CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Has Warzone gotten worse or have all of the players with some balls left? It literally just devolves into a bunch of fucking idiots cowering around their REQ stations for most of the game. What a horrendously designed mode.

WZFF on Urban is fucking impossible. The endless amount of enemies that tank the shit out of your shots and 3 Wardens that you can't reach with vehicles properly is just plain stupid. Jesus Christ.

• Upvote (+1) 4

WZFF on Urban is fucking impossible. The endless amount of enemies that tank the shit out of your shots and 3 Wardens that you can't reach with vehicles properly is just plain stupid. Jesus Christ.

Urban is actually where I got 1 of my only 2 FF wins so far. But we got lucky, wave 5 was 2 Wardens outside instead of 3 Wardens in the back of the base where they are virtually impossible to kill quickly. We also lucked out and didn't get the defend the satellite thing or whatever it is wave.

The 2 Wardens outside is still a bit of a scramble at first since they spawn with a bunch of Wraiths and Banshees.

To be fair that was pretty decent strafe, the shooter just has mad skillz. 

I wasn't joking lol, I haven't seen strafing like that since Reach

When wave 4 ends you just have to pray you get the easy round 5 and not the impossible one.

I just afk if I pull mission impossible round 5.

Also the fact Halsey never met S3s until Onyx.

Or the fact that Cortana was with John at the time.

Why was a S2 in the group of some of the most secretive groups?

Just so many incredibly stupid potholes.

i think some of these were explained but I'm not sure.

Warzone is a complete fucking joke. I really had forgotten how incredibly awful it is from a basic design perspective. And Sanctum? Yet another map that SNOW BALLS IN FAVOR OF WHOEVER GETS THE CENTER BASE, which of course the team of randoms always doesn't, even if I manage to clear out the enemy team. Seriously. These people get paid to design this garbage? And, of course, I get the same group of stat-whoring dip-shits twice in a row and what happens? They camp the ONE POWER POSITION until they have a high enough REQ level to spam a metric fuck ton of power weapons and vehicles and sodomize my team of randoms. Spawn. Get blown up by a wraith while standing in the MIDDLE OF THE GARAGE. This is Halo now.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 2s engine is either really awful or they didn't use it effectively. You can't just slap an art style on a particular engine and call it a day as if you're still on the halo engine.

Everything feels like fragile cardboard or plastic in Halo 2. When vehicles explode it looks like a bunch of plastic falling apart rather than a proper explosion. The sound design lends to this with perhaps the weakest sound in the entire series. Every gun sounds muted. Also the lunge melee design looks bad on a lot of animations. Like with the br and smg you flip up your arms and hit them with the bottom of your fist or something? You're not extending a big punch. And lunging forward but coming to a dead stop right as you hit them just looks really awkward. You should be driving through them and knocking them back with a lunging attack like that. It just looks dumb imo.

I thought the vehicle destruction was pretty good, certainly better than anything else I had played at the time. When the Scarab destroys the Warthog in the tunnel or the Scorpion tank in front of that building for example. The delayed explosions on Ghosts and Banshees were also great imo.

Gun sounds are better slightly muted than overly complex and overpowering imo. These are sounds you hear constantly throughout any given session, they shouldn't overpower everything else or create fatigue in the listener. Though I do think CE has the best gun sounds in the series when it came to balancing the feel of the guns vs the amount of attention they take away from the rest of the mix. But I really liked H2's sound design as well.

Melee animations were a downgrade I agree, as was the whole system in general compared to CE. Not something I ever consciously thought about while playing though, so they served their purpose. I did really like how melee animations were shortened in H2.

Concerning presentation, Halo CE and Halo 2 are the titles that look and feel the most "Halo-ish" to me, with Halo 3 getting it mostly right, and Reach dropping us off the cliff. Halo 4 and 5 barely feel like Halo at all in any aspect of their visual or audio presentation imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think some of these were explained but I'm not sure.

No they have all just been inferred to have a canonical reason like Halsey not knowing the S3s were Spartans (you would have to be incredibly stupid not to know though).

Update 7/5/2016

Only 14 more Kill Commendations to go! What's left:

• Grenade Kills - 2351
  • Melee Kills - 6865
  • Assassinations - 5365
  • Warzone Boss Kills/Assists - 1988
  • First Strikes - 1528
  • Reversals - 4260
  • Hijack/Skyjacks - 447
  • Ground Vehicle Kills - 32668
  • Busted Medals - 112
  • Buckle Up Medals - 542
  • Enemy Vehicle Destroyed - 7135
  • Marine Kills - 28436
  • Spartan Charge Kills - 9562
  • Splatter Kills - 4850

In 7 weeks we finished 6 commendations. Vehicle Kills, and Assassinations are still on Tier 4!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Update 7/5/2016

Only 14 more Kill Commendations to go! What's left:

• Grenade Kills - 2351
  • Melee Kills - 6865
  • Assassinations - 5365
  • Warzone Boss Kills/Assists - 1988
  • First Strikes - 1528
  • Reversals - 4260
  • Hijack/Skyjacks - 447
  • Ground Vehicle Kills - 32668
  • Busted Medals - 112
  • Buckle Up Medals - 542
  • Enemy Vehicle Destroyed - 7135
  • Marine Kills - 28436
  • Spartan Charge Kills - 9562
  • Splatter Kills - 4850

In 7 weeks we finished 6 commendations. Vehicle Kills, and Assassinations are still on Tier 4!

I remember when my company was still after Achilles. It's great once you get it, but it takes forever.

I remember when my company was still after Achilles. It's great once you get it, but it takes forever.

It would be a lot better if there were a lot more active players in the company. Our average for Ground Vehicle kills hasn't really changed after my last update. 7 weeks ago we were averaging 80 kills a day, and today we're averaging 81 kills a day. So that means in 403 days we will be done.  :kappa:

Have y'all noticed a bump in population since it's been free on Xbox live? Just saw something on r/halo about someone being happy that it's free or else they wouldn't have played it, so I was wondering if y'all have noticed anything.

Have y'all noticed a bump in population since it's been free on Xbox live? Just saw something on r/halo about someone being happy that it's free or else they wouldn't have played it, so I was wondering if y'all have noticed anything.

Yeah, definitely a jump in population. You can see it if you make a smurf account, lot's of people placing in Arena. It's also evident in Warzone Assault where half of your team will just quit the match if you're losing your first base. 

It would be a lot better if there were a lot more active players in the company. Our average for Ground Vehicle kills hasn't really changed after my last update. 7 weeks ago we were averaging 80 kills a day, and today we're averaging 81 kills a day. So that means in 403 days we will be done.  :kappa:

You definitely need people who play daily. My company was booting people every week to get rid of all the inactives. It really speeds up the time, and also rewards the people who put in an effort compared to the people who just try to ride along.

You definitely need people who play daily. My company was booting people every week to get rid of all the inactives. It really speeds up the time, and also rewards the people who put in an effort compared to the people who just try to ride along.

Unfortunately, there's alot of politics in our company in terms of community personalities etc that belong to Beyond yet don't really play H5. It also doesn't help that most of our members are arena folk and exclusively play arena. I know I don't really wish to play Warzone unless I play with others or I'm taking a break from FFA/Team Arena. 

We had a good group of grinders at one point but they left to other companies once they saw how slow our progression and lack of interest in grinding the helmet seemed to be.

I'd say a few thousand, but again player retention is going to the big issue. How many players might feel left out when they see all those who played since day one have all the cool stuff.

Does anyone experience one day feeling really good at aiming and then the next day it feels completely messed up?

I've been playing Half-Life between today and yesterday. I wonder if I got used to its aiming then switched back to Halo 5's dumb aiming and it messed me up.

With shit like that I'm glad it was free for a week for me to try a little more than I originally did but I can't put up with this garbage. It feels so weird. Halo 1-2 are like a glove with the aiming. Totally comfortable.

I'd say a few thousand, but again player retention is going to the big issue. How many players might feel left out when they see all those who played since day one have all the cool stuff.

The thing is that the REQ system is much better now than it was at launch. Yes, there's ALOT of fluff but let's look at some things:

- You can now get 3 permament unlocks from Silver and Gold packs in the form of emblems.

- WZFF gives away packs like candy, allowing new players to unlock a bunch of stuff quickly after a few sessions rather than the grind that we endured at launch.

- RP Boosts are way more plentiful than at at launch from packs.

While not optimal, getting new unlocks in H5 is less of a grind and I can see people sticking through it with the promise of new content being announced in the future. In that sense, things have improved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The spartan company exists for more than just unlocking two mediocre pieces of armor.

I just noticed your profile pic is from TesseracT's newest album.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone feel like the vehicle physics have changed up a bit?

I can't really put my finger on it, but messing around with it in warzone makes me feel like something has changed?

The thing is that the REQ system is much better now than it was at launch. Yes, there's ALOT of fluff but let's look at some things:

- You can now get 3 permament unlocks from Silver and Gold packs in the form of emblems.

- WZFF gives away packs like candy, allowing new players to unlock a bunch of stuff quickly after a few sessions rather than the grind that we endured at launch.

- RP Boosts are way more plentiful than at at launch from packs.

While not optimal, getting new unlocks in H5 is less of a grind and I can see people sticking through it with the promise of new content being announced in the future. In that sense, things have improved.

In WZFF, wouldn't you have to beat the 5 rounds to get the REQ packs? Many new players don't have the tanks, or anything really, to take down the bosses, and it takes a team to win. WZFF doesn't really seem like a good mode for people who just got into the game, as the AI would probably be too difficult or the bullet sponge nature of the bosses would turn them away.

The REQ system has gotten better, but all the filler just makes it really tedious. At least now they don't have to deal with getting 2 legendary emblems in a gold pack.