CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Lunch break in 15 min homie

Do you have a link to that thread of maps?

I'll post it in the Discord. Everyone is conversating in there pretty heavily.

Lunch break in 15 min homie

Downloading and testing every map I can find lmao, some work, some don't just from walking around in them

Do you have a link to that thread of maps?

I'll post it in the Discord. Everyone is conversating in there pretty heavily.

I do not. Someone mentioned it a couple pages back.

H5's story and Batman vs. Superman had a lot in common (I don't mean that in a good way).

This video does a good job of breaking down a big reason why BvS was so bad, I think the points he brings up apply to H5 as well. 

There are very few "scenes" in H5. As a result, very little character building. I remember H3's campaign, after Floodgate, had that amazing cutscene where every major character in the game -- Arbiter, Spark, Chief, the Shipmaster, Lord Hood, Cortana recording, Miranda Keyes -- were all in the same room talking about what the fuck to do next. It was amazing character building. H5 had nothing of the sort, instead opting for those "moments" Nerdwriter talks about (the opening cutscene, that scene where Roland is like "WHAT IS HAPPENING" and no one answers him, etc.)

Obviously another parallel is the "two protagonists, one of whom we have literally never seen before, are pitted against each other and randomly make up halfway through to fight a common enemy" garbage. 

The "two protagonists" thing can work incredibly well -- Captain America Civil War and Daredevil S2 are prime examples -- but unfortunately we didn't get that with H5.

Technology is hard for old people :kappa:

Why can't we just use MySpace dammit

GET OFF MY LAWN

• Upvote (+1) 1

@, I had a super slow day at work today, and I decided to go full out nerd mode and make us an actual strat for Deadlock CTF, complete with opening rush, flag run setup, and takeback strat. I even drew an (awful) overhead map with little arrows for each guy like its a football play. Extreme nerdiness aside, I do think it's quite good, and could work as a solid framework for how we play the game type. Your 3-30 days are behind you! Lol

• Upvote (+1) 2