CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I don't think they lie. I just don't like how their statements are all easy, maybe intentionally easy, to misinterpret. Okay so it has the better numbers than all of the failed Halo games. Nice. How much better? It has the highest player retention of all of the failed Halo titles. Nice. How much higher? Better could mean barely above or extremely healthy. Why even say something like that but refuse to support with the actual data unless you're hoping for an overreaction (a good one) to the positive spin?

343 stand to gain by putting their product in a positive light, all I'm asking for is for some skepticism given this company's history with us as a community.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

343 stand to gain by putting their product in a positive light, all I'm asking for is for some skepticism given this company's history with us as a community.

How about some optimism?

If it makes you feel better, this morning I got beaten by a team with a player that swapped his BR for a needler in BTB.

#utilityweapon

vC7CsuQ.png

For those who care.

Though, I imagine he's lying and if they released actual numbers, they would also by lying.

EDIT: Bold is completely satire. Just poking fun at some people.

Ok cool Bravo! Now show us the numbers. 

O_____O

Ok cool Bravo! Now show us the numbers. 

O_____O

Don't say this in the HCS reddit thread. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well i guess Firefight did bring the casuals. Would love to see the numbers of Warzone vs Arena

Don't disagree that the numbers have gone up, but numbers would be nice. I would love to know if 343i was able to retain some of the population after the free week.

This statement literally means nothing. 

I always like my lemonade with a twist, too.

How about some optimism?

I've had optimism since Halo Reach. That has brought me.

Bloom

Removal of 1-50 

Halo 4

Playable elites removed

MLG dropping Halo

Shady AGL scandals

MCC being BROKEN

H2A being lackluster

Halo 5 launch with little content and garbage playlists

At this point I aint touching Halo unless its on PC.

W10 Halo I do have hope for lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This statement literally means nothing.

how dare you question 343, the pinnacle of transparency, the beacon of truth in an industry of lies, the way and the light...
  • Upvote (+1) 9

how dare you question 343, the pinnacle of transparency, the beacon of truth in an industry of lies, the way and the light...

yeah, no ones saying or doing this lmao

They don't have to be lying about anything for that mass of weasel words and vaguely positive sentiments to mean basically nothing. Oh, it's been increasing over the past few months? By how much? 5 people? 5000? Seriously. Since when? Did it happen to be right after a significant population drop-off, as they continued to finish the game? Best "monthly active" numbers since H3, the last Halo game that was a huge success? What the hell does that mean? Does that include people who started it once, played nothing, and never touched it again?

I don't think it's unreasonable to be pretty wary of of this kind of clarification that manages to be both perfectly vague and oddly specific while informing us of basically nothing aside from "it's doing totally great, guys!" Bravo might as well have said "We're looking into it."

I'm pretty skeptical of that as well because I'm pretty sure that Reach had over 100k population online at once during it's lifetime and I highly doubt Halo 5 is getting anywhere near that number.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm pretty skeptical of that as well because I'm pretty sure that Reach had over 100k population online at once during it's lifetime and I highly doubt Halo 5 is getting anywhere near that number.

Reach's population counter was always janky, I don't think Halo has ever had a "live" in-game pop counter. H4 was probably the closest to that but I know that either H3 and/or Reach used player pop over a period of time.

Reach's population counter was always janky, I don't think Halo has ever had a "live" in-game pop counter. H4 was probably the closest to that but I know that either H3 and/or Reach used player pop over a period of time.

So I think it was like this.

• Halo 3 was active users over a 24 hour period
  • Halo: Reach was active users in real time (or within a relatively small time period, similar to the Beyond forums) across all activities including campaign, custom games, etc
  • Halo 4 was active users across matchmaking in real time (or within a relatively small time period)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

How the flying fuck do people still fall for the "just trust us"? All that got us is: H4, MCC, radar in "competitive settings" and a ridiculous "sustain plan". This company does not deserve the benefit of the doubt, they have actively done everything in their power to destroy players' trust in them.

We don't want numbers because we get excited from the thought of Halo 5 having abysmal population and refuse to believe anything that interferes with that thought.

We want numbers because anything 343 says has literally zero weight in the real world. They have been caught lying out of their asses far too many times.

• Upvote (+1) 7

When the hell is this season going to reset? There's no point in playing Arena at this point and it's already the 8th. Aren't they supposed to reset at the beginning of the month?

When the hell is this season going to reset? There's no point in playing Arena at this point and it's already the 8th. Aren't they supposed to reset at the beginning of the month?

In-game text also says June-July season.

Nice to see Halo 5 doing well. I've always thought the population was fine, but a boost certainly doesn't hurt. What thread was that in at r/halo?

Edit: Biggest implication of that post is that it makes a convincing argument for more playlist variety. Hopefully we can see a permanent ranked doubles and another social playlist or two. Maybe implementing more community maps and playlists will keep the counter rising. Given this era of multi-platform releases and popularity, seeing the exclusive doing well and holding a playerbase is nice.

I feel like this game is in a place with content now that would have garnered a lot of attention if it had been the release product. Oh well, hopefully they're able to keep the features for the next title rather than rebuilding them and taking a long time to implement.

Man im terrible after this game after not playing the game relatively regularly (took like a week and a half break). My muscle memory is still somewhat existent with some bum jumps that are hard execution wise but overall im super meh with how I've been moving in general. Cant even shoot with my pistol anymore sheesh.

Also the arena rank reset change is dope, I never did find the 1 month reset thing to be the best. 2 months i think is a nice change of pace, I always find the constant placement matches to be really annoying. 

and played like 3 FF matches, I like it so far but wish the game had a gametype similar to GoW where the game isn't done so quickly. but i think with how WZ works you cant do custom games, right? So I guess thats not gonna happen

• Upvote (+1) 1