CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Why does almost every doubles map have a hydra? The buff that weapon got was unnecessary and it's just plain annoying now. Especially on Optic Prison. A 1 shot tracking rocket with unlimited ammo lmao.

Also OS is insane.

It negatively impacts the very base that the game is built upon. The BR spread, while annoying and nonsensically designed, didn't effect every single aspect of the game.

Plus on LAN, or even a good connection it's effects on the game were minimal where as sprint is always an issue.

Just the biggest part. Like actually killing someone.

Both are as bad as each other.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In what way?

From what I remember it just felt really easy to die. Because there would be constant pings back and forth.

I do like how in Warzone auto's are never nearly as much of a problem as in arena because of better precision weapon spawns. 

I just think BR/DMR's have a problem, I don't know what it is, they just feel way more overpowered compared to previous games, and you can se this with how easy it is to destroy vehicles in BTB.

It negatively impacts the very base that the game is built upon. The BR spread, while annoying and nonsensically designed, didn't effect every single aspect of the game.

Plus on LAN, or even a good connection it's effects on the game were minimal where as sprint is always an issue. Honestly I think a lot of people lay too much of H3's hit registration issue at the feet of the BR spread and not enough of it at the feet of horrid netcode. On LAN the BR spread wasn't a huge deal.

You can turn off abilities and radar in custom games. You can't turn off BR spread.

Therefore, Halo 3 is automatically infinitely worse.

Plus on LAN, or even a good connection it's effects on the game were minimal where as sprint is always an issue. Honestly I think a lot of people lay too much of H3's hit registration issue at the feet of the BR spread and not enough of it at the feet of horrid netcode. On LAN the BR spread wasn't a huge deal.

So you're saying that the weapon that I use probably more than 90% of the time (h3 was a BR/Snipe/Rocket/Mauler game) doesn't affect every single aspect of the game by being random, not able to shoot from gold 2 in Guardian to s3 with the quickness, etc didn't mess with every aspect of the game

Also why do I care about LAN lol.

You just claimed that CE devolved into autos in CQC which isn't true at all, full stop. Don't try to make false claims to make H5 seem better, its a dishonest tactic at best, insidious at its worse. 

I've watched a lot of CE, autos come out reasonably often in 1v1 battles, though pistols / double melee is more common.  I agree that H5 is not better than H1 in CQC or in most other ways

From what I remember it just felt really easy to die. Because there would be constant pings back and forth.

I do like how in Warzone auto's are never nearly as much of a problem as in arena because of better precision weapon spawns.

I just think BR/DMR's have a problem, I don't know what it is, they just feel way more overpowered compared to previous games, and you can se this with how easy it is to destroy vehicles in BTB.

Vehicles tank in BTB though.

Why does almost every doubles map have a hydra? The buff that weapon got was unnecessary and it's just plain annoying now. Especially on Optic Prison. A 1 shot tracking rocket with unlimited ammo lmao.

Also OS is insane.

All the maps were made before the update and were never given a chance to test different shit also. They changed the timers on the hydra so they spawn much faster than anyone who made a map wants them to. That is 343 for you. Trying to shoe horn something that was not intended when the weapon was placed. They respawn 10 seconds after its dropped rather than the 60 myself and others had them set at.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All the maps were made before the update and were never given a chance to test different shit also. They changed the timers on the hydra so they spawn much faster than anyone who made a map wants them to. That is 343 for you. Trying to shoe horn something that was not intended when the weapon was placed. They respawn 10 seconds after its dropped rather than the 60 myself and others had them set at.

Well that's a damn shame. Making me hate the forgers when it's 343's fault.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So you're saying that the weapon that I use probably more than 90% of the time (h3 was a BR/Snipe/Rocket/Mauler game) doesn't affect every single aspect of the game by being random, not able to shoot from gold 2 in Guardian to s3 with the quickness, etc didn't mess with every aspect of the game

Also why do I care about LAN lol.

You can't even shoot from top mid to G2 without your shots potentially dropping.

2. While I agree that pistol vs pistol fights are amazing, doesn't it bother you that such a potentially amazing spawn weapon is so weak in comparison to map pick ups like the BR, DMR, LR, Carbine, SMG and SR?

3. Don't you think thrust, slide, mantling would feel even better if they were designed around a crisp, fast base movement speed instead of sprint?

4. Disagree lol. I hate how this game funnels me into a mode that I find quite boring. You pretty much have to play it if you want to rank up or get req points. Plus, 343 refuses to add actual social lists to MM and I think a lot of that has to do with warzone.

I think 343 has taken steps in the right direction with removing some of the BRs/DMRs from Arena maps ... I mean, I agree overall, but it's definitely possible to win a pistol vs. BR battle (I've seen ContrA do it a thousand times).  I'd like a slight buff to the pistol though (faster ROF).

Sure, as I mentioned, higher base movement is better than sprint, but it's not the end of the world to me.  

The lack of social playlists is a whole separate issue; I just like that there's a crazy 12v12vE mode in Halo where I can call in Phaetons and Nornfangs etc.; that shit is fun to me, for sure, but I understand if others aren't a fan.

I love getting a magnum kill reversal while jumping out of a strafe one direction, thrusting the opposite way, and hitting a headshot. So satisfying.

Compound that with thrust, then overpowered autos, then take away any thinking required by adding radar. Now you got yourself a pretty damn bad Halo game. Oh, and why not tack on some bad maps with Sniper hitboxes the size of Maryland.

Don't forget that Sprint ruins map design, since you have to scale the map for the top speed, jumps, etcs. Then you rooms that feel to big to fight since the gunplay is at a the different movement speed.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Thank you for explaining for feelings.

This one though, I just don't get. I find H5 feels great. When you're not shooting. Then as soon as you stop to shoot someone, the world comes crashing down around you. You stop feeling agile and you become a tank. A tank that is moving about in a map that is scaled for a rocket car's speed.

For me, especially in comparison to playing Doom and some overwatch, H5 feels very dated and archaic. It seems like the rest of the industry is starting to remember that sprint in games with long kill times feels kinda awkward. But H5 is stuck a year behind the times.

That's kinda what I meant by the balance between weighty and agile. 

I like the slower more methodical movement in combat whereas out of combat I prefer the faster more agile movement that sprint and clamber brings. I also think thrusters and the really crispy crouch strafing means 1v1s still feel fantastic.

Also as I said before I prefer larger maps and even then H5's maps aren't that big at all.

You can't even shoot from top mid to G2 without your shots potentially dropping.

So you're telling me h3 is Hold forward: The Game?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Is that Discord active?

It's pretty active yeah. At the very least we play Arena but 8s haven't been happening as much (though they still happen) with Bum playing Shadowrun and me being busy with IRL it'll jump back though. Make sure you have discord voice as everyone uses it

I've watched a lot of CE, autos come out reasonably often in 1v1 battles, though pistols / double melee is more common.  I agree that H5 is not better than H1 in CQC or in most other ways

Maybe you are getting confused?  Autos come out when people double melee.  Is that what you are referring to?  The only auto I ever used was the Plasma Riffle because of the aim stun.  That was pretty cool.  You could actually use it intelligently.  But it still took forever to actually get a kill with it and it only worked if you did use it intelligently. What is this footage you are watching where they are diverting to autos?  Let me know, I can provide you with some better footage to watch.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Spread meant that you just needed to get closer, the gun didn't have the right range, sprint means that a lot of your strategy is thrown out the window because the flow is randomized.

Both tend to make the game more team shot oriented fo sure, but sprint does more than that to the game.

Some of you guys are a little confused about H3 it seems. Sure the gun was a bit random but the settings we played on addressed that and made the weapon more consistent even though it did still have a range that it stopped being effective at. Yes I've only 4'd someone from cannon to cannon on Narrows like 4 times in my entire life because that was nearly impossible but most of the time people bitched about the gun being "random" it was actually the player just playing like shit or the net code failing them. People weren't often actually engaging in battles from across the universe with their BR in competitive play. If you think about the maps and the positions people held for weapons/height advantage etc you'll start to notice that often the map itself already had you well within effective range for your BR. Most people didn't stand right on the snipe spawn on Guardian and try to 4 someone standing top gold. Probably because you'd get naded and shot from everywhere on the map and players would back down before you'd 4 anyways and all of that would come before you'd have time to sit there and complain that your BR was random

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why does 343 fuck with the forgers maps design/item placement they made them that way intentionally leave well enough alone it's pretty ridiculous how much of a control freak 343i can be. :kappa:

Unless it's a game breaking aspect of the map 343 should just leave well enough alone.

Should we come up with formal names for the two party system that has seemed to develop on this thread with respect towards Halo 5? 

6hN6xdX.jpg

These upvote/downvote cliques seem to vote pretty consistently.  Any body wanna give a shot at labeling the parties accordingly?  Something we can all agree on and doesn't offend anyone.  

I'm all about not offending people. That's my motto.