guise" problem, it's not a big enough deal to justify slower movement or removing camo entirely.

You know what makes me happy about the games last night? I may have had the most shitty KD ratio, but I had the most objective scores on my team, both CTF matches I got two flag scores each, oddball round I got 72 points of 150, and I got the first bomb explosion in Assault. #HelpfulAtLeast.

It's such an obvious shortcut because they were too damn lazy to tie camo to sprint and the other armor abilities. Pathetic for a AAA developer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's such an obvious shortcut because they were too damn lazy to tie camo to sprint and the other armor abilities. Pathetic for a AAA developer.

"Pathetic for a AAA developer" is 343s catchphrase. But hey this thread has been super positive lately. Let's not ruin it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You know what makes me happy about the games last night? I may have had the most shitty KD ratio, but I had the most objective scores on my team, both CTF matches I got two flag scores each, oddball round I got 72 points of 150, and I got the first bomb explosion in Assault. #Ninja'dTwiceByBeast

FTFY.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what makes me happy about the games last night? I may have had the most shitty KD ratio, but I had the most objective scores on my team, both CTF matches I got two flag scores each, oddball round I got 72 points of 150, and I got the first bomb explosion in Assault. #HelpfulAtLeast.

Confirmed only playing slayers tonight
  • Upvote (+1) 3