CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I wish Halo still had a genuinely fun large scale game mode. Warzone and H5 BTB do not satisfy that void. So many people loved Halo for BTB and they ruined it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I wish Halo still had a genuinely fun large scale game mode. Warzone and H5 BTB do not satisfy that void. So many people loved Halo for BTB and they ruined it.

What exactly about BTB did they "ruin"?

The part where the maps were good/not entirely made in forge, the vehicles were viable or even important, and shooting someone at long range with your starting weapon or this game's laughable sniper wasn't completely trivial? There is one map with a tank and it basically amounts to a bunch of structures and debris randomly tossed into a sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 8

It's a literal meat grinder mode.

I'd call it Normandy simulator, but at least Attackers had a chance in Normandy.

Warzone Assault is praying to RNJesus and hoping you roll Defenders with a semi-competent team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd call it Normandy simulator, but at least Attackers had a chance in Normandy.

Warzone Assault is praying to RNJesus and hoping you roll Defenders with a semi-competent team.

And if you're shit out of luck, at least it'll be over in 6-18 minutes and you'll still get a ton of REQ points/XP.

Warzone Assault is one of the most ridiculous displays of completely fucking incompetent game design I have ever seen. 343 should be embarrassed.

As a concept, I actually like Warzone Assault. The problem is that playing Attackers is an absolutely shitty experience because Defenders get such a massive advantage.

Any Defending team with an ounce of coordination will stomp the Attackers on the first round regardless of how good they are. It's a simple matter of playing hide and seek in the capture area and getting enough dudes to stare at some spots until the other team gets funneled to and spawn camped at a certain part of the map.

And if the Attackers somehow manage to get past the first stage, the Defenders can simply get someone to sneak to enemy vehicle bay and hijack/destroy every vehicle that spawns. It's fucking stupid.

Warzone Assault is one of the most ridiculous displays of completely fucking incompetent game design I have ever seen. 343 should be embarrassed.

It's much better than normal Warzone though

• Upvote (+1) 2

Unless it's Dispatch, in which case you pray to RNJesus that you roll Attackers instead.

(Dispatch defense spawns are shit.)

We are always open to feedback for future tourneys, we knew either way we went with it there would still be complaints.

Was there any discussion about removing autos from the maps?

Was there any discussion about removing autos from the maps?

We had a pretty lengthy staff discussion on what to use and what not to use.

I'm just happy I could get friends together easily enough and we could match each other by doing the language trick.

My first account got banned for doing that trick, we were boosting in team doubles hahahah.

Gosh I'm excited for tomorrow's update. Especially for Firefight. Gonna be dope as fuck.

nope as fuck

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

The sniper does a pretty good job of ruining BTB all on its own. It's soooo easy to use at long range. Every game features a bunch of snipedown's and royal 2's and nobody can move around freely because of it.

Instead of adding the H3 beam rifle they should have added the H3 sniper and replaced the H5 sniper with it on most maps. Especially BTB maps.

• Upvote (+1) 6

As a concept, I actually like Warzone Assault. The problem is that playing Attackers is an absolutely shitty experience because Defenders get such a massive advantage.

Any Defending team with an ounce of coordination will stomp the Attackers on the first round regardless of how good they are. It's a simple matter of playing hide and seek in the capture area and getting enough dudes to stare at some spots until the other team gets funneled to and spawn camped at a certain part of the map.

And if the Attackers somehow manage to get past the first stage, the Defenders can simply get someone to sneak to enemy vehicle bay and hijack/destroy every vehicle that spawns. It's fucking stupid.

Assault would have been much better as a tug of war type gamemode. Where both teams initially fight for the central structure. Then whoever wins that round is offense and the loser plays defense over the next two stages.

WZA is for the req points bro. The most time efficient req grinder.

It's much better than normal Warzone though

I've played more of it, because I find the length and mechanical bloat of standard Warzone to be extremely tedious and annoying, but I would not say that it's really better than normal Warzone. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Warzone, but it's at least somewhat competent from a design perspective. It actually feels like it was play-tested, unlike Assault. It doesn't have massive balance issues and terrible spawns that should have been obvious after less than an hour of actually playing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im excited for the update because it means I no longer have to play borezone in order to grind reqs.