CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

@, I had a super slow day at work today, and I decided to go full out nerd mode and make us an actual strat for Deadlock CTF, complete with opening rush, flag run setup, and takeback strat. I even drew an (awful) overhead map with little arrows for each guy like its a football play. Extreme nerdiness aside, I do think it's quite good, and could work as a solid framework for how we play the game type. Your 3-30 days are behind you! Lol

3-30!!!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

3-30!!!!!!

In his defense, the team we played was definitely a team of 8 that definitely knew what they were doing. They were organized and very good. And after so long of beating our heads against a wall just trying to get control of our midrocks again, I've gotta assume he just didn't care anymore after a certain point.

Not to mention our team talk was at least 90% complaining that game. We didn't really do much to get ourselves out of that situation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@, I had a super slow day at work today, and I decided to go full out nerd mode and make us an actual strat for Deadlock CTF, complete with opening rush, flag run setup, and takeback strat. I even drew an (awful) overhead map with little arrows for each guy like its a football play. Extreme nerdiness aside, I do think it's quite good, and could work as a solid framework for how we play the game type. Your 3-30 days are behind you! Lol

you people will never let me live this one down smh
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That classic strafe. So fun.

No Halo game has ever had a strafe that effective/fast. That's what we want the game to look and feel like but we've never had it that way.

If by classic you mean actual Arena shooters, then point taken.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shout out to the people who joined in that custom game night. Yunno, @, @@Cooper, @@arglactable, @, and, to be honest, the rest who's gamertags/usernames I forget (Oh, and you, Beast. Killstealing asshat. /s XP). Was surprisingly fun and non frustrating, and I'm hoping we can make these a more common occurrence. Will be much better when we get/make newer, higher quality maps specifically tailored to these settings. It is surprising at how goddamn fun FFA is with those settings. Yunno, not getting punked by ARs, SMGs, and Storm Rifles, nor Spartan Charge. First time in nearly a year where I've been excited to play FFA. Goddamn.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Needs more on-map needlers, tbh.

There's a Hailstorm on one of those maps (The uber fancy "art" one). If I'm not mistaken, I ended up getting a triple kill from trigger tapping the bastard-weapon. That thing is soooooooo BS in normal multiplayer without a way to dodge. XP

I swear I don't steal kills man y'all are just delusional.

But gg's! Haven't seen a team choke a game as bad as that oddball game in a loooooong time. It was quite refreshing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 Legendary speedrun race between Distro and A_Royal_Hobo (the two best H5 runners who are tied for the WR) going on right now! There''s some good commentary going on, tune in or catch the VoD if you wanna see some cool H5 speedrunning tricks explained:

https://www.twitch.tv/esamarathon

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/1c2a6559-fb49-4c05-bad2-ba24e2db9c33?gamerTag=Cooptastrophe&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

That classic strafe. So fun.

Mother of god the default H5 settings feel soooooooo slow when you go back to MM.

Also, I have no idea how to embed a video.

Amazing how empowered every player is when a shooter has a strong strafe.

• Upvote (+1) 4

No Halo game has ever had a strafe that effective/fast. That's what we want the game to look and feel like but we've never had it that way.

If by classic you mean actual Arena shooters, then point taken.

It's what needs to happen moving forward though. Casuals want speed.Competitive players want no sprint.

Its win, win. Half the population just doesn't know it yet.

Unfortunately the devs fall into that group though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Amazing how empowered every player is when a shooter has a strong strafe.

The crazy part is how even with the H5 BR, people missed shots. There were reversals everywhere. I felt confident in challenging two players at once. There was a large delta between perfect and average ttks.

These settings are amazing imo. The only issue I see is that sword and camo are broken.

It's honestly going to be a joke watching the pro league stuff now knowing how competitive this game can be.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I swear I don't steal kills man y'all are just delusional.

But gg's! Haven't seen a team choke a game as bad as that oddball game in a loooooong time. It was quite refreshing.

Yaaaaas lol we passed them with 3 points in the last 5 seconds.

I swear to god, every time I search by myself, I get the person that has a higher rank than me, and goes > -6 every single fucking game

My friends and I used to do this all the time in H2 for coag, zanzi and waterworks. Our study halls were like town meetings for 15 year old staff captains.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If by classic you mean actual Arena shooters, then point taken.

I think he means a strafe that actually causes people to miss. The strafe has to be fast to counter the insane magnetism.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, I am going to be that guy who has 4sk Magnum settings.

Thanks to help from @@Hard Way (for being an AFK test dummy a few months back), and @, @@arglactable, and @@My Namez BEAST (you guys all helped out and gave some feedback).

3 things that are significantly improved on with these settings:

#1: 4sk Magnum (faster killtimes and more individually empowered players)

#2: And smoother more responsive jumping settings than the Old School settings (%120 jump height with %110 jump gravity).

#3: Also %110 movement speed (instead of %120), allows Camo to still be good, and scales remakes MUCH better. That Jungle Creek remake was scaled perfectly with %110 movement speed. Also strafe speed is nearly unaffected. Still nasty with %130 strafe acceleration.

I will be posting the complete settings for this in my own thread later today for those who are interested.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hows the spawning in Oddball?  Were they able to make them dynamic instead of sided spawns?

Does it not become dynamic when you get rid of all the spawn zones?

So, I am going to be that guy who has 4sk Magnum settings.

Thanks to help from @@Hard Way (for being an AFK test dummy a few months back), and @, @@arglactable, and @My Namez BEAST (you guys all helped out and gave some feedback).

3 things that are significantly improved on with these settings:

#1: 4sk Magnum (faster killtimes and more individually empowered players)

#2: And smoother more responsive jumping settings than the Old School settings (%120 jump height with %110 jump gravity).

#3: Also %110 movement speed (instead of %120), allows Camo to still be good, and scales remakes MUCH better. That Jungle Creek remake was scaled perfectly with %110 movement speed. Also strafe speed is nearly unaffected. Still nasty with %130 strafe acceleration.

I will be posting the complete settings for this in my own thread later today for those who are interested.

120 move acceleration I've found to be smoother with lower walk speeds.