CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Really? It felt like H2A.5. What's different about it over Halo 2 besides a harder to use BR from strafing options? Honestly it felt like I'm playing the same game I have in the last few years with the addition of crouching removing recoil and a faster TTK

Edit- Actually I'm not even going to dignify this with a real response.

Just being no sprint makes it feel 1000x fresher and "newer" than default h5 which uses practically the same mechanics as every other shooter on the market.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Really? It felt like H2A.5. What's different about it over Halo 2 besides a harder to use BR from strafing options? Honestly it felt like I'm playing the same game I have in the last few years with the addition of crouching removing recoil and a faster TTK

Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

You just don't get it..

• Upvote (+1) 9

I didn't get a chance to use the shotgun/scattershot much, but if they are in fact too weak, we should consider using req variants, namely lawgiver and the scattershot that you're supposed to bounce off of shit.

Anyone feel like digging through that classic map submission thread and finding some good candidates?

We should compile a list of maps that play properly with these settings.

So would you say people who want to play these settings...

.. should just go back to MCC? :kappa:

Well this thread has been positive lately.

I was wondering when someone was going to notice this. Fucking strange how moods turn around when you're able to have fun for once haha  :D

It's nice seeing everyone being so constructive together and coming up with approaches on how we can make this even better.

I didn't get a chance to use the shotgun/scattershot much, but if they are in fact too weak, we should consider using req variants, namely lawgiver and the scattershot that you're supposed to bounce off of shit.

Anyone feel like digging through that classic map submission thread and finding some good candidates?

We should compile a list of maps that play properly with these settings.

One of the maps (I can't remember which one off the top of my head.. I want to say Sanctum maybe) had a Scattershot, it felt pretty good to me. I could've sworn I had a few one hit kills with it from almost point blank; I may have to go back and watch. I didn't see a shotgun at all during our games though. I just think it's cool that you can't have someone chase you down with thrust with the thing now.

I'm down to go on a map hunt after I get off work though.

So would you say people who want to play these settings...

.. should just go back to MCC? :kappa:

i mean we're gonna be playing on remakes either way :kappa:

One of the maps (I can't remember which one off the top of my head.. I want to say Sanctum maybe) had a Scattershot, it felt pretty good to me. I could've sworn I had a few one hit kills with it from almost point blank; I may have to go back and watch. I didn't see a shotgun at all during our games though. I just think it's cool that you can't have someone chase you down with thrust with the thing now.

I'm down to go on a map hunt after I get off work though.

Scatter was alright in that one map of Strongholds we played (forget the name but it was an outside map). Didn't really notice a nerf off the top of my head

Do you think it would be a good idea to make a TB Classic Customs thread?

People could post their GTs if they are interested in playing(opting in to invite spam lol) and the OP could be updated with the master list.

Perhaps the second post could be reserved for links to the gametype and maps?

This way when we're on our internet travels we can link that thread and try to spread the word and get others interested?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Scatter was alright in that one map of Strongholds we played (forget the name but it was an outside map). Didn't really notice a nerf off the top of my head

That's what I'm saying, didn't seem weak at all to me. I picked it up off someone and was able to grab a couple kills with it no problem.

If by "nerfed" we mean, "can't thrust-chase towards someone and spam the damn gun", then yes.. It's nerfed lol.

I didn't get a shotgun though, but I'd imagine it wasn't too bad. I think I remember @@Mythik Nick having one at one point.. What do you think Nick?

Do you think it would be a good idea to make a TB Classic Customs thread?

People could post their GTs if they are interested in playing(opting in to invite spam lol) and the OP could be updated with the master list.

Perhaps the second post could be reserved for links to the gametype and maps?

This way when we're on our internet travels we can link that thread and try to spread the word and get others interested?

Aye that could be a good idea.

That's what I'm saying, didn't seem weak at all to me. I picked it up off someone and was able to grab a couple kills with it no problem.

If by "nerfed" we mean, "can't thrust-chase towards someone and spam the damn gun", then yes.. It's nerfed lol.

I didn't get a shotgun though, but I'd imagine it wasn't too bad. I think I remember @@Mythik Nick having one at one point.. What do you think Nick?

Honestly with Thrust being removed I feel it has some nerfs and some buffs in that sense.

Once you ID in H5 someone has Scatter you can at least dodge one scatter shot and potentially get a trade or beat the guy if you outplay him or get the read that he's gonna go for Thrust and back off and shoot him in spots where it's unfavorable. Though I do agree you do get less aggressive options without Thrust

Speaking of no Thrust, Plasma Pistol is beyond ridiculous now as the only counter to it is removed and the Needler actually became something stupid good lol

The shotguns, especially the scattershot, are much much more consistent with the classic settings. If anything they're stronger, please don't use the req shotguns lol

Way too good for my liking. But I hate spammy power weapons in general.

if that's your issue with it, have Cast on maps similar to Regret or Truth where they're open and the strengths of charge shot are more emphasized

The map I used it on that i think you're referencing too had the important areas (stronghold placements) with a lot of movement in there. 2 Strongholds in a very tight corridor with corners makes Cast strong in those areas

if that's your issue with it, have Cast on maps similar to Regret or Truth where they're open and the strengths of charge shot are more emphasized

The map I used it on that i think you're referencing too had the important areas (stronghold placements) with a lot of movement in there. 2 Strongholds in a very tight corridor with corners makes Cast strong in those areas

The 2 maps it was on we're way too tight for the weapon. It would probably work better on other maps, but the ones it was on were rough. That and railgun.

The 2 maps it was on we're way too tight for the weapon. It would probably work better on other maps, but the ones it was on were rough. That and railgun.

Oh yea forgot Railgun. The gun was easy as it was in h5 and with no Thrust it just got better lol.