CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

In WZFF, wouldn't you have to beat the 5 rounds to get the REQ packs? Many new players don't have the tanks, or anything really, to take down the bosses, and it takes a team to win. WZFF doesn't really seem like a good mode for people who just got into the game, as the AI would probably be too difficult or the bullet sponge nature of the bosses would turn them away.

The REQ system has gotten better, but all the filler just makes it really tedious. At least now they don't have to deal with getting 2 legendary emblems in a gold pack.

There are packs tied to winning yes, but most of the commendations like just killing enemies of each type will give you a bunch of packs too. It's not just solely from winning.

I also forgot that daily win packs have a chance at unlocking some permanent REQs.

Unfortunately, there's alot of politics in our company in terms of community personalities etc that belong to Beyond yet don't really play H5. It also doesn't help that most of our members are arena folk and exclusively play arena. I know I don't really wish to play Warzone unless I play with others or I'm taking a break from FFA/Team Arena. 

We had a good group of grinders at one point but they left to other companies once they saw how slow our progression and lack of interest in grinding the helmet seemed to be.

:/

Unfortunately, there's alot of politics in our company in terms of community personalities etc that belong to Beyond yet don't really play H5. It also doesn't help that most of our members are arena folk and exclusively play arena. I know I don't really wish to play Warzone unless I play with others or I'm taking a break from FFA/Team Arena.

We had a good group of grinders at one point but they left to other companies once they saw how slow our progression and lack of interest in grinding the helmet seemed to be.

That's exactly why I left Beyond company. We would have like 40 inactive players and they would stay on for weeks and weeks.

My new company has minimum percentage you have to get per week in multiple certain commendations or you will get booted. Because of that, it's moving incredibly fast and we should get the helmet in 3 weeks.

I just noticed your profile pic is from TesseracT's newest album.

I love that album, just listened to it last night.

:intel:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Does anyone experience one day feeling really good at aiming and then the next day it feels completely messed up?

I've been playing Half-Life between today and yesterday. I wonder if I got used to its aiming then switched back to Halo 5's dumb aiming and it messed me up.

With shit like that I'm glad it was free for a week for me to try a little more than I originally did but I can't put up with this garbage. It feels so weird. Halo 1-2 are like a glove with the aiming. Totally comfortable.

Day to day?  Try game to game.  It's ridiculous how inconsistent the aiming is.  Do you ever get that shit where it feels like the game is pushing your reticle off of your opponent?  And when you try to put it back on, the sticky aim kicks in too soon and it feels like your reticle is locked just off of his body?  Or when your opponent thrusts and your sticky aim forgets its name and bleeds out of it's nose for 3 seconds?

• Upvote (+1) 6

I've noticed a ton of new players in WZ and Arena, probably over half of WZ players I've run into are SR30 or lower ... not sure if this is good or bad, lol. Either existing/new player bases are both low or both high, I guess? Probably not the latter

I've noticed a ton of new players in WZ and Arena, probably over half of WZ players I've run into are SR30 or lower ... not sure if this is good or bad, lol. Either existing/new player bases are both low or both high, I guess? Probably not the latter

I imagine the free week helped...

Day to day?  Try game to game.  It's ridiculous how inconsistent the aiming is.  Do you ever get that shit where it feels like the game is pushing your reticle off of your opponent?  And when you try to put it back on, the sticky aim kicks in too soon and it feels like your reticle is locked just off of his body?  Or when your opponent thrusts and your sticky aim forgets its name and bleeds out of it's nose for 3 seconds?

+1 to everything you mentioned. Sometimes it feels so easy, like last night I was totally stomping people with my pistol against rifle users, today my controller stick felt like it does when I play PC games 'cause sticky aim was barely working. It didn't help that I was playing some tighter maps with lots of verticality like Cobalt and tracking people up and down especially up close is fucking impossible in this game because of how muddy the turning feels sometimes. But if I bump up sensitivity my mid range game is all over the place. Ugh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I imagine the free week helped...

lol my bad, i thought the free week context was implied; just meant that there were more new players than expected ... or player pop was already so low that a small influx of new players made a big impact

Why would they make bosses in warzone take so much damage to kill. It doesn't feel rewarding to fight bosses. You just shoot them until you're out of ammo while hiding when weak. Would be so much more entertaining if the enemies hunted you down instead. Also I would prefer coordinated deadly enemies with realistic health. I see so much missed potential here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would they make bosses in warzone take so much damage to kill. It doesn't feel rewarding to fight bosses. You just shoot them until you're out of ammo while hiding when weak. Would be so much more entertaining if the enemies hunted you down instead. Also I would prefer coordinated deadly enemies with realistic health. I see so much missed potential here.

Well, that would take far, far more work than quadrupling their health and changing their color. So that's probably why.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I love that album, just listened to it last night.

I enjoy this also

It's because 343 can't seem to create properly difficult encounters to save their lives. I didn't get to play Warzone before the trial was up, but the campaign was evidence enough of how they handle PvE stuff. The most "difficult" sections are there ones where they throw asinine combinations of enemies at you with minimal options of approach. Like, I should not be stuck behind cover taking potshots at Knights who are spamming my position with Incineration Cannons along with two Ghosts and what feels like eighty million Shade turrets while my teammates do jack shit in a goddamn HALO game. I want to be out there IN THE FIGHT.

They do this because their AI isn't well tuned to behave in a way that challenges the player through action. Instead they just throw more crap at you.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It would be a lot better if there were a lot more active players in the company. Our average for Ground Vehicle kills hasn't really changed after my last update. 7 weeks ago we were averaging 80 kills a day, and today we're averaging 81 kills a day. So that means in 403 days we will be done. :kappa:

Lol

Hopefully the company gets 9 really active players to fill the empty spots.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The spartan company exists for more than just unlocking two mediocre pieces of armor.

Ya

It exists so people who never play H5 can have the spartan company name "beyond entertainment" under thier gt in the game they never play.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just had a FF game where I had the highest score, the most kills, the most legendary kills and the least amount of deaths, but I got 4th place. Huh? Is that a glitch or am I missing something as to why I wasn't first?

Have y'all noticed a bump in population since it's been free on Xbox live? Just saw something on r/halo about someone being happy that it's free or else they wouldn't have played it, so I was wondering if y'all have noticed anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think I have been as pissed off at Halo 5 as I got when playing WZF. It was tolerable playing as a party of four, but playing with a low level friend was abysmal.

It's decent in concept but the Promethean enemies are like the Harbingers of death no matter what. The fucking little pieces of shit are not predictable in any way and are never consistent. You just finish cleaning up some stragglers and are beginning to reload your weapon, only to to have 20 more spawn on your ass and incinerate you faster than you can turn around.

The damn crawlers seem to sometimes not die from head shots now, and the shoddy aim assist only helps to make you lose headshots whenever a huge group spawns. Soldiers are teleporting psychopaths with god tier accuracy that never stop shooting. Knights are basically bullet sponges in all their glory with the bosses taking it to another level with the removed vulnerabilities.

What makes Prometheans worse is the damn wave/objective pacing. Just recently, I had a game where 2 Teal Wardens spawned at the beach on Apex 7 on wave 3. What a shit show. Not only are they surrounded by Incinerator Knights, but you occasionally get moderately sized groups spawning behind you.  What takes the cake for me is how overpowered the Wardens and several other bosses are. My Ghost Ultra was one shot by the Wardens 'black hole' bomb after it curved 45 degrees around the mountain. Didn't get a single kill with it and failed the wave, only at REQ level 4.

Furthermore, I found out that the Recon Pilot is not to be trifled with. Had a Ghost Ultra and was taking pot shots to take it out. At 20% health, the pilot fires a salvo, in which only 1 or 2 of the projectiles hit my vehicle. I get insta killed, but my Ghost survives, only for it to despawn.

What a load of bullshit. Perfect topic for a "You Know What's Bullshit?" video for AVGN.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just got 164 kills in Warzone Firefight - anyone get any higher?

oCykBKE.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ya

It exists so people who never play H5 can have the spartan company name "beyond entertainment" under thier gt in the game they never play.

There's a guy that's level 20 something in this company, and many people that are less than 60. Why the hell are they in the company taking up space when someone that plays can help get Achilles. We are never going to get it a this rate. They don't even fucking play why would they care if they get booted?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This is what bugs me. I can see the passion behind 343, I really do. They do love making games but they do not want to make a Halo game. They're just stuck with it so they're constantly trying ot make their dream game and doing the bare minimum to claim it as a Halo title.

No doubt that they love making games.

But it's hard to believe that they can make a "successful" game without the Halo name smeared on the cover.

Didn't some of the multiplayer designers from 343 leave to make their own company? It's like they think they have talent or something.