CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Once I finally select and acquire all the parts and assemble a sweet new PC, I'm definitely keeping the Xbone around, primarily to play certain games with console pleb friends. Luckily, that will be pretty compatible with the PC Master Race life-style, because of the "Xbox Play Anywhere" plan Microsoft has going forward and their generally open approach to cross-platform play, while I scoff at all of the console kids who can't play SPv3.  :simms:

I hope H5 customs on PC can result in some decent non-343lo settings that people will actually play. The game could be so much better with someone less arrogant and more competent tweaking that stuff.

"Haylo Heilio Hayyyylo!" Jesus christ why does every youtuber have to have literally the same annoying personality? I've watched too many videos of man-children talking like they're 12.

Also, it looks like 343's stragety worked on him. "Strip everything away at launch, re-add it as "free" updates, get praised.

WHAT is goin--

*puts peg on nose*

WHAT is goin on guys, it's--

*sells mother's house for REQ packs*

WHAT is up guys--

*makes hour-long video of a BR skin in Warzone with the same

looped*

WHAT'S goin on guys it's EagleB--

*uses matching weapon skin/headset/gaming chair colours*

WHAT is up guys EagleBurn comin atcha--

*gets EagleBurn Nation tattoo*

WHAT'S up guys it's EagleB--

*realizes he forgot to suggest liking & subscribing in last video, dies of shock*

• Upvote (+1) 3

I like all this content they are giving us but I'm still not sold on the sustain plan. I think we would retain a lot higher of a population if the game was released with all this content and then they still found way to support the game in other ways. This is one of the most powerful forges and it seems like a big waste to not have a working file share system that features amazing content.

Again, I give them credit for having good competitive maps and modes right out of the gate but I feel like I would see people complain all the time that matchmaking was always "sweaty". You shouldn't have to go to warzone to "relax" especially when you can often run into a group of people trying really hard there. It's cool that they have featured forge maps for doubles, BTB and Breakout even though I don't think BTB or Breakout had a lot to offer.

I don't think it would happen but I would like to see Halo 6 release with more content available and then supported by featuring community content and making it accessible for people to play and find people to play with. Sure, add in a new warzone map or arena map too here and there but there's nothing to fall back on incase the remix maps aren't great. While they are cool I don't think I've heard anyone really praise them competitively.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The new Warzone map is pure garbage. Love the idea that the attackers can spawn a Wasp can kill me off spawn. 343 has never understood how spawns work and it shows in every map they make.

Im surprised that this community hasn't banded together to make some kind of push for a classic type playlist in H5.

im disappointed in each and every one of you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im surprised that this community hasn't banded together to make some kind of push for a classic type playlist in H5.

im disappointed in each and every one of you.

Where were you when we tried a few months back?

They never work.

Where were you when we tried a few months back?

They never work.

@@Cooper

Pretty much this. I made a thread and tried to get it going, but literally NO ONE would join customs to test maps and settings. @ was like one of the 4 people who tried to assist me in getting maps and settings to pitch to 343 for a classic playlist.

I guess everyone is too worried about grinding for REQ packs to care for a classic playlist. :kappa:

@@Cooper

Pretty much this. I made a thread and tried to get it going, but literally NO ONE would join customs to test maps and settings. @ was like one of the 4 people who tried to assist me in getting maps and settings to pitch to 343 for a classic playlist.

I guess everyone is too worried about grinding for REQ packs to care for a classic playlist. :kappa:

Ok

Im disappointed in everyone except these 4 people.

I would go both for the PC exclusives, but I would mainly game on my Xbox.

PS4 + PC + XB1 here.

Join the superior "I-have-everything" camp.

I have now officially joined the PC Master Race! Xbox One for sale. I would like to thank 343 for their interesting design decisions and Microsoft's new Xbox Play Anywhere for making this happen.

ABFaLb.jpg

Sincerely hope you didn't buy that 970 new. Yikes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have now officially joined the PC Master Race! Xbox One for sale. I would like to thank 343 for their interesting design decisions and Microsoft's new Xbox Play Anywhere for making this happen.

Nice specs my dude, you'll feel the need for some halo cocaine but the withdrawal is not the hardest part, is leaving your friends.

Here's my baby btw, thinking of buying a 10XX series soon™, Apparently the 1060 performs like a 980 and starting price is $249.  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Cooper

No one tried because most old school players either didn't buy Halo 5 or they are trying to be sweaty nerds to compete in hcs.

And halo 5s aiming is fundamentally broken, both in terms of comfort and in terms of how every gun aims for you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Weird spot for your PSU. Never seen a tower put it there.

What? Almost every PC I've seen, especially cheaper ones, old ones and PCs at work have a top loaded psu.

Nice specs my dude, you'll feel the need for some halo cocaine but the withdrawal is not the hardest part, is leaving your friends.

Are you implying that all my friends weren't smarter than me and left Halo back during Reach? I was the dumb one. I'm the last one out.

Nice and clean!

• Upvote (+1) 2

PS4 + PC + XB1 here.

Join the superior "I-have-everything" camp.

Wii U + PC + Xbox One. I am in the I have everything I can die happy camp.

Fucking lol. I used to have a friends list full of Halo players in H3 and pretty much every single one of them stopped playing Halo because of Reach and H4. The worst part was watching quite a few come back for MCC and then get rekt by 343.

• Upvote (+1) 8

No ps4? Can't say you have everything then!

The only reason to pick up a PS4 is for single-player exclusives. It's the reason why I don't bother paying for PS+.

No ps4? Can't say you have everything then!

Well I don't really care for its exclusives. BloodBourn? I'll just play Dark Souls. Uncharted? I'll just play Tomb Raider.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've said this before but even if halo comes to PC and I still have an interest in it at all, I'll probably stick to console, I've found that with me it's easier to play solo on a console for extended periods, especially fps multiplayer games since I like controllers and using those on PC against keyboard and mouse people is suicide, not to mention heresy. I do game with friends on PC, and there are a few games I can really get into solo on the platform, red orchestra is my favorite PC game right now, but I've been groomed for consoles, so I'm still spending more hours in any given game on a console than a PC.

• Upvote (+1) 2