CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Because the Magnum is trash. Something only 343 can change.

Upping the movement speed and strafe acceleration probably only highlight it's flaws further, I'm sure.

And the BR isn't?

I can imagine a 4sk pistol working reasonably well with those settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Hard Way @

It is nice to see that I was not the only one who had a group testing classic settings. I have been wanting for a while to repost those settings we had last settled on.

Perhaps if I can get on tonight I can grab my settings so we can compare two and maybe make some adjustments. I am in favor of a 4sk Magnum, no rifles with a simpler sandbox.

It would be great if we can actually get a small following going this time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Hard Way @

It is nice to see that I was not the only one who had a group testing classic settings. I have been wanting for a while to repost those settings we had last settled on.

Perhaps if I can get on tonight I can grab my settings so we can compare two and maybe make some adjustments. I am in favor of a 4sk Magnum, no rifles with a simpler sandbox.

It would be great if we can actually get a small following going this time.

If you can that'd be awesome.

You and @ deserve to play man y'all were the one who took the effort to make classic settings in the first place.

Excited to play some games tonight :)

I would play "old school" settings literally all the time if I can get into consistent customs lobbies for it. Same goes for a playlist, though I doubt 343 would let a playlist that is more fun than their creative vision into Match-making. I was playing MCC earlier today and, bugs, shot registration, and people voting H4 and Death Island in BTB aside, it's just so much more enjoyable for me. Just have to stay out of the Team Hardcore Halo 3 MLG or Whiny Nerds Quit playlist. Those guys have played way too much of that game.

And fuck me does H4 have the most ear-bleedingly awful sound design I have ever heard. What is that BR sound even supposed to be?

• Upvote (+1) 1

And the BR isn't?

You're not understanding what I'm saying. The Magnum in Halo 5 is fundamentally not powerful or accurate enough to be changed to 4sk via custom games settings and still compete with most other weapons in the sandbox after the damage increase and movement increase. The other weapons would still be much easier to use and would have increased damage as well. Doesn't matter that you removed precision weapons (also not sure why that fixes anything.)

Unless I'm missing something here, it's not something you can just band-aid with custom games settings. 343 has to increase the Magnum's default damage.

You're not understanding what I'm saying. The Magnum in Halo 5 is fundamentally not powerful or accurate enough to be changed to 4sk via custom games settings and still compete with most other weapons on the map after the damage increase and movement increase. All the other weapons in the sandbox would still be much easier to use and would have increased damage as well. Doesn't matter that you removed precision weapons (also not sure why that fixes anything.)

Unless I'm missing something here, it's not something you can just band-aid with custom games settings. 343 has to increase the Magnum's default damage.

Independently increasing the health (thereby decreasing the power of autos) mitigates a lot of that.

Independently increasing the health (thereby decreasing the power of autos) mitigates a lot of that.

But there will still be power weapons on the map (with increased damage.)

idk, seems like a lot of hoops to jump through to remove 90% of the weapons just to use an inferior spawn weapon. Especially with the increased strafe acceleration and speed making it even harder to aim than before. I don't envision it being consistent at all. Again, that's just me though.

Classic settings with more squirrely aiming would be great in Halo 5. Some of these forge maps are amazing. It would be nicer if the sniper wasn't so easy.

Storm rifle starts you uncultured swine. This is H5.

Dude, you don't even need to pump the trigger with the Magnum to prevent it from overheating. No skill.

Dude, you don't even need to pump the trigger with the Magnum to prevent it from overheating. No skill.

Says the kid that got 0 accuracy in a game smh.

Stick to your noob weapons I'll keep using my pro storm rifle. No pump = no skill. New motto.

The gametype is meant to be downloaded and played on any map without having to change the maps themselves, along with giving both BR and Magnum players the flexibility of using whatever they prefer. You can play Old School on the disc maps and still have fun doing so, (Plaza, Empire, Truth and Tyrant are my favorites), but to really get hit with a wave of nostalgia, load up some well built remakes and you're set for the evening.

While I kinda understand the purpose of making the settings playable on default maps, I simply disagree. I am of the opinion that default H5 maps are mostly crap, and even with classic settings I am hesitant to play on them.

I would rather amazing maps be made to support amazing settings, than have decent settings made for subpar maps.

If you can that'd be awesome.

You and @ deserve to play man y'all were the one who took the effort to make classic settings in the first place.

Excited to play some games tonight :)

Dang I almost forgot about @

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZkgKcD2oKo

Daily cancer post.

"If you don't like sprint, just don't use it."

"We're all spartans for christ sake."

"I love it, it makes me feel like a spartan."

"Just go and play Halo 3."

Literally every stereotype is present in this video.

I got 15 seconds in and had to shut it off. What the actual fuck is that guy on? Holy AIDS.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

And the BR isn't?

The BR has a faster average kill time than the pistol. Especially if we're talking upped movement and acceleration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZkgKcD2oKo

Daily cancer post.

"If you don't like sprint, just don't use it."

"We're all spartans for christ sake."

"I love it, it makes me feel like a spartan."

"Just go and play Halo 3."

Literally every stereotype is present in this video.

They somehow harnessed all the idiocy of Waypoint into one video. Even the voice is a perfect representation of what I believe the moron hivemind would sound like.

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@MultiLockOn, do you have any interest in forging maps for these settings? I don't care if they're remakes or originals. I trust your map design.

I know of a bunch that could probably work :) catch me online and we'll throw some on. When's the lobby going down?

@@MultiLockOn has Legion which is a fan-fucking-tastic map.

Made for 2v2 but could probably support 4v4.

I have a whole category of forge maps lined up for tonight to play

Oh Lord no that would be awful ahaha you couldn't get around Legion properly without the abilities lol let alone 4v4

I know of a bunch that could probably work :) catch me online and we'll throw some on. When's the lobby going down?

Oh Lord no that would be awful ahaha you couldn't get around Legion properly without the abilities lol let alone 4v4

BOI

The jump height literally makes up for clamber and the base speed is near sprint.

Also lobby is tonight, might start around 10 EST?

Is that good with you fellas?

I would rather amazing maps be made to support amazing settings, than have decent settings made for subpar maps.

You're in luck; almost every single Halo map in existence has been reforged, along with excellent original maps providing lots of fun for Old School. Search for the best of the best.

You're in luck; almost every single Halo map in existence has been reforged, along with excellent original maps providing lots of fun for Old School. Search for the best of the best.

I have White Cell and Backlash, which look pretty good, along with Luxor Station.

What other 4's maps would you recommend?