CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

But it's come to the point where any argument on this forum is thrown out if immersion is used. I see immersion as the developer using tools, sounds, graphics, controls, to make you feel as if you are a part of its world and it's people. THAT is not a bad thing. What 343 is doing with Sprint is trying to make Halo more realistic.

If that's the case I'd rather play a game that's fun, not realistic.

If that's the case I'd rather play a game that's fun, not realistic.

Yes well I'm sure nobody on this forum would pick gameplay over realism.

Holy shit, they made changes for WZFF fast.

WARZONE FIREFIGHT ADJUSTMENTS

URBAN

• Moved “Defend the Garage” objective from Round 1 to Round 2
  • Moved “Defend the Forerunner Powercore” (Hill) objective to Round 3
  • Moved “Eliminate Knight Sublimis and the Phaeton Helmsmen” objective to Round 4
  • Moved “Eliminate the Banshee Raiders” objective to Round 4
  • Moved “Kill 35 Prometheans” objective to Round 3
MARCH ON STORMBREAK
  • Reduced target number for “Kill Soldiers” objective in Round 2 from 50 to 35
  • Reduced target number for “Kill Knights” objective in Round 4 from 25 to 20
RAID ON APEX 7 
  • Moved “Kill 60 Grunts” objective to Round 3
  • Moved Solder Bandit boss objective to Round 3
  • Moved “Eliminate the Hunter Particulars” objective to round 4
  • Moved “Eliminate the Hunter Premiers” objective to round 3
  • Moved “Eliminate the Warden Eternal” objective to Round 4
  • Moved “Kill 25 Knights” objective to Round 4
  • Reduced number of knight waves that come in with Grunt Boss in Round 5
SKIRMISH AT DARKSTAR
  • Moved “Defend the Armory” (Promethean) to Round 2
  • Moved “Defend the Armory” (Covenant) to Round 1
  • Moved “Eliminate the Soldier Commandos” objective to Round 4
  • Moved “Eliminate the Phaeton Helmsmen” objective to Round 4
  • Moved “Eliminate the Warden Eternal” objective to Round 3
ESCAPE FROM A.R.C. 
  • Moved “Defend the Garage” objective to round 4
  • Moved “Eliminate the Recon Pilots” objective to Round 3
FORGE
  • Fixed issues with “generating lighting” on Tidal.

Sprint isn't even immersive in the context of the Halo universe. Spartans are super soldiers who are physically able to run full speed and shoot weapons with great precision at the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Holy shit, they made changes for WZFF fast.

WARZONE FIREFIGHT ADJUSTMENTS

URBAN

• Moved “Defend the Garage” objective from Round 1 to Round 2
  • Moved “Defend the Forerunner Powercore” (Hill) objective to Round 3
  • Moved “Eliminate Knight Sublimis and the Phaeton Helmsmen” objective to Round 4
  • Moved “Eliminate the Banshee Raiders” objective to Round 4
  • Moved “Kill 35 Prometheans” objective to Round 3
MARCH ON STORMBREAK

• Reduced target number for “Kill Soldiers” objective in Round 2 from 50 to 35
  • Reduced target number for “Kill Knights” objective in Round 4 from 25 to 20
RAID ON APEX 7

• Moved “Kill 60 Grunts” objective to Round 3
  • Moved Solder Bandit boss objective to Round 3
  • Moved “Eliminate the Hunter Particulars” objective to round 4
  • Moved “Eliminate the Hunter Premiers” objective to round 3
  • Moved “Eliminate the Warden Eternal” objective to Round 4
  • Moved “Kill 25 Knights” objective to Round 4
  • Reduced number of knight waves that come in with Grunt Boss in Round 5
SKIRMISH AT DARKSTAR

• Moved “Defend the Armory” (Promethean) to Round 2
  • Moved “Defend the Armory” (Covenant) to Round 1
  • Moved “Eliminate the Soldier Commandos” objective to Round 4
  • Moved “Eliminate the Phaeton Helmsmen” objective to Round 4
  • Moved “Eliminate the Warden Eternal” objective to Round 3
ESCAPE FROM A.R.C.

• Moved “Defend the Garage” objective to round 4
  • Moved “Eliminate the Recon Pilots” objective to Round 3
FORGE

• Fixed issues with “generating lighting” on Tidal.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/7-15-16-halo-5-hotfix

Nothing about the mission impossible round 5's that some maps have though.

Wow, I thought it would at least be a month or two before any changes were made.

Disappointed that there isn't a reduced respawn timer and I guess the 3 Wardens still spawn in the home base in round 5.

All I'm looking for is 1 line and that's "made enemies less spongey."

But these changes are still welcome, just not that big.

Exactly. Or the, "made any of these objectives actually enjoyable without 8 people focus-firing on every single enemy."

Sprint isn't even immersive in the context of the Halo universe. Spartans are super soldiers who are physically able to run full speed and shoot weapons with great precision at the same time.

Yeah, but I'm sure it's immersive in the context of all of the Call of Duty/Battlefield/Destiny players that 343 really wishes would play their games. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry, and I hate to be that guy, but physiologically and mechanically speaking, no Human-like bipedal will ever hit top speed without enacting some form of counter torque to deal with your hips rotating. That torque provided by pumping your arms when running allows you to not only maintain balance but counteract the natural rotation from an elongated stride that you normally see while running/sprinting.

They can run and shoot with great precision, easily faster and better than a normal UNSC Marine, but they're not all of a sudden a completely different species from some enhancements.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry, and I hate to be that guy, but physiologically and mechanically speaking, no Human-like bipedal will ever hit top speed without enacting some form of counter torque to deal with your hips rotating. That torque provided by pumping your arms when running allows you to not only maintain balance but counteract the natural rotation from an elongated stride that you normally see while running/sprinting.

They can run and shoot with great precision, easily faster and better than a normal UNSC Marine, but they're not all of a sudden a completely different species from some enhancements.

What if we give our spartan a pair of Heelys and use the thrust to go forward? That's pretty immersive.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

once again we're playing a genetically enhanced super soldier wearing some super high-tech suit in an fictional universe with weapons beeing capable of killing shit across the galaxy, lots of fictional tech here and there and (my favourite) something that reminds me of a force choke (thank you halo 4)

I hate to be that guy but if you want to play the "physiologically-possible"-card I want to remind you that the UNSC somehow managed to turn off the spartans digestion allowing us to paly without taking virtual piss and shit breaks, I really don't see how some mionr issues like counter torque can not be adresed by genetical enhancement or the armor in the lore...

I just find it hilarious that Master Chief used to be able to run and shoot accurately in the OG trilogy, but after his cryosleep all of the sudden he's as slow as a turtle unless he lowers his weapon and has to rely on Armor and Spartan Abilities to get shit done. Very #immersive 343.

And why would Spartans stop relying on their smart-link and use the "new" technology that requires them to ADS and block half of their view? And why can they suddenly no longer pick up powerups, but have to click a button and waste 2s like a complete dumbass? 343 use 'mmursion to justify their questionable gameplay changes, but also expect that complete plot holes like this can just be swept under the rug like an MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I just find it hilarious that Master Chief used to be able to run and shoot accurately in the OG trilogy, but after his cryosleep all of the sudden he's as slow as a turtle unless he lowers his weapon and has to rely on Armor and Spartan Abilities to get shit done. Very #immersive 343.

Nanotechnology :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

He also has to actually ADS too. He done fucked up.

I'm terrified to think how bad theatre will be next Halo game if it continues to degrade at the rate it has from Halo 3 to now.

Spartan Charge would be fine if it didn't have the stupidly long lunge and magnetism on it.

I don't think I died from the beta with it more than ten times.

Agreed, just got a little too assisted.

Or if there was a window to play against it, I constantly feel inconsistency on trying to trade a beat down with a spartan charging player.

I really don't see how some minor issues like counter torque can not be adresed by genetical enhancement or the armor in the lore...

Here, the cool thing about classical physics/mechanics is that you can test things yourself! Try this: 

- Go outside.

- Either go to a track or something where you can gauge a 50 m sprint.

- Have a friend time your 50m sprint running as you would normally.

- Now run the same 50m with two different stipulations 1) with your arms held up in front of you (#immersion), 2) With your right arm coming out at the same time as your right leg and vice-versa.

- Record your findings.

Want me to save you the trouble and time? It's called classical mechanics for a reason... Unless the Halo universe exists inside of a black hole or is in a universe with completely different fundamental forces and laws (hint: it doesn't.) then the same physical and physiological constraints apply.

FFS, this isn't even a sprint argument in Halo when it comes to the gameplay. My original response was in regards to someone stating that as a human you can move at top speed without a coupled force system to balance all the forces/torques. You can't. Doesn't matter how strong you are or how fast you are, you will never hit top speed without counteracting the forces acting on your body through some form of mechanical Torque which, as I stated earlier, is provided by your arms moving up and down.

Source: I've been slaving away at an Engineering degree for a chunk of my life and have dealt with several courses in mechanics taught at all sorts of levels. Yes, I know College = scam.

I'm terrified to think how bad theatre will be next Halo game if it continues to degrade at the rate it has from Halo 3 to now.

It just won't be there.

Agreed, just got a little too assisted.

Or if there was a window to play against it, I constantly feel inconsistency on trying to trade a beat down with a spartan charging player.

I wouldn't even mind if you could trust out of the way of it. That makes too much sense.

Nothing about the mission impossible round 5's that some maps have though.

I once thought this, but actually all the round 5's are beatable with the right strategy (though some are super-annoying).  Basically you just need teammates with thumbs and level 7 vehicles

I once thought this, but actually all the round 5's are beatable with the right strategy (though some are super-annoying). Basically you just need teammates with thumbs and level 7 vehicles

3 Wardens in the back of Urban is 99% impossible.