CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Random question for you guys: did they change how easy it is to gain CSR when youre onyx? Were people getting 3-6k CSR when the game launched?

Random question for you guys: did they change how easy it is to gain CSR when youre onyx? Were people getting 3-6k CSR when the game launched?

They made it so higher CSR players were able to find games easier. CSR has no upper limit, so. However, if a team of 4 Champs (3k~ CSR) faces a team of 4 1700 ONYX CSR, the champs will only get +1 and the onyx players will only get -1. Players with close CSR numbers will lose/gain more. You lose 30 CSR per DC/Quit

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sweet I might give it a try (inb4 "you haven't played H5 yet?!")

I think its actually free right now. The 50% off thing went live about 13 hours ago.

I think its actually free right now. The 50% off thing went live about 13 hours ago.

Thanks. Can't wait to go home to download 90+ Gb

Thanks. Can't wait to go home to download 90+ Gb

I mean, it's a lot of content now to download at once. Also, it's free. Unless you have some super restrictive ISP data cap, what's the big deal?

I mean, it's a lot of content now to download at once. Also, it's free. Unless you have some super restrictive ISP data cap, what's the big deal?

Super restrictive?

If you have any kind of cap, 90 gigs is a lot to handle at once.

This is why I don't understand this push for all digital gaming. It's not realistic at all for people with internet caps and it seems more and more places are moving towards caps, not away.

For me it's not a big deal, I just find it interesting how the data size of games has exploded in the last few years. For comparison, H3, Reach and most CoD games fit on one double layer DVD and have more content than most games relased today that are 50+ Gb. Funny how that happened.

Might have to do with increased visual fidelity or might just be complete incompetence on the developer side, like when Titalfall contained 30 Gb of uncompressed audio files.

Console gaming used to be "pop in a disc and it works". Now you have to install it and download huge amounts of data and patches all the time, it's lost one of its biggest advantages over PC gaming this way

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well there's a rumor Nintendo is using Cartridges on the NX Nintendo might be hitting the ball on the head before it even becomes a problem for them.

For me it's not a big deal, I just find it interesting how the data size of games has exploded in the last few years. For comparison, H3, Reach and most CoD games fit on one double layer DVD and have more content than most games relased today that are 50+ Gb. Funny how that happened.

Might have to do with increased visual fidelity or might just be complete incompetence on the developer side, like when Titalfall contained 30 Gb of uncompressed audio files.

Console gaming used to be "pop in a disc and it works". Now you have to install it and download huge amounts of data and patches all the time, it's lost one of its biggest advantages over PC gaming this way

I see it as developers trying to fill up all that bluray space with as much as possible.

Super restrictive?

If you have any kind of cap, 90 gigs is a lot to handle at once.

This is why I don't understand this push for all digital gaming. It's not realistic at all for people with internet caps and it seems more and more places are moving towards caps, not away.

Yea, it is a lot. I know ISP vary. I'm lucky enough to have a company that doesn't impose hardly any restrictions, but some friends have very restrictive caps. It most def can be troublesome, but the digital can offer advantages.

I was thinking about that trend yesterday. I know the popular rhetoric is to say that devs are incompetent and plan to patch things in later, but I think it has a lot to do with advanced technology pushing the visual side of games to a console limit. This coupled with the rise of cloud storage has digital updates and installs being very trendy. You hit the nail on the head, consoles are blending with PC trends and habits.

Also, please please please let updated assault play well!

• Upvote (+1) 1

The reason this shit is terrible is because devs pushed for bigger games but the console makers made severely underpowered consoles to handle said games.

I kinda missed the entire stream, but all I see is the stuff Forge is adding. How is the team this amazing.

I thought the wall-running they added was pretty cool too, albeit no animation.

I checked the game page on the store and all I saw was the game price that was half off. Should I be looking elsewhere?

I checked the game page on the store and all I saw was the game price that was half off. Should I be looking elsewhere?

Same, it's discounted, but no free trial.

The reason this shit is terrible is because devs pushed for bigger games but the console makers made severely underpowered consoles to handle said games.

I especially love how I have 6 games installed and my harddrive is 98% full.

• Upvote (+1) 4